Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Armysbarmy

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any specifics on how the Sargent/super meetings go?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Anyone know the best bleep test app or download for training before the physical?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Physical passed today, absolutely buzzing! Well done to everyone who's passed ,commiserations to anyone who failed and best of luck to everyone still to do there's. Hopefully il see a good few of yous in August, pints is definitely on the cards tonight!!

Congrats lad!! Delighted for ya!

Keeper34 wrote:
    Anyone know the best bleep test app or download for training before the physical? Thanks.

Loughborough 20 metre shuttle beep test is the official one but its hard to find, I had to download the mp3 and put it on my phone.

There are apps that seem to be identical to my ears anyway. Go onto the Google Play store, search beep test and it's the one with the blue man and white background.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Anyone know the best bleep test app or download for training before the physical?
    Thanks.
    This beep test sounds the same as the one they use:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EWERrAxWYLo&feature=youtu.be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Physical passed today, absolutely buzzing! Well done to everyone who's passed ,commiserations to anyone who failed and best of luck to everyone still to do there's. Hopefully il see a good few of yous in August, pints is definitely on the cards tonight!! :D

Congrats well done, enjoy the celebrations tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R1onan

Elliot192 wrote: »
    What about your PCT?

Sorry have done medical have pct in middle of may

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

R1onan wrote: »
    Sorry have done medical have pct in middle of may

Sound positive but depends on vetting I suppose? How's training going for u? Is it long since your interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R1onan

Sound positive but depends on vetting I suppose? How's training going for u? Is it long since your interview.

Know the sergeant and vetting all done so I'm told, interview was in January

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Congrats well done, enjoy the celebrations tonight :)

Cheers Henry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Physical passed today, absolutely buzzing! Well done to everyone who's passed ,commiserations to anyone who failed and best of luck to everyone still to do there's. Hopefully il see a good few of yous in August, pints is definitely on the cards tonight!! :D
    Very well done, im sure we all hope so as well. Mean time enjoy your well earned pints

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

ugust will be great- but I don't mind November, can plan some holidays 8)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chriskav11

Hi I am just wondering has anyone done the Irish exam for to getting into Gardas I have passed my interview but am been called to do an Irish exam in two weeks so if anyone who has done exam please help

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

By any chance is anyone travelling from Donegal/Sligo to do there fitness test on Tuesday 16th of May??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭JC43

Will I have an interview with the sergeant and the super ? Is this before the medical and ohysical ? Will I have a chat with both? What do they normally ask ?

JC43 wrote: »
    Will I have an interview with the sergeant and the super ? Is this before the medical and ohysical ? Will I have a chat with both? What do they normally ask ?

Yes you'll meet both the sergeant and super. These take place after the you've passed the PAS interview and can take place at anytime before or after medical etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Chriskav11

Has anybody done the Irish exam

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the story is with carrying over pension and years service?

As in if you are coming from another public sector job, can you carry over your pensionable years service? Or do you start off the same as everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 arc2017

Hi everyone,

I passed my medical on the 29th March, interviews (Sergeant and Superintendent), etc. and I am currently waiting for a PCT date! I know a lot of you are in the same position and I am aware that some PCT dates were sent out last week, but does anyone know if more will be sent out soon for June? Really hoping to make August. I have never phoned them to see how my application is progressing, do you think I should?

Thank you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

I received word this morning that my application is now complete can anybody confirm that this means I have been signed off by the commissioner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I received word this morning that my application is now complete can anybody confirm that this means I have been signed off by the commissioner?

How did you find out

How did you find out

I emailed them.

Were they quick to get back to you? Have you completed all stages now?

arc2017 wrote: »
    Were they quick to get back to you? Have you completed all stages now?

Yeah within the hour. Yes everything done since October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Yeah within the hour. Yes everything done since October

I would take that to mean say hello to Templemore in August! But I know I'd still be chomping my finger nails til I had the invitation in my hand. Maybe some of the May deferrals can tell you when they've finished their college exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

Hi everyone,

I passed my medical on the 29th March, interviews (Sergeant and Superintendent), etc. and I am currently waiting for a PCT date! I know a lot of you are in the same position and I am aware that some PCT dates were sent out last week, but does anyone know if more will be sent out soon for June? Really hoping to make August. I have never phoned them to see how my application is progressing, do you think I should?

Thank you:)

Dates for June are already sent out, I got mine for mid just two weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

I emailed them.

I'd imagine you'll be invited to the august intake when the offers go out

Thanks for getting back to me!! So, there will be no more dates sent out then?? I might phone them.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

Thanks for getting back to me!! So, there will be no more dates sent out then?? I might phone them.

Maybe they haven't sent out dates for the end our June, but I do have a date for 13th of June.
    I done my medical a day before you in March

• Advertisement

Vitaliy wrote: »
    Maybe they haven't sent out dates for the end our June, but I do have a date for 13th of June.
    I done my medical a day before you in March

OK that is good to know!! Are you from the September 2016 campaign?

Advertisement