Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrong Payee account from a different bank

Options
  • 15-03-2017 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I have a payment from an Ulster Bank Accoun to an Bank of Irland account with the wrong payee.

Ulster bank has advised to contact Bank of Ireland so Bank of Ireland could contact the payment recipient for a possible refund.

On top of that the letting company the payment went to seems to no longer exist. But the account seems to be still active ( I am assuming ) as the payment was not returned within 4 weeks.

Is there anyone with Bank of Ireland I could contact about that?

Regards,

Gabriel

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

In this instance, if you know the payee that you've transferred to you would need to contact them directly to request they transfer the funds back to your account. Alternatively, your bank can send a bank to bank recall request for funds to be returned. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement