Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Hi guys I seen on previous posts that trainees have to buy a judo Gi. Just curious if anyone knows if judo is thought as part of the training program or is the judo Gi just worn when trainees are learning self defence and restraining techniques?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R1onan

Hi does anyone know when the start date for august is and when the orientation week starts? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

R1onan wrote:
    Hi does anyone know when the start date for august is and when the orientation week starts? Cheers

August 7th is the start date.

Orientation weeks will be the two weeks immediately before this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    August 7th is the start date.

Orientation weeks will be the two weeks immediately before this date.

We in the same waiting for vetting boat then? Still waiting to meet local Super and hoping it will happen soon. August might be a chance all going well.

mutter_man wrote:
    We in the same waiting for vetting boat then? Still waiting to meet local Super and hoping it will happen soon. August might be a chance all going well.

Waiting for physical and sergeant/super meeting myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Waiting for physical and sergeant/super meeting myself.

Physical just this month and then just waiting on the meetings.

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    No not at all last I knew it was xxx after interview not sure if its changed..

Probably best to remove your exact oom as anyone from PAS can now identify you

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Probably best to remove your exact oom as anyone from PAS can now identify you

Cheers didn't even think of that.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pip92

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Cheers didn't even think of that.:)

I'm around the same as you so fingers crossed for August 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Have everything completed since February with a very low OOM from Sept 16 campaign so really hoping for good news for August. If the intake is August 7th then the induction weeks will be either the last 2 weeks in July or the last week in July and the first week in August meaning that offers will start coming out mid to late June. What is the least amount of notice somebody has got an offer?

M

• Advertisement

mabf wrote: »
    Have everything completed since February with a very low OOM from Sept 16 campaign so really hoping for good news for August. If the intake is August 7th then the induction weeks will be either the last 2 weeks in July or the last week in July and the first week in August meaning that offers will start coming out mid to late June. What is the least amount of notice somebody has got an offer?

M

I'd say you're in a very good position for august!

Going by previous trends offers should start going out the week of 19th of June, or more likely the following week starting 26th of June.

Saw people getting 3/4 weeks notice during the second round offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭damob1995

Do you get your date for your medical by email or do they contact you with a letter in the post? And how long after the interview do you do the medical does anyone have any idea?

damob1995 wrote: »
    Do you get your date for your medical by email or do they contact you with a letter in the post? And how long after the interview do you do the medical does anyone have any idea?

They email you.. for me I heard after 4 weeks for a date for medical 4 weeks later... but it could be different for others

Pip92 wrote: »
    They email you.. for me I heard after 4 weeks for a date for medical 4 weeks later... but it could be different for others

They gave you 4 weeks notice when you got the email?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 toc_95

Passed my fitness today, hoping to get in for August

toc_95 wrote: »

Congrats!!! :D:D

damob1995 wrote: »
    They gave you 4 weeks notice when you got the email?

Just checked the be 100% and I had 3 1/2 weeks notice for my medical... but like I said it could be different for everyone 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

toc_95 wrote: »

Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 R1onan

Anyone know if there is an open day this Saturday and what time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dylanshhkyboy

Hi,
    I passed my medical last Wednesday, I'm just wondering when do you think my physical will be ? And would you say I'm more likely to be in the August intake or the November intake ?

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi,
    I passed my medical last Wednesday, I'm just wondering when do you think my physical will be ? And would you say I'm more likely to be in the August intake or the November intake ?

Thanks for the help.

Next round of physicals could be late June or early July going by dates that are issued already. After that your intake is dependent on your vetting and OOM..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Great to see a new campaign being launched for 2017. Possibly means another 800 intake for 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 dylanshhkyboy

Next round of physicals could be late June or early July going by dates that are issued already. After that your intake is dependent on your vetting and OOM..

Thank you very much, hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later

can anyone remember from their medical did they check your breathing on a peak flow meter? its blowing through a tube and they read off it?

damob1995 wrote:
    can anyone remember from their medical did they check your breathing on a peak flow meter? its blowing through a tube and they read off it?

Yes and yes

Yes and yes

do you know what the standard was? ive asthma its not bad but im just wondering what it was?

damob1995 wrote:
    do you know what the standard was? ive asthma its not bad but im just wondering what it was?

Genuinely don't know what the standard is.

You'll be asked about your asthma as part of your medical history, you may have to get a doctor's report regarding it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

what do you have to complete for the Physical Competence Test ?

siobhan08 wrote: »

Its divided into two sections, one section you have to complete a beep test depending on your age they have different levels, push ups and sit ups (sit ups are timed) again depending on age there a different amount required. The other section is an obstacle course which is timed and then straight into the push pull machine, there is a great video on YouTube that shows you what you have to do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

siobhan08 wrote: »
    This video should explain all that is required.
    Best of luck.

http://youtu.be/uXo3roYoCUw

Advertisement