Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluetooth gym headphones

• 15-03-2017 8:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

What do you guys rate as the best Bluetooth headphones for the gym? Has anyone tried the new BeatsX?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Jaybird's , i wouldn't touch beats as they are overpriced and inferior quality for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sean_24

Was considering them too. Just not mad on the special charger that you have to keep track of..

sean_24 wrote: »
    Was considering them too. Just not mad on the special charger that you have to keep track of..

Hadn't realised micro usb that's used on every phone was a special charger....

I have the x2 btw after having the x1 before that.

Don't bother with the x3 nothing gained in it. Get the x2 they are great and have micro usb

Have mine since the came out

• Registered Users Posts: 20 sean_24

Oh yeah sorry the x3 has the 'proprietary charger' as they call it

• Advertisement

Good honest review here

https://youtu.be/LObJOc5u7sY

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭New Goat

Bose QC30. Pricey but have noise cancelling and Bose are high quality. Almost no noise pollution from them either which helps if you were using them in an office in work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭garyskeepers

I use my blutooth phone earpiece.. Plantronixs.

only have music in one ear, but handy for when you are yapping in between sets or whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I got a pair of 15 euro bluetooth headphones from tkmaxx.

Sound is grand and don't have to worry about them breaking unlike 180 euro jaybirds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭ongarite

Had a pair of Plantronics Back Beat Pros but the battery failed on it just after a year.
    Replaced them with Mpow Magneto from Amazon. 20 quid and just as good

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Headphones-Mpow-Earphones-Hands-free/dp/B017ATPNAU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

I've been using the Mpow linked above for about a year and find them perfect or the gym/running.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

I've had Jaybird Bluebud X which were fine but broke after 2 years. Got them replaced by Jaybird X2 which broke after 3 months.

Brought the top rated ones on Amazon (taotronics) for £23 and so far so good - albeit only 1 week in. Not much difference between these and jaybirds when you're at the gym and just want decent sound and something that doesnt fall out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

ongarite wrote: »
    Had a pair of Plantronics Back Beat Pros but the battery failed on it just after a year.
    Replaced them with Mpow Magneto from Amazon. 20 quid and just as good

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-Headphones-Mpow-Earphones-Hands-free/dp/B017ATPNAU

My back beat pros arrived today and were faulty :( I've ordered these instead as I didnt want to pay 70e again on top of waiting for the other pair to be returned. Shall report back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

I've bought 5 or 6 different pairs of wireless Bluetooth earphones at this stage but bought these about three weeks ago.

Betron MRJ1060 Bluetooth Headphones Earphones,Waterproof, Designed for Sports, Gym, Fitness, Secure Fit, Built in Mic (Black) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZEHPO9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_zQ8TNAqABgRwR
    I've used their wired ear and head phones for years because of the fit and decent bass/clear tones. So far I can't fault them, the cancel out most of the crap pop the gym blasts out and I'm getting about 6 hours play time per charge which isn't​ bad for the price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

From my own experience i much prefer using a cable.The bluetooth is good its just annoying when the signal get s choppy..go get more weights,,go for a piss etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I've been using the Mpow linked above for about a year and find them perfect or the gym/running.

Have them a week now and mixed enough experience, gonna try the various ear hook thingys see if I can get them to hold better

I'm sorry the plantronics back beat didn't work as I loved the way they hooked the ear

Advertisement