Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Detox Tea

• 15-03-2017 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Ok what are peoples take on this..

I dont work out much any more,,, not overweight, but could do with dropping 6 or 7 kg of fat/junk

I was doing a natural organic detox tea for 3 or 4 weeks and found it great, APART from the fact that i spect half the day on the toilet..

Results are great, but worth it?

can i get the same thing from drinking washing up liquid, or is detox tea good for other stuff too?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

buy laxatives same difference, but using them to lose weight is a warning sign of an eating disorder. and wrecks your insides.
    detox tea is a total scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

What above said Detox is a bull**** term your liver and kidneys detox you. Unless you have consumed actual toxins then you need a doctor.

No tea or supplement is a substitute for a good diet. Drink plenty of water and sort out your diet that will make you feel good and look better there is no short cut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I was doing a natural organic detox tea for 3 or 4 weeks and found it great, APART from the fact that i spect half the day on the toilet..

You took a bunch of laxatives in tea form and spent half the day on the toilet. In what way did you find it "great"? Did your toxometer report a decline in toxins by 115%?

Your body handles all of its own toxins within a certain limit. Eat too much junk, don't do any exercise, abuse alcohol or drugs, and you'll over stress your body's systems. And no amount of diarrhoea tea is going to fix that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Don't waste your time or money on detox tea. Your liver detoxes you every day- drink plenty of water to help if you like. Any weight you lose from laxatives will come straight back as soon as you start eating properly again so try eating a healthy balanced diet for a few weeks instead. Avoid alcohol (Ireland's fave toxin).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭Transform

is this a serious question?

Basing "results" on the amount of water weight you can drop as opposed to actual fat is counterproductive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is the post anything to do with the surge of posts on instragram pimping detox tea? If so they are paid to post pictures with them and have probably never used them

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭garyskeepers

hey guys...

thanks very much for the replies..

I dont think i could put myself through another week :)

unless i install a tv in the jax :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Transform wrote: »
    is this a serious question?

Basing "results" on the amount of water weight you can drop as opposed to actual fat is counterproductive

Counterproductive is not the first word I think of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

hey guys...

thanks very much for the replies..

I dont think i could put myself through another week :)

unless i install a tv in the jax :)

I would genuinely like to know what you meant by saying you found it "great", though.

Zillah wrote: »
    I would genuinely like to know what you meant by saying you found it "great", though.

well when i was finished it, i had lost about 8 pound and my stomach was a bit flatter

• Advertisement

well when i was finished it, i had lost about 8 pound and my stomach was a bit flatter

Which was probably all water from the diarrhea induced dehydration.
    How long did the 8lbs stay off for? Until a day or twos worth of food and drink I'd guess.

well, no it stayed off,, it was probably just a bit of problem area **** that i had built up...

kinda like the tea version of lipo haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There is no "tea version of lipo".

well, no it stayed off,, it was probably just a bit of problem area **** that i had built up...

Weren't dropping fat.
    I'm highly sceptical that it stayed off you. Any more than a colonic would clear out

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ludite

buy laxatives same difference, but using them to lose weight is a warning sign of an eating disorder. and wrecks your insides.
    detox tea is a total scam.

Yup. Safest way to lose weight is through a healthy diet, I'd recommend my fitness pal to help you track your food

Advertisement