Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTTH availability - directed at eir:Pamela

Options
  • 15-03-2017 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi Pamela,

can you check the possibility of FTTH for me if I was to PM you my phone number and eircode.

The exchange I am connected got a fibre feed into it about 6 weeks ago, (it was previously a radio link to another exchange for the exchanges broadband supply - 7.6mb)
    The locality is now being prepped for FTTH (ducting has been ran and fibre is currently being installed in the underground ducting)

However, when I look at the Open Eir fibre rollout map http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ I can see my exchange listed as live with speeds up to 100mb available.
    FTTH is listed as due to go live Spring/Summer this year - BUT -  the road I am on only has a partial blue line (middle section has no blue line)
    The blue line comes down the top of the road a short distance  & also comes up the bottom of the road another short distance, with the middle section having nothing.
    There are copper phone lines ran the entire length of the road so don't know why the Open Eir map only shows a partial blue line.
    Imagine the road I am on at one line in a triangle which connects back to the exchange, 2 of the lines have the blue lines and the 3rd line has the middle section with no blue line.

The road has 12 houses on it but the blue line at the top section and the bottom section only seems to pass 4 houses.
    I'd appreciate it if you could look into this or point me somewhere if you can't help.
    Thanks.

Jason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

JasonRyan wrote: »
    Hi Pamela,

can you check the possibility of FTTH for me if I was to PM you my phone number and eircode.

The exchange I am connected got a fibre feed into it about 6 weeks ago, (it was previously a radio link to another exchange for the exchanges broadband supply - 7.6mb)
    The locality is now being prepped for FTTH (ducting has been ran and fibre is currently being installed in the underground ducting)

However, when I look at the Open Eir fibre rollout map http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ I can see my exchange listed as live with speeds up to 100mb available.
    FTTH is listed as due to go live Spring/Summer this year - BUT -  the road I am on only has a partial blue line (middle section has no blue line)
    The blue line comes down the top of the road a short distance  & also comes up the bottom of the road another short distance, with the middle section having nothing.
    There are copper phone lines ran the entire length of the road so don't know why the Open Eir map only shows a partial blue line.
    Imagine the road I am on at one line in a triangle which connects back to the exchange, 2 of the lines have the blue lines and the 3rd line has the middle section with no blue line.

The road has 12 houses on it but the blue line at the top section and the bottom section only seems to pass 4 houses.
    I'd appreciate it if you could look into this or point me somewhere if you can't help.
    Thanks.

Jason.
    Hi JasonRyan,

Unfortunately, We cannot check FTTH until it is active in your area. 

In regards to the map, I wouldn't worry too much about the blue line as this is an approximate illustration of the FTTH rollout plans. 

I would be more than happy to have a look into this further on our deployment plan if you would like to let me know your area or PM me your eircode, name and account number.

Thanks,
    Pamela.

Advertisement