Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

I was speaking to HRM a few weeks ago and the lady on the phone said offers won't be sent out until very late June.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

mabf wrote: »
    I was speaking to HRM a few weeks ago and the lady on the phone said offers won't be sent out until very late June.

M

This is what I've been told as well. Last week of June and first week in July.

Have my fitness next Saturday but I've yet to meet the local station yet.

Vetting was still ongoing as of last week but I've a high enough OOM from the Sept 2016 campaign.

Hoping to just squeeze in the August intake due to maybe dropouts or deferrals.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

mabf wrote: »

M
    Could mean either the last Thursday or Friday of the month which is the 29th or 30th so could be another two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

killer91 wrote: »

Vetting was still ongoing as of last week but I've a high enough OOM from the Sept 2016 campaign.

Lads, seriously! Do you really think that they would invite and expect 100 people down to the first induction week with only three weeks notice and expect that the majority of them could accept the offers? They know full well the requirements of people who have to give notice and make arrangements. I can only assume that they were being conservative with late June. There's no precedent whatsoever for such short notice and as I was saying earlier today it's my informed belief that the offers are imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭killer91

Lads, seriously! Do you really think that they would invite and expect 100 people down to the first induction week with only three weeks notice and expect that the majority of them could accept the offers? They know full well the requirements of people who have to give notice and make arrangements. I can only assume that they were being conservative with late June. There's no precedent whatsoever for such short notice and as I was saying earlier today it's my informed belief that the offers are imminent.

Just passing on what I was told.

Also the official start date is the 8th of August so that would give people a months notice at least.

From the last couple of intakes some people have been only getting a week or two notice for the second induction week.

I still think next Thursday or Friday will be when the first round of offers will be out. Basing that on previous intakes timelines.

Just passing on what I was told.

Also the official start date is the 8th of August so that would give people a months notice at least.

From the last couple of intakes some people have been only getting a week or two notice for the second induction week.

I appreciate that but the start date that the previous five and six week notice periods were based on is the induction week which in this intake is July 24th. So getting an offer at the end of June would only allow 3 weeks notice. Unlikely in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

I appreciate that but the start date that the previous five and six week notice periods were based on is the induction week which in this intake is July 24th. So getting an offer at the end of June would only allow 3 weeks notice. Unlikely in my humble opinion.

You also have to factor in the the induction weeks too which the norm is 4 weeks notice. So I'm thinking offers be out by next week

• Registered Users Posts: 18 wog4

Well all, lets hope we get a nice surprise for the weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

I've pretty much given up all hope of making the august intake. Still to meet the Sergeant and Superintendent and i have a large extended family(close to 60 names on the form b) so i doubt my vetting will be complete in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Pip92

wog4 wrote: »
    Well all, lets hope we get a nice surprise for the weekend!

Fingers crossed

I've pretty much given up all hope of making the august intake. Still to meet the Sergeant and Superintendent and i have a large extended family(close to 60 names on the form b) so i doubt my vetting will be complete in time.

Especially when there all Russian too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

60 is crazy, I just dont understand.

you're only supposed to put down your parents (2), grandparents (4), your parents siblings (your aunts and uncles) and your own siblings.

how did you manage to get 60?

Step parent/siblings or something to that effect?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    60 is crazy, I just dont understand.

you're only supposed to put down your parents (2), grandparents (4), your parents siblings (your aunts and uncles) and your own siblings.

how did you manage to get 60?

Step parent/siblings or something to that effect?

I'm married and my wife has a large family

I'm living with my misses cpl years so I had to put her family down too. 7 sisters and about 15 aunts uncles plus my own crowd. I've no hope of this intake.

• Advertisement

bazz1000 wrote: »
    I'm living with my misses cpl years so I had to put her family down too. 7 sisters and about 15 aunts uncles plus my own crowd. I've no hope of this intake.

Sweet jesus thank god I'm not married yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Short answer yes, its entirely possible. I've seen it done before for public service jobs both here and with our nearest neighbours. I would say the speculation for when offers are starting is pointless. Its no fun the waiting bit just hold it together folks

• Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

I'm with my partner for a few years now and had to put down all her family too. Asked the sergeant would that hold things up for me as her entire family lives abroad amd he said they just contact the local police in those areas and that it doesn't take long generally. I'm from September 16 campaign and vetting is complete so hopefully you guys won't have much longer to wait!

js2017 wrote: »
    I'm with my partner for a few years now and had to put down all her family too. Asked the sergeant would that hold things up for me as her entire family lives abroad amd he said they just contact the local police in those areas and that it doesn't take long generally. I'm from September 16 campaign and vetting is complete so hopefully you guys won't have much longer to wait!

Good to know!
    Approx when did you have your sergeant/super meetings?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 G.O.T.

Has anyone got any update on offers yet ?, what rumours have people heard about offers ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

js2017 wrote: »

ive two people living abroad and still waiting on vetting and met the super back in december so dont know what the hold up is

G.O.T. wrote: »
    Has anyone got any update on offers yet ?, what rumours have people heard about offers ?

Read back the last few pages its all there in all its glory. What stage are you at? What campaign? New into the midst of our madness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 G.O.T.

mutter_man wrote: »
    Read back the last few pages its all there in all its glory. What stage are you at? What campaign? New into the midst of our madness :D
    I'm September 16 campaign and new to boards with everything complete I think, I have been keeping a close eye on this thread and especially the last few pages as you said in all its glory !.
    I was hoping to hear from people here in boards who may not have posted yet regarding any updates/rumours that they might have about offers coming out. We are all waiting anxiously !

G.O.T. wrote: »
    mutter_man wrote: »
    I'm September 16 campaign and new to boards with everything complete I think, I have been keeping a close eye on this thread and especially the last few pages as you said in all its glory !.
    I was hoping to hear from people here in boards who may not have posted yet regarding any updates/rumours that they might have about offers coming out. We are all waiting anxiously !

Very true that, everyone pulling hair and fingernails all around. If there are they have kept fairly quiet. Try relax you'll be fine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mason123

And spare a thought for the guys who's heart skips a beat everythime they get an email.... just to see it a notification from boards!!! :)

mason123 wrote: »
    And spare a thought for the guys who's heart skips a beat everythime they get an email.... just to see it a notification from boards!!! :)

Haha that is literally me right now its terrible!!

Offers are out, I'm in

Check your emails 😆

After a long wait I got an offer.. congrats to whoever got in and to anyone still waiting keep the faith guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 toc_95

What was your oom and what campaign? I'm September oom 340 or so, didn't hear anything

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well, that's me out for August not a hope, hopefully for November now. I'll have to start going to Sunday mass.

I'll let someone start the thread for the November intake.

Best of luck to all that got offers. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Got an offer over the moon����������

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Mr.cool212

Anyone who got an offer willing to say their approx oom I.e 200's 300's. Trying to gauge where ones at

Mr.cool212 wrote: »
    Anyone who got an offer willing to say their approx oom I.e 200's 300's. Trying to gauge where ones at

I'm Jan 16 and oom early 800's

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

Congratulations lads 😠I just rang HRM vetting still hasn't been signed :( raging :(

Congrats all who got offers. For rest of us keep the heads up. Only another 3 months of pulling the hair out.

Congratulations lads 😠I just rang HRM vetting still hasn't been signed :( raging :(

Same. Rang aswel. Parts still outstanding. Very disappointing alright. Prayers for November

• Registered Users Posts: 35 daveoc43

Nothing here either and have everything complete since Jan. January 16 campaign. Raging

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

At least its something to be told no, rather than just in limbo. Hopefully, Nov. Whats after Nov anyone know?

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    At least its something to be told no, rather than just in limbo. Hopefully, Nov. Whats after Nov anyone know?

February. But how the vetting takes so long I can't figure out. Extremely disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bbb11

So is that all the offers they will send of for this class? I'm from Sept 16 all done oom below 50

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

bazz1000 wrote: »
    February. But how the vetting takes so long I can't figure out. Extremely disappointed.

I feel the same. I was told in March my vetting had gone to be signed off and I would hear from HRM in a couple of days... Still being told its waiting to be signed since. Been a year and 6 months since this began, and I'm fairly annoyed now to say the least. OOM of late 300s Jan 2016.

Still another hundred offers out next week keep the faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

Anyone defer their place in May and still waiting on an offer for august?

Well done to all who got an offer. Enjoy the celebrations.

At least I was right about the offers coming out:) It's about all I was right about:( Can anyone tell me if any of the September campaign made it in this round of offers. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Huge congrats to all who got offers, delighted for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

congratulations to everyone. it's worth the wait in the end. don't forget to have a pint tonight.

daveoc43 wrote: »
    Nothing here either and have everything complete since Jan. January 16 campaign. Raging

Second round offers will be out soon, keep the faith

TallGlass wrote: »
    Well, that's me out for August not a hope, hopefully for November now. I'll have to start going to Sunday mass.

I'll let someone start the thread for the November intake.

Best of luck to all that got offers. Congrats.

Keep the faith for second round offers, everything crossed for you, you really deserve to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭blueforce89

Congratulations to all who got offers. I'm sure there will be more over the coming weeks. When is the first induction date scheduled?

• Advertisement
Advertisement