Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help deciding on Denim Jacket for man?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Very fashionable.
    .........If he's auditioning for a remake of "The Snapper" or "Bread"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Lol good one Nekarsulm.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blinkwink

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Very fashionable.
    .........If he's auditioning for a remake of "The Snapper" or "Bread"

I'm very bad at reading people, so I'm gonna assume it's a bad choice, or are you just yanking my chain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I don't think they're fashionable and I don't think they're stylish or attractive either.
    The fluffy collar thing limits you to only wearing it in winter too imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

blinkwink wrote: »
    I'm very bad at reading people, so I'm gonna assume it's a bad choice, or are you just yanking my chain?

Ah, a bit of both, I suppose!
    I hate them with a passion. Nothing says mid 80's Scouser dole hound like those jackets. (Except, possibly, a lilac shell suit)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I saw a very bearded gent wearing something like this over his work shirt / slacks yesterday.
    I presume it's another standard hipster piece?

Personally I really don't like them or find then nice in anyway.
    But I'm old now so have no idea! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Shearling collars were big in the style blogs over the winter- not sure how much use you'll get out of them with the weather getting better.

TBH if you want a denim jacket (and they can look GREAT) then stick with a dark wash, Levis bog standard edition. You candress it up or down, it'll be far more versatile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Slightly OT, I'd really like to get a vintage / slim fit dark denim jacket, but my problem is I never wear anything other than jeans. And I don't want to go the whole "denim tuxedo" look. I know I could probably get some chinos but I've never been in love with them, especially slim ones, which just look weird on me. Is there any way around the double denim thing?

OT the jackets are OK, they are a bit hipster-y. The first one is probably nicer, but coming into the summer it wouldn't be the best option. You could probably pick up 2nd hand regular denim jacket easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Slightly OT, I'd really like to get a vintage / slim fit dark denim jacket, but my problem is I never wear anything other than jeans. And I don't want to go the whole "denim tuxedo" look. I know I could probably get some chinos but I've never been in love with them, especially slim ones, which just look weird on me. Is there any way around the double denim thing?

The key to pulling that off I reckon is keeping the washes different. SO if your jeans are dark wash, then maybe go for a lighter wash jacket, and vice versa. A black jacket could look cool, maybe?

I also think that wool trousers look AWESOME with a denim jacket, especially the type of wool trousers that are cut like jeans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pauliebdub

They're both horrible and a trend that should be left in the 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blinkwink

Hey everyone, I've been very busy lately and just wanted to tell you that I got the black jacket, I just couldn't resist. Thanks for the responses though.

Advertisement