Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus.

That's painful.

I know and to make things worse I done my physical in august and I was speaking to one of the instructors he said we'll see you in November intake , so its been disappointment again and again

I hope it gets sorted soon. I know that feeling only too well and wouldn't wish it on anyone. Just hoping I don't have a repeat of it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheBigFella_2

GazDublinC wrote: »
    You need to sign into your public jobs account. Go to your messages and itll be in the message with your interview result

Thanks.. what sort of OOM from January 2016 has got offers does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 mason123

You need to sign into your public jobs account. Go to your messages and itll be in the message with your interview result

I was 300s

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheBigFella_2

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

What day last week did the 1st round offers come out?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

mabf wrote: »
    What day last week did the 1st round offers come out?

M
    Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Cheers
    I'll give them a call

How did u get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭ALTHEPAL

How's things?
    I done medical the end April,
    About 3 months I had to do that Irish assessment, have my pct on Tuesday and just to let the super and in done then
    So bit of luck everything goes well
    What stage u at

So after your Irish exam you got a medical pretty soon yeah ? Oh really good luck with it , I passed the Irish exam this week so I'm waiting for a medical now !

Wonder if tomorrow might bring some news?!! :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

The later the better to hopefully give me a chnace of having my file signed off ha

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bbb11

Don't get our hopes up it's been a long week 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

Good luck to anyone hoping to get an offer over the next couple of days

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adam kearney

ALTHEPAL wrote: »
    So after your Irish exam you got a medical pretty soon yeah ? Oh really good luck with it , I passed the Irish exam this week so I'm waiting for a medical now !

Ye about 3 weeks I think, alri fair play, seemed to be a lot failing that Irish,
    I'd say u will have ur medical start of August,
    Have u met the sergeant yet ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 GH9989

Anyones vetting get signed off?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Sd82

GH9989 wrote: »

Still some small bits to do as of yesterday. Bloody started in December

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

Rang Monday still wasn't signed ... U any luck?

Rang on tuesday and it was waiting to be signed. Havent rang yet today. How about you?

DE1991 wrote: »
    Rang on tuesday and it was waiting to be signed. Havent rang yet today. How about you?

No haven't rang today are u ringing today

No haven't rang today are u ringing today

I might even though they are probably sick of it now but if it hasnt been signed off by now at least we can put the minds at rest that we wont be getting August?

DE1991 wrote: »
    I might even though they are probably sick of it now but if it hasnt been signed off by now at least we can put the minds at rest that we wont be getting August?

Do let me know how it goes, I've given up 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodagh2016

Just wondering did anybody get an offer today?
    Rang yesterday and was told offers should be out by the end if the week.
    I'm from Sept 16 oom really early 20's abd feel like im going to bust if I don't hear soon 😂

I'm from Sept 16 oom really early 20's abd feel like im going to bust if I don't hear soon 😂

Did they tell you your file was complete?

Yes they said getting was finished and everything had been checked so next step for me was an offer

Yes they said getting was finished and everything had been checked so next step for me was an offer

Happy days! I'm the same from Sept16 with an OOM between 1-10. Hopefully we'll both get there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hopefully yous will all get good news tomorrow.
    Be a big relief for yiz coming into the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hopefully yous will all get good news tomorrow.
    Be a big relief for yiz coming into the weekend.
    Hopefully lad, but whatever happens happens. When's your Pct?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hopefully lad, but whatever happens happens. When's your Pct?

Sill another 2 weeks away so I don't really have a chance of getting a very late deferral offer ha

Not wanting to put a downer on things but they will exhaust all available candidates from the older campaigns before calling on the most recent... there are still people getting called up from 2015!! There is a lot of "Hurry up and wait" involved....

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Best of luck for tomorrow

Henry2006 wrote: »
    Best of luck for tomorrow

Thank you

• Advertisement

Happy days! I'm the same from Sept16 with an OOM between 1-10. Hopefully we'll both get there!

Fingers and toes crossed for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Superintendent meeting on Monday morning. Any heads up? Sergeant was far more casual than I expected. More of the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bbb11

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Superintendent meeting on Monday morning. Any heads up? Sergeant was far more casual than I expected. More of the same?

Well I got roasted by the sgt and was only in with the inspector 5 mins! Just be neatly dressed really, suppose it's different for everyone depending on the sgt or inspector/superintendent.

He will run through your form B and then a quick chat about yourself... your skills, your experiences and how they apply to the guards. Just be yourself, dress smart casual or office wear

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Thanking you.

Bbb11 wrote: »
    Well I got roasted by the sgt and was only in with the inspector 5 mins! Just be neatly dressed really, suppose it's different for everyone depending on the sgt or inspector/superintendent.

Haha, funny that you got a roasting to be fair. :) Probably wasn't all that funny when you're sitting there. Agree, suit up and dress for the job you want and not the one you have. No one ever got penalised for being dressed up. Also know your form B inside out and be willing to chat about the different entries on it, charity work etc..

Best of luck

And own it... be confident!!

On the nightshift tonight so hoping to wake up tomorrow afternoon with some good news!!

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Expect the unexpected and just be yourself. Try to be natural as you can. You'll do find and hopefully it's an easy chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

on my super interview i quickly googled his name- so when he was shaking hands with me saying my name I replied like wise. :D

my super meeting was more in depth than the serg- he will ask you near the end if you have any questions for him: so probably have a question ready that you might want to ask.

all in all- it's not difficult at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

Anyone receive an offer yet today??

Not yet mate

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

Not yet mate
    The suspense is killing me!

saz1995 wrote: »
    Not yet mate
    The suspense is killing me!

Me too 😩

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

Nope, nor am i expecting one for myself either..more hope rather than anything else 😧

Nope, nor am i expecting one for myself either..more hope rather than anything else 😧
    Why not bud?

Why not bud?

My vetting was still outstanding last time I checked which was 2 days ago so I haven't a chance 😧

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

My vetting was still outstanding last time I checked which was 2 days ago so I haven't a chance 😧

Exact same as myself. Disappointing alright. Another nerve wrecking 3 months of this.

bazz1000 wrote: »
    Exact same as myself. Disappointing alright. Another nerve wrecking 3 months of this.

I'm from the January 16 campaign also so it's a huge disappointment alright

• Advertisement
Advertisement