Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

Exactly!!! What stage are you at?

September 2016 campaign with pct done in February and vetting complete since April. Not been waiting all that long really I suppose but not knowing whats going on and trying to make arrangements for being in Templemore away from a young family makes it seem like it's taking an age!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

Just contacted HRM ,my file is still not signed off. The woman told me they haven't decided if offers will be out this week or not. And that I definitely won't make this intake if my files waiting to be signed. So for anyone who's files are waiting to be signed won't make this intake basically. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Just contacted HRM ,my file is still not signed off. The woman told me they haven't decided if offers will be out this week or not. And that I definitely won't make this intake if my files waiting to be signed. So for anyone who's files are waiting to be signed won't make this intake basically. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

That's an aweful balls!

I understand that Noreen O'Sullivan is currently very busy with regards to the Templemore banking irregularities etc. and was answering questions last week

Speculation on my part but I wonder is that the issue with those awaiting final sign off

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

My file wasnt signed on thursday last week and i just rang there and its signed and complete so ya never know it still might happen for yee. Oom of around 100 so fingers crossed now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

DE1991 wrote: »
    My file wasnt signed on thursday last week and i just rang there and its signed and complete so ya never know it still might happen for yee. Oom of around 100 so fingers crossed now

Well done. Did you ask if you might get an offer?

• Advertisement

Well done. Did you ask if you might get an offer?

Nah i didnt ask i doubt she would tell ya and plus if she gave me hope and then i didnt get it id be sickened ha.
    She just said it all depends on your oom now and that the offers should be out at some stage this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Nah i didnt ask i doubt she would tell ya and plus if she gave me hope and then i didnt get it id be sickened ha.
    She just said it all depends on your oom now and that the offers should be out at some stage this week

Just goes to show HRM can tell one person one thing and another a completely different thing.

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Just goes to show HRM can tell one person one thing and another a completely different thing.

Sure this is it. It'd drive ya mad thinking about it. Getting tight now for handing in notices etc too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodagh2016

Hello all!

I'm from the September 16 campaign with my file complete. Many of ye in the same boat?

Out of curiously,are there any reserve members waiting to get called?

Thanks! :D

I'm in the same boat with a low 20s oom... still waiting
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

With HRM I think it depends who you get. If you get someone not too long at it they are less sure of themselves and exactly what they can and can't answer. Hence why some of us very on the phone and the person on other end dances an undignified 10 foot ring around every question. Other times you get the one that's been there 30 odd years and you get much better help. I've always found HRM to be as helpful as that think their allowed to be once your nice to them. The vetting crap is out of they're hands. Chins up everyone we'll get there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

mutter_man wrote: »
    With HRM I think it depends who you get. If you get someone not too long at it they are less sure of themselves and exactly what they can and can't answer. Hence why some of us very on the phone and the person on other end dances an undignified 10 foot ring around every question. Other times you get the one that's been there 30 odd years and you get much better help. I've always found HRM to be as helpful as that think their allowed to be once your nice to them. The vetting crap is out of they're hands. Chins up everyone we'll get there.

Yep, definitely some more helpful than others. Anytime I've been on always got a helpful person who gave good info and was happy to do so, the luck of the draw who gets to answer the call

Anyone have any idea how far down the oom they went for May and first round of August? Tryna figure out if im in with a shout now that im signed off as of friday/today. OOM around 100 from sept 16

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bbb11

Anyone have any idea how far down the oom they went for May and first round of August? Tryna figure out if im in with a shout now that im signed off as of friday/today. OOM around 100 from sept 16

Well I'm in around 30 from Sept and still waiting think there was very few from Sept to get may! Or get a first round for August seemed to be filled previous campaign's

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Gerrard2121

Hi All, I passed my medical back in January and had my vetting cleared/met the superintendent back at the start of February but I'm still waiting on a date for my fitness test. Is anyone else in the same boat I feel like I've been waiting nearly too long haha

Hi All, I passed my medical back in January and had my vetting cleared/met the superintendent back at the start of February but I'm still waiting on a date for my fitness test. Is anyone else in the same boat I feel like I've been waiting nearly too long haha

Does seem a bit long to be fair, have you contacted them about it ?

Bbb11 wrote: »
    Well I'm in around 30 from Sept and still waiting think there was very few from Sept to get may! Or get a first round for August seemed to be filled previous campaign's

Yea id love to know if everyone with a lower oom than me is all signed off and ready for an offer or if many have already got offers from first round. Are you signed off long?

Yea id love to know if everyone with a lower oom than me is all signed off and ready for an offer or if many have already got offers from first round. Are you signed off long?

Signed off from around start of may, I'd say there's still a lot with outstanding vetting which seems to be the killer!

Yeah I have they said there's people been waiting on a date for even longer than me and my names still there but I haven't heard of anyone waiting this long.. it's getting fairly frustrating at this stage

Yeah I have they said there's people been waiting on a date for even longer than me and my names still there but I haven't heard of anyone waiting this long.. it's getting fairly frustrating at this stage

I imagine so particularly that you had moved thru the other stages very quickly, I'm not sure how the pull the names for the pct but seems like its not that well organised, well your proof it isn't!

When you say vetting cleared do you mean that you have met both SGT/Super or have they specifically told you that it's cleared? Reason I ask is that maybe vetting is held up by someone not coming back to them with the info and that could be holding up the PCT?

• Advertisement

I'm in the 20 to 40 bracket with all signed off and hoping for round 2 but I think as was said not many if any have gone in in May let alone round 1. I also fear there may still be many from older campaigns still to go in and although we are signed off we still may not make August. It's a hard wait but at least we will know soon.

Signed off from around start of may, I'd say there's still a lot with outstanding vetting which seems to be the killer!

Yea its such a pain waiting for it to be signed. Jesus ill be so happy if i get august now just to get it started and be out in time for next summer

When you say vetting cleared do you mean that you have met both SGT/Super or have they specifically told you that it's cleared? Reason I ask is that maybe vetting is held up by someone not coming back to them with the info and that could be holding up the PCT?

Yeah they told me it's all cleared and everything. The last time I rang HRM about a month and a half ago the women I was speaking too told me that they're fully booked until mid July but I should here something soon.. she was nice on the phone though and told me that there's people been waiting longer than me so not to worry ha..it's hard to make plans when your waiting around like this though

Yeah they told me it's all cleared and everything. The last time I rang HRM about a month and a half ago the women I was speaking too told me that they're fully booked until mid July but I should here something soon.. she was nice on the phone though and told me that there's people been waiting longer than me so not to worry ha..it's hard to make plans when your waiting around like this though

Absolutely it is especially when u sailed through the rest of it. I presume if u did medical in January u have low OOM. I did mine in January but was deferred but alll done now tg.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Ring again and ask for a cancellation, I know someone who was given a date at end of July and they asked if there was a cancellation list and right in the spot they checked and got a date for the following Tuesday so def worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

I'm from Sept 16 campaign and got offered a place in May first round, but deferred it because of college exams. My OOM was low 100's. Not feeling very hopeful for these second round offers seeing as people with OOM's as low as 20 from Sept 16 haven't been offered a place yet.

saz1995 wrote: »
    I'm from Sept 16 campaign and got offered a place in May first round, but deferred it because of college exams. My OOM was low 100's. Not feeling very hopeful for these second round offers seeing as people with OOM's as low as 20 from Sept 16 haven't been offered a place yet.

Im same low 100 oom but only got signed off either froday or Monday. I think there's a lot of people still not signed off, and hopefully most of the older campaign people were used in feb and may, thats our only hope id say

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bmwgirl142

I'm new to posting here but long time reader😂 My oom is <10 everything complete sinse may still no offer just to let people know where they might be with the second round offers 🀦ðŸ½*♀️

• Advertisement

Bmwgirl142 wrote: »
    I'm new to posting here but long time reader😂 My oom is <10 everything complete sinse may still no offer just to let people know where they might be with the second round offers 🀦ðŸ½*♀️

Thats weird i think i seen people with an oom further down the list get the first round offer so i dont know how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

This has been the longest 5 days ever since Friday when we all thought the offers would be out. Has anybody been on to HRM that might have been given any indication of when the offers might be out this week?

M

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

mabf wrote: »
    This has been the longest 5 days ever since Friday when we all thought the offers would be out. Has anybody been on to HRM that might have been given any indication of when the offers might be out this week?

M
    I rang this morning. Lady on the phone said 'some stage this week'....

M
    I rang this morning. Lady on the phone said 'some stage this week'....

Looks like a couple of days waiting so! Probably gonna be Thursday or Friday then I'd imagine!

M

I just rang hrm and got told absolutley nothing. My boss is heading away on a 2 week holiday and has no idea I'm after getting accepted so I'm really up in a heap. It's not looking good for August for myself judging by the guy on the phone.

I just rang hrm and got told absolutley nothing. My boss is heading away on a 2 week holiday and has no idea I'm after getting accepted so I'm really up in a heap. It's not looking good for August for myself judging by the guy on the phone.

What did he say?

• Advertisement

What did he say?

I explained the situation and said I know your probably being hounded but I really need to know should I even inform her and he put me on hold and then came back to me and said I'm just going to have to wait and I will get a months notice. So him telling me months notice is kinda freaking me out. I feel like I'm going crazy lol

I explained the situation and said I know your probably being hounded but I really need to know should I even inform her and he put me on hold and then came back to me and said I'm just going to have to wait and I will get a months notice. So him telling me months notice is kinda freaking me out. I feel like I'm going crazy lol

Seems ok and you're signed off so can't be bad:) months notice is this weekend!!!

Another day down, I'm ready to cry at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

Looks like a couple of days waiting so! Probably gonna be Thursday or Friday then I'd imagine!

M
    A lady in HR told me last Monday that it would be "the end of the week" and they weren't so I'm not too sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

I know how we all feel I'm the same bit really try not to drive yourselves nuts. It will happen and as most of you no doubt know now, some hrm staff are great and others would dance an undignified 10 foot ring around questions relating to the weather never mind anything important. I by no means want to tell anyone what to do, but do try not to make this any harder on yourselves than it already is.

Id suggest if possible stick to grade A info only, avoid "hear a lie, tell a lie" level rumour. From here on until I have or hear solid info, I'm out :)

Mutter Nutter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 mtonly

Hi all :) long time reader, first time poster. From the Jan 16 campaign with oom just outside 1000's. Congrats to all those who received offers for the August intake, I'm glad to say I will be joining ye :)

I received an offer for the May intake but had to defer the same due to injury. I called HRM last week (would normally call ever 2weeks) to see if my file had been signed off. Thankfully it was and the girl offered me a place there and then over the phone. For those waiting on news all I can say is it's worth keeping the fire lit under them by calling the office. Best of luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

mtonly wrote: »
    Hi all :) long time reader, first time poster. From the Jan 16 campaign with oom just outside 1000's. Congrats to all those who received offers for the August intake, I'm glad to say I will be joining ye :)

I received an offer for the May intake but had to defer the same due to injury. I called HRM last week (would normally call ever 2weeks) to see if my file had been signed off. Thankfully it was and the girl offered me a place there and then over the phone. For those waiting on news all I can say is it's worth keeping the fire lit under them by calling the office. Best of luck all

Congrats you must be thrilled never heard of an offer over the phone must have been a huge relief!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mtonly

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Congrats you must be thrilled never heard of an offer over the phone must have been a huge relief!!

Yeah huge relief I must say, can't wait to get going now. She said to me that someone had just requested a deferral and offered me their place and sent me the email within 2mins of getting off the phone with her. If I had not of called I would still be waiting

Who reckons today is the day?? :)

Who reckons today is the day?? :)

I've reckoned everyday since Friday was the day!😂😂

I think we will be left to sweat till friday, but hope to god its today!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Butter

Do HRM usually respond to emails regarding what stage your application is at ? E.g is it signed off yet.

Butter wrote: »
    Do HRM usually respond to emails regarding what stage your application is at ? E.g is it signed off yet.

Generally yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrr88

This waiting to know is a killer looks like it's not today anyway

Check them emails folks. A great day :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement