Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bbb11

Check your emails

Check them emails folks. A great day :)

Great news delighted can't wait to start

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

I'm in, wasn't expecting an offer at all. Vetting was still ongoing at the end of last week. Delighted is an understantment.

Congratulations to all that got offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭stiimpreza1984

Well done to everyone who got offers delighted. Great news. Drinks tonight no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Check them emails folks. A great day :)
    Got an offer. So so happy, it's a long wait! Thank god! Well done guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cohaw

What's the order of merit like? Nothing for me. Late 200

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JN94

I'm absolutely delighted i'm in :):) Jan 2016 Campaign with an oom in the 1000s to give people an idea.
    It's a Long road to Tipperary but well worth the wait. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crombiiiie991

Refreshing my emails like mad here...looks like nothing for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yellowmug

Of the people who got offers are any of ye from the September 2016 campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Yellowmug wrote: »

Hi, yes from September. Seems to be in or around the 100 OOM mark give or take.

Yep I'm Sept and I see another few names there I know from Sept!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Blahtoblah

Yes September 2016, OOM in the late 100's

Cool. I'm in the early 400's but only completed the whole process last Saturday so probably looking at November at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kerrr88

Got in lads delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

I'm from September 16 my OOM was low very 100's and I got an offer.
    Well done to everyone who got offers! 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Still waiting now since Nov 2015. It's totally unfair on us to be expected just to sit tight like this and wait. We need to be given priority at this stage to move us along.

How many to they take per intake does anyone know or does it vary?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

TallGlass wrote: »
    Still waiting now since Nov 2015. It's totally unfair on us to be expected just to sit tight like this and wait. We need to be given priority at this stage to move us along.

Completely agree Jan 2016 - and OOM of 390-410. People from sept 16 going ahead very unfair. Do u know where your file is at? Mines with the commisioner with about 12 weeks now, even longer

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭mutter_man

Well done folks, breath a good sigh of relief. The waiting continues

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

There is a whatsapp group with a few of us who got offers a couple of weeks ago for August, PM me if you want to be added in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

It's not right. You should send an email expressing your concerns on it.might be a few deferrals by Friday. Never know. I'm from Jan campaign myself and my vetting is still ongoing.

Yeah im sorry to hear the people have been waiting this long! Im sept OOM mid 200s.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Anyone from Sept below 50 hear anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 AtLongLast!

Hey Tallglass, def give them a shout. I was waiting longer than yourself and only got an offer just over a week ago. They should be able to give you some feedback....chin up, it will happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

guys... this is deadly news!!!! congrats to all of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodagh2016

Finally I'm in :) I'm sorry to those of you still waiting it's an awful feeling but you will get there...
    Congrats to everybody who got in I can't wait to meet all of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 4 teddy ked

After 3rd attempt of applying, finally got the news today. Long wait since Jan 2016😓. So happy to be starting. Congrats to all who got good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Got an offer as well.. OOM of 240ish from Sep 16. Heads up to those who haven got one yet

The way it's shaping up you could see people from the June 17 campaign getting in before us...the thoughts of that! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bazz1000

The way it's shaping up you could see people from the June 17 campaign getting in before us...the thoughts of that! :/

Wouldn't surprise me if it did happen. Just give our sanity that extra push :-P
    Look it's there for us. Just another 12week wait. More time to save or clear loans.
    But they need a good kick up the arse to get a move on to get all nov/Jan into next intake. Can't be too many of us left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Delighted for you al who got offers, for those who didn't its very tough been there hold tough more offers could come round yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

congrats to everyone who got their offers! i was placed 404 in my oom and still waiting to do my pct! should i be looking forward to november?

Damo1988 wrote: »
    congrats to everyone who got their offers! i was placed 404 in my oom and still waiting to do my pct! should i be looking forward to november?

Impossible to tell lad...I did my pct before Christmas and thought I would be in with a shout for February! 6 months later......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Damo1988

Impossible to tell lad...I did my pct before Christmas and thought I would be in with a shout for February! 6 months later......
    christ you must have some patience! finding it very impatient myself but the job i'm in at the moment could be the reason behind that

Damo1988 wrote: »
    christ you must have some patience! finding it very impatient myself but the job i'm in at the moment could be the reason behind that

I have no choice really have I 😧 hopefully it will be worth the wait!

Thanks all, will email them see what's happening. No point getting worked up about it.

I'll wait it out, just hope I get an offer at the end of all this. Would be a bit upset if not.

Best of luck to all heading down. Don't forget us on here! If you can give us snippets without getting in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Caoimhe xxxx

Got an offer today. OOM under 50 from September 2016 campaign. Delighted, looking forward to meeting everyone, could I hop on the what's app bandwagon please? 😀

Hi, yes from September. Seems to be in or around the 100 OOM mark give or take.

Yes lad couldn't send another pm! Il try get on the WhatsApp group sure

• Registered Users Posts: 18 smurph141

Could anyone tell me how long the physical test takes?? Mine is at 9am just looking for a rough time i would be leaving templemore at.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Bmwgirl142

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    There is a whatsapp group with a few of us who got offers a couple of weeks ago for August, PM me if you want to be added in.

/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 saz1995

smurph141 wrote: »
    Could anyone tell me how long the physical test takes?? Mine is at 9am just looking for a rough time i would be leaving templemore at.
    I would say give yourself around 3 to 4 hours maybe. All depends what group your put into.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Joe2001

Got an offer, oom of 100-130 from Sept 2016. Congrats to everyone who got one, won't be long coming around now. Is that what's app group still going for August?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 micjo123

Joe2001 wrote: »
    Got an offer, oom of 100-130 from Sept 2016. Congrats to everyone who got one, won't be long coming around now. Is that what's app group still going for August?

Hey, did you get the offer today or was that yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Joe2001

Sorry it was yday :/

• Registered Users Posts: 45 micjo123

Joe2001 wrote: »
    Sorry it was yday :/

ah right i was thinking there was more hope for us if it was today lol. Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 gerryboy911

Hello everyone

Got an offer, mid 300s from Sep 16 campaign

I first applied in 2008, then they cut the panel and stopped recruiting for 8 years. It's been a long time coming! For those of you still waiting, use this time to enjoy yourselves, you will be a mule for long enough!

For those of ye accepted for August, see ye all in Pollys!

G

Hello everyone

I first applied in 2008, then they cut the panel and stopped recruiting for 8 years. It's been a long time coming! For those of you still waiting, use this time to enjoy yourselves, you will be a mule for long enough!

G

Well done and fair play for going again for it, that must have been hard to put yourself into it all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 monaghanlad086

Hello everyone

G

Are you definitely from Sep 16 campaign with mid 300 oom only asking because I got no offer and I'm signed off from April with oom 300-305

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

smurph141 wrote: »

depends on how many people attending. mine started 9 and finished around 1230- 1300. deffo by 1400

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tearing123

Fair play to everyone who got called yesterday 😀 Keep the faith to those who didn't 👍🏻 In myself, from sept with oom of mid 200s.

• Advertisement
Advertisement