Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend a sweatband

• 15-03-2017 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭

After about 10k I suffer from sweat rolling down on to eyes and eyewear, complete PITA. Keep meaning to ask on here...so here I am . It's even bad in the winter, gets dire in the summer , anyone got a solution that works ?
    Thank

And no smart arse answers like only do 9k :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

secman wrote: »
    After about 10k I suffer from sweat rolling down on to eyes and eyewear, complete PITA. Keep meaning to ask on here...so here I am . It's even bad in the winter, gets dire in the summer , anyone got a solution that works ?
    Thank

And no smart arse answers like only do 9k :)

I had the same issue and checked out the Sweat GUTR. I think I bought mine on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

dancrowley wrote: »
    I had the same issue and checked out the Sweat GUTR. I think I bought mine on Amazon.

Thanks Dan, and is it doing what it " says on the tin " ?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

secman wrote: »
    Thanks Dan, and is it doing what it " says on the tin " ?

It is, indeed. It's beginning to warm up here, now, so mine will be coming out of hibernation soon!

I too have this sweaty head problem. I usually use a cheap bandana / snood / balaclava thingey. I think I bought it for €2 on amazon. Have it on my head in summer and around my neck in winter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That looks a good idea, might get one myself as I'm the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Just buy a cotton cycling cap and wear it under your helmet (if you wear one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Can't beat an auld cotton cap for sopping up sweat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

+1 for the GUTR.

The advantage they have over the headband is that they don't absorb sweat, it channels to each side of your face.

I got mine in Irishfit in Sandyford, Dublin for €20.99 (link) but they are also available elsewhere online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Miklos wrote: »
    Can't beat an auld cotton cap for sopping up sweat.
    problem is it would make your head warmer, surely? just meaning that when the dam bursts, it properly bursts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

The problem is putting them back on after stopping for coffee. I use a snood which is good and alternatively a sweatband, I got one from CRC and it's great until you have to put the wet cold one on after coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Cotton cap.. also keeps the bugginis away from your hair. Nothing worse than a wasp or fly getting caught up in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Cotton cap.. also keeps the bugginis away from your hair. Nothing worse than a wasp or fly getting caught up in there.

And although probably against The Rules it was also a versatile and easy to carry sun hat during last summer.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Halo all the way - nice and thin, easy to wear under the helmet - have had one for years
    Just beware of adjusting your helmet though, you'll likely get a flood of sweat in your eyes....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Buffs are pretty versatile. Work as a sweat band, hat, neck and face warmer, and will wrap around the wrist when not needed and handy for wiping your face then.

The 'proper' ones are pretty good at wicking so don't get uncomfortable when stopped for a bit, or put back on again after a coffee stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLPXWPHB/planet-x-windproof-headband

Not too sure about it being windproof but does the job on the sweat..
    Ive a few spare unused John Mc Enroe ones from Mo runner event...
    Always get a 2nd glance when helmet is removed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭victor201

Castelli and also odlo do them , ive used both and they are fine

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

This one isn't too bad, certainly not dire..

knopfler.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

RobFowl wrote: »
    This one isn't too bad, certainly not dire...
    Ronnie Van Zant did a 'no nonsense' Sweet Home Alabama version.

YWqeqX6h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Apologies if this moves conversation off topic. I am like the OP and start to sweat significantly after 10k+. While sweatbands tick the box it's also important to wear the right suncream. I had forgotten this over the winter and spend 20k cycling with one eye closed as the sweat below the band entered my eye. Moving to sports sunceam to see if that is any better. All part of the joys of cycling in the summer

• Advertisement
Advertisement