Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budgeting for a Season

Options
  • 15-03-2017 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Hi all, first time poster in this forum.

I'm going travelling in July, and after 5-6 months in SE Asia would like to do a season snowboarding. I'll work anywhere I can get a job to be honest, but would probably prefer Mayrhofen to catch some of Snowbombing. I'm mainly interested in bartending work as I've lots of experience and want to be able to snowboard during the day. I'll be 30 when I arrive.

When, ideally is the best time to arrive with regards to finding work and accommodation, or is it possible/likely to have work and accom boxed off before you arrive? I have a UK NI number if that helps.

Roughly, how much 'startup' money would you want to have, to cover deposit/rent, gear rental, lift pass food etc before you start earning?

Any other tips would be great too, thanks!

Advertisement