Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculate my bill?

Options
  • 15-03-2017 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭

What would you price my bill at if I my meter reading went from 3707 to 4707? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi spoke2cun,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you referring to a residence or business? Can you advise if these readings are gas or electricity?

The gas unit rate is 4.783 cent (5.429 cent including VAT). A conversion factor is required to change the reading from cubic meters (m3) or cubic feet (ft3) to kilowatt hours. The conversion factor, given to all gas suppliers by Gas Networks Ireland, will change on a daily basis. You will find a breakdown of how to calculate this here. You will need the conversion factor from your last bill.

If you are looking for information relating to electricity prices at a residential property, we would need to know if you are on a 24-hour rate or a NightSaver rate. The rate will be determined by what type of meter you have. You can find the breakdown of the various unit prices here.

You can also apply for savings of up to 8.5% if you are an existing customer or switch to Electric Ireland to get these savings online.

If you would like us to check your Electric Ireland account for you, we will require the following details:
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    Any queries relating to business rates would need to go to our colleagues in the business department on 1850 372 787 from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm (excluding public holidays). If you are not already a business customer, and you are interested in switching to Electric Ireland, our colleagues in the Business Sales team are available on 1850 305 070, 9am to 5:30pm (excluding public holidays).

Please let us know if you have other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

It's residential and electricity only. I think it's 24 hr, not sure. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi again spoke2cun,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The unit price for a 24-hour meter is 15.13 cent per unit, or 17.17 cent including VAT.

The difference in the meter readings is 1000 units. 1000 units multiplied by 17.17 cent equals €171.70.

This figure does not take into account any savings, the standing charge, or the PSO levy.

The standing charge is calculated based on the amount of days, and whether the property is rural or residential. This classification is determined when the MPRN is originally created via an application to ESB Networks for a new electricity connection. The annual standing charge for an urban properties is €169.25 (€192.40 including VAT). This charge is €174.11 (€197.61 including VAT) for rural properties.

The PSO levy costs €70.75 (€80.30 including VAT) over the year. The amount of the PSO levy on the bill will also depend on the amount of the days in the billing period.

There may also be service charges if there is a Pay As You Go meter in the property.

We hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement