Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 arc2017

Hi everyone.. can I just clarify if anyone one who received an offer for August got it for the first week in August or all for the 24th July? I spoke to HRM today on the phone and although they were not giving much away..I asked if there will be any more offers for August and he said to look vigilantly at my email. Keep the faithðŸ‘🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tearing123

arc2017 wrote: »
    Hi everyone.. can I just clarify if anyone one who received an offer for August got it for the first week in August or all for the 24th July? I spoke to HRM today on the phone and although they were not giving much away..I asked if there will be any more offers for August and he said to look vigilantly at my email. Keep the faith��

I've Induction on the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

What's the story with being called for the physical in place of a deferral? Do they have a list in hrm of who they'll call in the event of a short notice drop out? Can you put yourself forward as willing to take a last minute place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Keeper34 wrote: »
    What's the story with being called for the physical in place of a deferral? Do they have a list in hrm of who they'll call in the event of a short notice drop out? Can you put yourself forward as willing to take a last minute place?

You just ring up and say you're available.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

Anyone know if the information pack is emailed or posted out once you have confirmed your accepting your position for induction week?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

js2017 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the information pack is emailed or posted out once you have confirmed your accepting your position for induction week?

It's posted and takes about a week after confirming

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fox93

Anyone know what we're to bring with us to the induction ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Joe2001

Has anybody got the info pack yet?

Yeah I received mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Joe2001

Fox93 wrote: »
    Yeah I received mine last week.

Did you get an offer in first or second round?

• Advertisement

Joe2001 wrote: »
    Did you get an offer in first or second round?

First. It came after three or four days off accepting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Purdue789

Does anyone know if we're paid for the two week holidays we have at the end of the 32 weeks before being assigned to a station? Trying to budget everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 aallaann9003

Hi
    I'm meeting with the superintendent/inspector tomorrow.
    Is it much the same as meeting the seargent.
    Or what should I expect.
    And should I wear a suit

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi
    I'm meeting with the superintendent/inspector tomorrow.
    Is it much the same as meeting the seargent.
    Or what should I expect.
    And should I wear a suit

Thanks

Personally my meeting was very straightforward and on par with the sergeant meeting although your mileage may vary.

Definitely wear a suit, at the very least a shirt slacks and tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Definitely wear a shirt and tie at the very least. Compared to the sergeant interview mine was far more formal and much shorter.
    Questions asked were about:
    Where I went to college, what I do for a living now, what I do to keep fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

When is the induction week for this lads ?

Canyon86 wrote: »
    When is the induction week for this lads ?

Induction weeks are the week starting 24th of july and the week starting 30th of july. (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭FletcherBelle

Hey does anyone know what the dress code is for the induction week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HugsiePenguin

Hey does anyone know what the dress code is for the induction week?
    I was thinking of just packing multiple types of clothes but don't know what to wear for the registration?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 teddy ked

@BobbyDaisy .could you add me to whats app group please. New phone .sent you pm

Best of luck to all of ye starting your induction week this week.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Purdue789

If anyone is admin in the Whatsapp group can you add me in please?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 toc_95

Just got offered a late place for August today, delighted. Cheers to whoever deferred last minute

toc_95 wrote:
    Just got offered a late place for August today, delighted. Cheers to whoever deferred last minute

Lucky! Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

toc_95 wrote: »

Fantastic. Congratulations. If you don't mind me asking with such a late offer so they allow you to refuse it if it's too short notice?

• Advertisement

Fantastic. Congratulations. If you don't mind me asking with such a late offer so they allow you to refuse it if it's too short notice?

Ye I was given the chance to refuse it but I just want to get in as soon as possible, work weren't impressed with the late notice haha

• Registered Users Posts: 26 copreed

Ye I was given the chance to refuse it but I just want to get in as soon as possible, work weren't impressed with the late notice haha

Happy days. What campaign are you from?

September 16

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Great stuff, were you on a cancellation list, when in August is it ?

Start the 8th, induction week on Monday. Got very little notice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 adam kearney

Start the 8th, induction week on Monday. Got very little notice

Fair play, congratulations
    Just wondering what your oom was from September 16 ?

Fair play, congratulations
    Just wondering what your oom was from September 16 ?

Around 340 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 17 adam kearney

Around 340 or so

Ok sound
    Best of luck for next week !

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gh123

Hi,

Starting next Monday myself, does anybody know what to wear down next Monday morning?

I have heard some wear a suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lynchyboy94

If anyone is admin of whatsapp group could they add me please? Are people wearing suits etc Monday morning?

If anyone is admin of whatsapp group could they add me please? Are people wearing suits etc Monday morning?

Me too please. Ye I think you wear the suit the first day, but I dunno if you're given your room straight away so you can change into the suit or if you have to drive down in your suit

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Me too please. Ye I think you wear the suit the first day, but I dunno if you're given your room straight away so you can change into the suit or if you have to drive down in your suit

Dm

Best of luck to all those starting this week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caachris

TallGlass wrote: »
    Might as well get this one heated up seen as the offers have come out on the other thread.

This is mainly just for chat and questions I imagine.

Some common questions from the other thread...

What are the intakes for 2017?

August and November

What stage do you get called to station to meet super / sergeant?

You can meet them at any stage after the interview

Is meeting them part of vetting?

Meeting the sergeant and super is part of the vetting process.

Can I defer?

Yes, but you need a good reason! Heading away for two weeks is not one. Also be aware, you are not guaranteed a place after deferring.

OOM, Order Of Merit

Seemingly this looks to be done quite oddly, the only one you 'see' is the one from PAS, but once handed to AGS, you are placed into an OOM with them based on all campaigns from 15' and 16'. From reading on here, I would take your OOM with a pinch of salt and go with which stages you've completed first then go back to your OOM to see how you stack up.

Do you pay for meals in the college

Set meals by the college, NO you don't pay. Things like snacks, soft drinks ,beer etc.. you will have to pay for down there. There's a shop and pub on site. A Lidl up the road and your about a 10 min walk outside of the town, there's a pub across the road also.

I rang the appointments office and was told x, but x on here said something different?

The truth is, HRM nor anyone on here really knows. You'll always get different answers from who you speak to in HRM or on here, again just try stay sane and when you get an offer believe that, until then believe nothing, unless its a PCT date or Medical date!

I am entering the college with a degree, what happens now?

Nothing during training or probation unfortunately for you. Once you complete probation, fortunately you'll jump three points on the pay scale.

Garda Trainee Information Day?

This is a day or open day to run you over the PCT exam in a training mode so to speak, you do the course/machine once, up to level 4 on beep and as many push ups or sit-ups as you like on the day.

You don't need to attend nor do you need an invitation to go an open day

It's up to you if you want to go, but if it's not to far out for you or putting you out I would say it's good to go get a feel for the place, get a feel for the college etc..

I have everything done now, what happens now?

Your full application will go to the commissioner, who will decide to approve or decline your application.

Ok that's all for now. I may add more in.

Hope this helps ! :cool:

I received a confirmation email around septemeber 17' that I have passed the assessment and will be called for interview. My OOM is around 800, but I haven't heard anything since?
    This is my second time going through this as I failed the medical last year on BMI.
    Just wondering should I contact anyone or why is it taking so long comparing to last year where I was called up within a couple of weeks..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Weejohnny

Caachris wrote: »
    I received a confirmation email around septemeber 17' that I have passed the assessment and will be called for interview. My OOM is around 800, but I haven't heard anything since?
    This is my second time going through this as I failed the medical last year on BMI.
    Just wondering should I contact anyone or why is it taking so long comparing to last year where I was called up within a couple of weeks..

Group 306-550 are in being interviewed since last Monday. So you are possibly in next group or one after.

• Advertisement

Weejohnny wrote: »
    Group 306-550 are in being interviewed since last Monday. So you are possibly in next group or one after.

Thanks! I was just somewhat worried thinking I was overlooked, seemed alot quicker last year at the time.

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Clancy1994

What does it mean that if you have a 3rd level degree you get 3 increment points on pay scale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Clancy1994 wrote: »
    What does it mean that if you have a 3rd level degree you get 3 increment points on pay scale?

On application and with full attestation and probation cleared, you can apply to have you degree 'recognised' so to speak. If successful you'll move up the pay scale by three years, for example, if your at year one on the scale and are successful, while still at scale one you'll be pushed up to scale 3, so a bump in pay, next year you'll be on year 4, then 5,6,7 as normal.

Hi All,

Passed my medical on the 21st of March.
    Haven't been called up for Physical competency test yet, is anyone else in the same boat? thought it would come around quicker..

Advertisement