Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where could I buy food packaging in sligo?

Options
  • 15-03-2017 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all.
    So basically I'm looking to package fish cakes and I'm wondering where in sligo could I buy the following? I'm just looking to buy the plastic part, without the cardboard sleeve.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

job seeker wrote: »
    Hi all.
    So basically I'm looking to package fish cakes and I'm wondering where in sligo could I buy the following? I'm just looking to buy the plastic part, without the cardboard sleeve.

Any help at all is appreciated.

Thanks

i donno but are you selling them
    the wife likes fishcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Tigger wrote: »
    i donno but are you selling them
    the wife likes fishcakes

I'm not no. It's more just a college project.. I'm not in this for financial gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They sell rolls of plastic food bags in Aldi or Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

try the food store over beside expert electrical .. they do food packaging down the back

sligojoek wrote: »
    They sell rolls of plastic food bags in Aldi or Lidl.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

Scarlet42 wrote: »
    try the food store over beside expert electrical .. they do food packaging down the back

Perfect.. Is it accully called "the food store"?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Hombre Lobo

job seeker wrote: »
    Perfect.. Is it accully called "the food store"?

The Food Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭MountainAshIRL

Just a thought but would you think about using a recyclable or more sustainable option for your project? It could be an added selling point you could make your product more environmentally friendly. Plastic pollution is a huge issue and a recycle paper or cardboard might get you a few extra points

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

^Great suggestion. If for whatever reason that's not viable, I'd second The Food Store, have picked up similar there before. Also Homestore and More might have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

I think most Cash and Carry's stock them in the Catering section. My sister gets them in Seery's C&C in Athlone I think.

• Advertisement

Just a thought but would you think about using a recyclable or more sustainable option for your project? It could be an added selling point you could make your product more environmentally friendly. Plastic pollution is a huge issue and a recycle paper or cardboard might get you a few extra points

That's a very good idea, however I was aiming my product at people who lives life "on the go" and basically my product is cooked once and chilled. So I was really looking for microwavable containers which could be stuck into the microwave in a hurry and have fresh fish cakes in 1-2 minutes. But I suppose the product could be put on a plate and microwaved..

I wonder would it be difficult to source recyclable materials in Sligo..?

Advertisement