Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon 100d or 1300d

• 15-03-2017 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi all,

There was an issue with my 1200d with Curry's and they are now giving me vouchers that would cover a new camera with similar spec to my 1200d.

I see the 1300 is E375 while the 100d is E430 in the shop.

Which one is the better camera I wonder? A lot of conflicting stuff online but I'm leaning towards the 100d at the moment.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭jbv

Hi,

Have the 100D for over 2 years now. Happy with it. Great small size. With STM lens type great for video folllow focus. Had sold it recently due to upgrade to a full frame. Lack of WIFI connection will be one of the bad points.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Hi,

I agreed with jbv on this. Also have the 100D and really can't complain. Works just as it should and the size is actually brilliant! I don't really want the camera to be huge.

Most important for me was that I can bring it anywhere without having to worry about weight and size. Also the quality is good. Ticks both those boxes. No WIFI is maybe a pity but for the price that's acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭tcooley

Thanks fellas, I'm leaning to this model now. Wifi not a big issue for me. Would be nice but I'll manage!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭danmanw8

Good choice! One small tip. Make sure you get a good SD card with it. The one that comes included in the box (I think at least there is one - can't remember now) is only good for taking photos. If you want to record video you need a fast card.

I can't recall the specs but read the manual it will tell you exactly how fast it needs to be. Apparently not all SD cards have the same read/write speed. That was new to me as well at the time. That is just something small but handy to know in case you want go record videos straight away.

Enjoy!

Advertisement