Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

mason123 wrote: »
    I guess all depends on when the vetting process starts!!!

I think mine is going on at least 2 months now. Some peoples seems to be completed much quicker than others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

DE1991 wrote: »
    I think mine is going on at least 2 months now. Some peoples seems to be completed much quicker than others

Have you met the locals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

All very quiet here tonight:) I'm thinking word tomorrow or Friday but leaning towards tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wog4

All very quiet here tonight:) I'm thinking word tomorrow or Friday but leaning towards tomorrow!

I really hope so, tomorrow would be amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

With vetting, does the local station you meet with check your family members that live overseas or would that be another department in Dublin?

• Advertisement

wog4 wrote: »
    I really hope so, tomorrow would be amazing!

All i'll say is keep refreshing until Friday afternoon;)

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

With vetting, does the local station you meet with check your family members that live overseas or would that be another department in Dublin?
    The vetting bureau in Thurles would check them. The local station only checks up on family that are living in your local area if I am not wrong.

All i'll say is keep refreshing until Friday afternoon;)[/quote]

My work day now consists of just refreshing my email, the most unproductive person!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

wog4 wrote: »
    All i'll say is keep refreshing until Friday afternoon;)

My work day now consists of just refreshing my email, the most unproductive person![/quote]

I'd say work thinks I have bowl movement problems I be disappearing to the toilets every 5 minutes lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭Chrisbellew

Just passed my physical there on Tuesday but I've never been outside of Ireland regarding vetting and I've all my meetings done, suppose I'd be looking at November or even further rather than August??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Just passed my physical there on Tuesday but I've never been outside of Ireland regarding vetting and I've all my meetings done, suppose I'd be looking at November or even further rather than August??

If your vetting is complete then you're in a position to be offered a place in the August intake.

Give HRM a call and ask them is your vetting complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    If your vetting is complete then you're in a position to be offered a place in the August intake.

Give HRM a call and ask them is your vetting complete.

afraid to call myself incase they say the vetting is not done. met locals last december and passed medical and physical so hoping its good news

Sd82 wrote: »
    afraid to call myself incase they say the vetting is not done. met locals last december and passed medical and physical so hoping its good news

Go give them a call, will help put your mind at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mason123

Do we all believe that our vetting process starts when you meet your local super????...
    Or not until after you have completed your medical, physical etc....

Do we all believe that our vetting process starts when you meet your local super????...

Funnily enough I've asked this question to HRM last week as well as during my sergeant/super meetings.

HRM told me that ''The sergeant/super meetings can be anytime during the vetting process''

The super told me that ''The Vetting checks on your other relatives (those outside of ireland) will have started before this meeting''

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Funnily enough I've asked this question to HRM last week as well as during my sergeant/super meetings.

HRM told me that ''The sergeant/super meetings can be anytime during the vetting process''

The super told me that ''The Vetting checks on your other relatives (those outside of ireland) will have started before this meeting''

Ladies and gents I've tumbled to something. HRM know somewhere between little and nothing about vetting. They are very nice and good at their job but their ordinary level civil service. To have access to vetting and conduct it you need a fairly tight level of security clearance. The higher grade the checks you do the higher your own clearance has to be. They just know they need x number of forms back with each persons name on them with the yes box ticked. I would guess that's why they dance 10 foot rings around questions because they are only slightly less in the dark than you or me. The vetting unit does the actual nitty gritty and hrm get told yes or no. If that's not the case i would be shocked, id drink or of my sweaty training shoe! Guess work but half baked educated :D

vetting still ongoing :( wont be expecting August now as i have one Aunt living abroad

vetting still ongoing :( wont be expecting August now as i have one Aunt living abroad

What campaign are you in??

Jan 2016

I've never lived abroad but have several aunts/uncles living in NI so not really holding out on my own vetting being done for a wile yet either

• Advertisement

Jan 2016

I wouldint write your chances off yet... how long ago did you do you physical?

I've never lived abroad but have several aunts/uncles living in NI so not really holding out on my own vetting being done for a wile yet either
    Have you been in touch to see if your vetting is complete?

BobbyDaisy wrote: »

what happens if your sister in law has since moved back to ireland from the UK. i presume if you listed the UK address it needs to stay as that

Yeah I rang last week and it was still ongoing, gonna ring them every 2 weeks from now on.

Really need it to be complete by november ha!

Yeah I rang last week and it was still ongoing, gonna ring them every 2 weeks from now on.

Really need it to be complete by november ha!
    Fingers crossed for you anyway. You have your physical next week right? Are you all set for it?

Fingers crossed for you anyway. You have your physical next week right? Are you all set for it?

Physicals not till the first week of july so a little wile longer. I'd be relatively athletic and I've upped my training so I'm not worried too much.

Just worried that vetting may hold me back beyond November :(

Lads offers might not be out for a couple of weeks yet... plenty of time to get your vetting cleared.
    Were baseing our assumptions that offers will be out this week or next on previous intakes which seem logical. But from experience a logical time line dose not come into the equation from an operational point of view... "all is subject to change"

Physicals not till the first week of july so a little wile longer. I'd be relatively athletic and I've upped my training so I'm not worried too much.

Just worried that vetting may hold me back beyond November :(
    I did my physical back in October and was held up for three intakes due to vetting. There's really nothing you can do if you do get held up, it's obviously very frustrating but just try keep the faith as your time will eventually come!

I did my physical back in October and was held up for three intakes due to vetting. There's really nothing you can do if you do get held up, it's obviously very frustrating but just try keep the faith as your time will eventually come!

Was your vetting delayed for any specific reason, i.e. Relatives abroad or having lived abroad yourself?

• Advertisement

Lads offers might not be out for a couple of weeks yet... plenty of time to get your vetting cleared.
    Were baseing our assumptions that offers will be out this week or next on previous intakes which seem logical. But from experience a logical time line dose not come into the equation from an operational point of view... "all is subject to change"
    Yeah I doubt they will be out this week. I'd say either next Friday or the Friday after that is more likely.

I wouldint write your chances off yet... how long ago did you do you physical?

I completed the physical back in May but was hoping vetting was started around the time of meeting the super in December

Was your vetting delayed for any specific reason, i.e. Relatives abroad or having lived abroad yourself?
    Yeah specific reason, I was called back in by my local inspector earlier this year to discuss it. Nothing to with anyone living abroad is all I should say

Yeah specific reason, I was called back in by my local inspector earlier this year to discuss it. Nothing to with anyone living abroad is all I should say

I don't think my vetting is going to well (can't say much), that's the reason I think mine is getting held up. Really is a pitty, most people don't fail this stage, but when you do or are having doubts like me, I just wish it was done at interview stage all that could be done, it would have saved me alot of expense.

TallGlass wrote: »
    I don't think my vetting is going to well (can't say much), that's the reason I think mine is getting held up. Really is a pitty, most people don't fail this stage, but when you do or are having doubts like me, I just wish it was done at interview stage all that could be done, it would have saved me alot of expense.

I'm sorry to hear that! fingers crossed it gets resolved and you get the all clear. I know how you feel I was in a similar position with my vetting, it was really touch or go whether it was going to be cleared even my local inspector wasn't sure what way it would go but thankfully its cleared now and I'm expecting an offer in the next week or two.

I'm sorry to hear that! fingers crossed it gets resolved and you get the all clear. I know how you feel I was in a similar position with my vetting, it was really touch or go whether it was going to be cleared even my local inspector wasn't sure what way it would go but thankfully its cleared now and I'm expecting an offer in the next week or two.

At what stage does the vetting be in doubt if you get me? As in, is it before it gets sent for final checks etc?

• Advertisement

At what stage does the vetting be in doubt if you get me? As in, is it before it gets sent for final checks etc?

Have you ever came out of an interview and just got a bad vibe from it? It's a similar feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sherlock Holmes II

Rang up yesterday..one part of vetting still not cleared. From September 16 with low oom. Only have one sibling in the uk. Did physical in February met serg and super around same time. Hopefully offers not out for a week or so and my vetting can get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

My daughters vetting was complete before she met seargeant and super, the sergeant told her at their meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

I was informed that vetting starts after you pass your first interview in Dublin.

I'm Jan 2016 applicant , completed physical in August , met Sergeant in October and still waiting. Told last time I contacted HRM it was waiting to be signed off...

Anyone else in similar position?

I was informed that vetting starts after you pass your first interview in Dublin.

I'm Jan 2016 applicant , completed physical in August , met Sergeant in October and still waiting. Told last time I contacted HRM it was waiting to be signed off...

Anyone else in similar position?
    How long ago was that? I'd say you're more thank likely getting an offer once the commissioner has signed off on It.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

How long ago was that? I'd say you're more thank likely getting an offer once the commissioner has signed off on It.

I'd say its been two weeks since I last contacted HRM . I'm really hoping I've been waiting a long time. Patience is wearing thin :(

I'd say its been two weeks since I last contacted HRM . I'm really hoping I've been waiting a long time. Patience is wearing thin :(
    I'd say your file was one in a bunch that was to be signed off by the commissioner for this intake. I'd say you're good to go for an offer over the next couple of weeks.

Lads don't be holding out hopes for the offer date being too much later. I won't elaborate because it's a case of Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi but I can say with good confidence it won't run any later than Wednesday next week but possibly before.

Can safely say work has become non existent at this stage, these last few days have been horrific....

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Lads don't be holding out hopes for the offer date being too much later. I won't elaborate because it's a case of Dúirt bean liom go ndúirt bean léi but I can say with good confidence it won't run any later than Wednesday next week but possibly before.

Can stop refreshing the emails for this week so you reckon..

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Can stop refreshing the emails for this week so you reckon..

No I still think it's today or tomorrow but based on above i can't see how it'll go much into next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

No I still think it's today or tomorrow but based on above i can't see how it'll go much into next week.

Hopefully today

daveoc43 wrote: »

Hopefully today

I am really losing hope for today....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

Tomorrow is another day I'd say to trim the nails even more

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Tomorrow is another day I'd say to trim the nails even more
    Every day feels like a week haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement