Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

I've just had a look over the old May forum. Offers were still being made up to 11th April (Maybe even later and those people weren't on Boards!) Don't lose faith if you don't get an offer in the next few weeks as you might still receive one in early July so be ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wog4

The next 2 weeks are going to be awful... constantly refreshing my emails!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mason123

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Do you think they are struggling to fill the intake this time?
    I'm really not sure but did think it was very strange that on the fitness test last week there was a 50% no show which is very high. I would think it is rare to have 100% attendance on any of the stages but 50% seems exceptionally high

Can I ask how do you know only 50% turned up for the physical??

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

mason123 wrote: »
    I have a friend who was down there doing it, there were 16 due for retest on part 1 and only 8 turned up as they had a roll call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

I have a friend who was down there doing it, there were 16 due for retest on part 1 and only 8 turned up as they had a roll call

I wonder did they defer due to illness or injury? Can you defer twice if you're injured or ill or is that it you're out? Does anybody know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

I'm really not sure but did think it was very strange that on the fitness test last week there was a 50% no show which is very high. I would think it is rare to have 100% attendance on any of the stages but 50% seems exceptionally high

50% no show seems very high alright,
    I wonder how late the people withdrew from it,

Canyon86 wrote: »
    50% no show seems very high alright,
    I wonder how late the people withdrew from it,

They didn't withdraw they just didn't turn up as their names were called out on the roll call at registration which makes it even harder to understand

Elliot192 wrote: »
    I wonder did they defer due to illness or injury? Can you defer twice if you're injured or ill or is that it you're out? Does anybody know?

They didn't turn up at all and were expected there. I don't know if you can defer more than once but would be interested to know that too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

They didn't withdraw they just didn't turn up as their names were called out on the roll call at registration which makes it even harder to understand

It can sometimes be the case that a no show candidate may have asked HRM for a deferral earlier in the week leading up to the physical. With such late notice from the candidate HRM may not have had a chance to inform Templemore that these people had deferred and wouldn't be in attendance and as the rolls would have been printed in advance the absentees names would still appear. HRM arrange all appointments and Templemore would only be supplied with lists. I would be shocked if 50% were no shows. I'd be confident its a clerical thing due to late notice given of non attendance. With the amount of people that go through the physical there is bound to be issues that arise such as last minute injuries and bereavements and such things.

It can sometimes be the case that a no show candidate may have asked HRM for a deferral earlier in the week leading up to the physical. With such late notice from the candidate HRM may not have had a chance to inform Templemore that these people had deferred and wouldn't be in attendance and as the rolls would have been printed in advance the absentees names would still appear. HRM arrange all appointments and Templemore would only be supplied with lists. I would be shocked if 50% were no shows. I'd be confident its a clerical thing due to late notice given of non attendance. With the amount of people that go through the physical there is bound to be issues that arise such as last minute injuries and bereavements and such things.

Thanks for clarifying that, that makes perfect sense

• Advertisement

Thanks for clarifying that, that makes perfect sense

No bother.. How is the preparation going for your daughter? I'm sure like us all in the lead up she just wants to get it done now and have it behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Had high hopes for today looks like its going to be the end of June as discussed, such short notice though... The wait continues:(:(

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Had high hopes for today looks like its going to be the end of June as discussed, such short notice though... The wait continues:(:(

Nothing gone out of tomorrow or Thursday or Friday or ....... :):):

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

I'd hate to see your stress ball by the time this wait is over :D. I know easy to say but try to relax, your time will come and when it does you'll wonder why you spent all those hours refreshing your email. It'll be grand :)

mutter_man wrote: »
    I'd hate to see your stress ball by the time this wait is over :D. I know easy to say but try to relax, your time will come and when it does you'll wonder why you spent all those hours refreshing your email. It'll be grand :)

I'm hoping I have unsubscribed from all the spam emails that come in so hoping that when that mail pings it'll be the one I'm expecting :)

I think I have strained my finger from clicking on refresh so many times!

No bother.. How is the preparation going for your daughter? I'm sure like us all in the lead up she just wants to get it done now and have it behind her.
    It was going great until she did something to her foot the other day and spent the morning in the mater getting an xray, hopefully after a few days rest it will be ok, nothing broken anyway which is good

It was going great until she did something to her foot the other day and spent the morning in the mater getting an xray, hopefully after a few days rest it will be ok, nothing broken anyway which is good

Hopefully all will recover pretty quickly. She has the work well put in now at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

It's looking like the 1st week of august will be the second induction week. Next week is 5 weeks till the 24th the likely first induction week. I'd say people need at least 5 weeks notice.
    I am 100% sure of one thing though​, It's a long road to Tipperary :)

• Advertisement

JN94 wrote: »
    It's looking like the 1st week of august will be the second induction week. Next week is 5 weeks till the 24th the likely first induction week. I'd say people need at least 5 weeks notice.
    I am 100% sure of one thing though​, It's a long road to Tipperary :)

Thats for sure. I don't envy those back at stage 1. Little did we know all the work that was ahead last September:eek:

Hopefully all will recover pretty quickly. She has the work well put in now at this stage.
    Thanks, hope so too

Thats for sure. I don't envy those back at stage 1. Little did we know all the work that was ahead last September:eek:
    Jan 2016 campaign myself and yeah zero envy for stage 1 heads alright. Have you all done and vetting cleared ?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Sergeant interview done today. Far less 'intensive' than I anticipated. Said I should expect the superintendent interview by next week. People have it happen that quick?

Still waiting on vetting and medical.

:l

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Sergeant interview done today. Far less 'intensive' than I anticipated. Said I should expect the superintendent interview by next week. People have it happen that quick?

Still waiting on vetting and medical.

:l
    Yeah I met the super the week after sergeant. It's probably because it's close to an intake and HR want as many ready as possible. HR usually notify stations to hurry up the process close to intakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

I'd love to get the next intake. Not holding my breath with vetting and physical still outstanding....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Oh god definitely not we have come a long way...Just wish they had given offer dated from the start like so there would be none of this ****e :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Fingers crossed for today :-D :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 toc_95

Doubt any offers will be out this week, hopefully next week. I've a high oom compared to a lot of people waiting for offers. I've everything done and oom of around 340 from Sept campaign

toc_95 wrote: »
    Doubt any offers will be out this week, hopefully next week. I've a high oom compared to a lot of people waiting for offers. I've everything done and oom of around 340 from Sept campaign

Ya praying my vetting is done in time from January campaign. Still a cpl of us left. Please god well all hear something soon.

bazz1000 wrote: »
    toc_95 wrote: »

Ya praying my vetting is done in time from January campaign. Still a cpl of us left. Please god well all hear something soon.

There are lots of applicants still in the process from January 16, and a good few still from 2015.
    What's for you wont go by you!!!

• Advertisement

There are lots of applicants still in the process from January 16, and a good few still from 2015.
    What's for you wont go by you!!!

Fact!! It's only a matter of when. Stressful now but 30 yrs of fun ahead.

Anyone know what day of the week they sent out the first invites for previous intakes or was it different....

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

wog4 wrote: »
    Anyone know what day of the week they sent out the first invites for previous intakes or was it different....
    Usually a Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

Genuine question, why would you want to be a Garda?

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    Usually a Thursday or Friday.

Ah ok so could potentially hear this week still...

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Ah ok so could potentially hear this week still...

yeah there is a chance but i'd say next week or the week after that is more likely.

Last two first week offers were Friday December 16th and Tuesday March 14th so could be anyday!

Who wants to be brave and ring HQ? :)

Last two first week offers were Friday December 16th and Tuesday March 14th so could be anyday!

I vote for you, you seem fearless.... just tell them you need to give work notice.. let me know how you get on..😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

I'm honestly not trying to be smart but when people here ring HQ as I will be planning to soon hopefully just to see where my vetting is at after the physical do they ever give out about the amount of calls they are getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Butter wrote:
    I'm honestly not trying to be smart but when people here ring HQ as I will be planning to soon hopefully just to see where my vetting is at after the physical do they ever give out about the amount of calls they are getting?

I've rang a few times with regards to a few issues and they've never mentioned anything of the sort

• Advertisement

Butter wrote: »

I'm sure a lot of calls are asking the same things but whilst offer dates and individual vetting questions remain all they can do is their jobs, which simply put is to facilitate questions and answer calls. There was no section for giving out on the application form when they applied for the civil service as there wasn't on mine when I applied for my current job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

In fairness, they are quick at replying via email.

They are very good to be fair. Polite and patient with all the calls.they know well how anxious ppl are. I checked today bout the vetting. No good. Still ongoing. Foreign police stations must be very slow to get back to them with background checks.

They are very good to be fair. Polite and patient with all the calls.they know well how anxious ppl are. I checked today bout the vetting. No good. Still ongoing. Foreign police stations must be very slow to get back to them with background checks.

Hey Bazz.
    Did you live abroad or is it your family that have live abroad?

Hey Bazz.

I didn't but I have 5 family members living abroad. In Oz ny and London. So must be held up by them.

Hey Bazz.

I didn't but I have 5 family members living abroad. In Oz ny and London. So must be held up by them.

What campaign are you in?

What campaign are you in?

January 16

I guess all depends on when the vetting process starts!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

I think mine is going on at least 2 months now. Some peoples seems to be completed much quicker than others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

I think mine is going on at least 2 months now. Some peoples seems to be completed much quicker than others

Advertisement