Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo Switch in stock

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

qrx wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me, do Gamestop honour their pre-orders?  Will they actually keep it for me for collection or pawn it off to the first person who asks or do they take more orders than they have stock for?  Just wondering do I need to go queue before the store opens or does pre-order actually mean what it says and they'll keep it for me.
    If you have it preordered and have your receipt(if ordered in store) they should contact you the day before they get them in stock. Also they will only hold a preorder for 24hrs-48hrs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I picked up a Neon one in Smyths Waterford on Sunday. They had plenty of that and the grey one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,177 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Grey in stock in argos again beat the scalpers

http://checkargos.com/product/6849454

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

sligeach wrote: »
    You'd best have lightning reflexes if you want either of these.

Nintendo Switch - Neon Red/Neon Blue

Nintendo Switch - Neon Red/Blue with Splatoon 2

Can anyone tell me what the story with preordering the Splatoon 2 bundle from Amazon might be (best guess)? I've never preordered something from Amazon. I assume it's not as simple as preordering now and it arriving in the next week or two?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Smyths in Blanch had a load when I was in there on Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

xckjoo wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the story with preordering the Splatoon 2 bundle from Amazon might be (best guess)? I've never preordered something from Amazon. I assume it's not as simple as preordering now and it arriving in the next week or two?

yes it's that easy, mine is coming Wednesday :)

tinner777 wrote: »
    yes it's that easy, mine is coming Wednesday :)

Cheers. I ended up preordering and it arrived Saturday! Fair play to An Post upping their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cwarim

I'll be in Ireland in Dublin on Friday week (4th August) but will only have one day on the ground, so to speak. Fly in at 8.30am and fly out at the same time the next morning.

What's the chances I find a Switch in a store on the ground? Online shopping is obviously not an option for me. What's the stock level like at the moment?

I'm hoping that the Splatoon 2 rush will be over at that stage and maybe stock will be building up again. I'm going through the US on my way here but it's borderline impossible to find over there so I reckon Ireland is a better hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

What you can do is try reserving one in a convenient argos or smyths between now and friday week if they pop up as available on line, (Argos have the Grey in Tallaght, Dundrum and Naas for example, although what happened to the price???) let the reservation expire and then check the site convulsively the morning after the reservation expires until it's returned to general stock so you can reserve it again. Repeat until you've bought it. It's a lot of work, and it's a little bit of a dick move, but it'll effectively mean they hold one for you till you get there.

Or, you could send me €370 in Amazon credit, I'll buy one for you today and hold it. I promise I won't just take the money and delete my account, and I didn't get the idea for this scam once in a lifetime offer from an article on NintendoLife.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 bbudab

Husband and I decided we both want one for Christmas this year, and thought that we best start looking for them early. Managed to get one from Argos St Stephens Green last week for €329, but now they are sold out everywhere! Argos have now raised their price to €370???!!! Anyone know why they can suddenly up the cost by €40 quid???!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Supply and demand

Look at Cex selling second hand ones for what, €400?

I wouldn't give €370 for one though, just encourages this kind of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Keep a look out in stores definitely, they come in and out of stock often enough. Gamestop near me had a sign up they were in stock, 2 days later it was taken down and then a few days after that it was up again.

Looks like they have been hard to get for a while now, wonder if they are stock piling them somewhere until closer to Christmas when they become a 'must have' toy. Defo won't be spending €370 on one!
    Wonder if any stores are gonna start doing bundles?

bbudab wrote: »
    Looks like they have been hard to get for a while now, wonder if they are stock piling them somewhere until closer to Christmas when they become a 'must have' toy. Defo won't be spending €370 on one!
    Wonder if any stores are gonna start doing bundles?

I preordered the Splatoon 2 bundle last week for about €360 and it arrived on Saturday. They've jumped in price now but it's probably just because stocks are low after the rush for Splatoon 2.

If it's only for Christmas you want it I wouldn't worry. They'll come back down to a more reasonable price before then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's the addition of a game in the package.
    The solus pack, with no game, is for the lower price.
    If you were to buy the solo system and then a game you could spend an extra tenner.
    Worth watching out for package deals with more games though, you never know what might pop up, but the popularity of the system means these won't last long!

Edit: I stand corrected!
    Those jammy gits in Argos have bumped the prices up!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Collyb101

How available are the Nintendo Switch Consoles???
    I have some friends up north are having a hard time buying these consoles and they asked if they are available in stores in Dublin etc. I see Smyths are sold out but are these available.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Collyb101 wrote: »
    How available are the Nintendo Switch Consoles???
    I have some friends up north are having a hard time buying these consoles and they asked if they are available in stores in Dublin etc. I see Smyths are sold out but are these available.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Still looking for one myself. Don't have them anywhere in Dublin as far as I can see, keep checking stock in game stop and Argos, but they are sold out. Smyths said that they would have them in stock from Aug 4th - Aug 8th, but now that's changed to Aug 11th - Aug 14th.

For now I have put a deposit on one in game stop. They told me that I was first on the list and they would give me a call as soon as they get them in. They said that when they do get them in they get so few that they get given to people that pre order.

If you're trying to get one in Dublin, just keep checking the store stock on Argos, Game Stop and Smyths.

The wait continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,999 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Switch is supposedly in stock on Argos.co.uk. Don't see any stock in Irish stores. And people shouldn't buy it there if it does come back in stock after they hiked the price by €40. The UK price remains the same at £280.

It's in stock on Amazon UK, I'd advise anyone interested to act quickly though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-UK-NSHEHWNIN45229-Switch-Grey/dp/B01MFADJFV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    It's in stock on Amazon UK, I'd advise anyone interested to act quickly though.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-UK-NSHEHWNIN45229-Switch-Grey/dp/B01MFADJFV

Have...

Have you...

Have you... acted yet Sligeach???

Everyday, every darn day brings us 24hrs closer to you owning a Switch....

Any day now....

Any day...

Is it mark of the apocalypse I wonder?

Whores of Babylon
    Seas of blood
    Judging of souls
    Sligeach picking up his Switch from Smyth's....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

The one with the Grey Joycons is coming up as in stock for home delivery on the Smyths website. None for click & collect though so probably not many available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭Ur[s]uS

bbudab wrote: »

True that. The neon will soon be sold out in Dublin again. There are at least 15 grey in Jervis, Swords, Carrickmines, Blanchardstown and Fonthill. They flogged about 10 neon units in an hour at Jervis!

And it's gone!

Plenty of grey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Still says:

8 in Tallaght
    1 in Carrickmines
    4 in Dundalk
    6 in Galway
    3 in Tralee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Smyths got some stock in today. I picked up a neon blue / red one but had also ordered from Amazon. I went to cancel the Amazon one but it looks like I was too late. So I'll have a spare new grey switch with zelda next week if anyone wants to take them at cost (+ shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 wikily

There were 8 in kinsale rd, cork thismorning.

Advertisement