Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭BobbyDaisy

I'm from Jan 2016 campaign and vetting began in July 2016 ... Still waiting. So for those hoping vetting only takes a few weeks be prepared for a long wait :(

I feel your pain my vetting began in August and I'm still waiting also it's so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Lorraine_93

BobbyDaisy wrote: »
    I feel your pain my vetting began in August and I'm still waiting also it's so frustrating

At least I know I'm not alone 😂 I was feeling like the only one for a while ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

At least I know I'm not alone 😂 I was feeling like the only one for a while ðŸ˜

Do either of you know what is causing such a long delay?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Newgirl17

Also from Jan 2016 and vetting ongoing since last year. It's a long wait.

Do either of you know what is causing such a long delay?

No , anytime I ring I'm told its still outstanding. 3 weeks ago I got a nice lady on the phone and she told me that it was sent to be signed off and I should know in a few days. A follow up phone call a woman told me still waiting on one report, and was told they will contact me when its complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

No , anytime I ring I'm told its still outstanding. 3 weeks ago I got a nice lady on the phone and she told me that it was sent to be signed off and I should know in a few days. A follow up phone call a woman told me still waiting on one report, and was told they will contact me when its complete.

I didn't think you got any notification that vetting is complete or not, ive emailed twice and no reply I'm assuming mine is complete!!!

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    I didn't think you got any notification that vetting is complete or not, ive emailed twice and no reply I'm assuming mine is complete!!!

Yeah from reading the boards I don't think they contact you. If I was you I would give them a ring if they're not emailing back.

Yeah from reading the boards I don't think they contact you. If I was you I would give them a ring if they're not emailing back.

Thanks Lorraine_93 think I will it would be great just to know that I'm ready to go...Ive no patience :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

Marksy8429 wrote:

What email address did you contact them on? I want to check on my vetting too.

Thanks Lorraine_93 think I will it would be great just to know that I'm ready to go...Ive no patience :D:D

I ring this number
    016662571 I think that's right one anyway ðŸ˜

• Advertisement

I ring this number
    016662571 I think that's right one anyway ðŸ˜

Cheers il ring first thing...

Cheers il ring first thing...

Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

Hope someone can explain what this means!!

I emailed HRM this morning and they replied saying that my file has gone for a decision. They said they will be in contact with me once my file has been signed off on and reached my order of merit.

Does this mean my vetting has cleared or not??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭twoblub

Emer29 wrote: »

I emailed HRM this morning and they replied saying that my file has gone for a decision. They said they will be in contact with me once my file has been signed off on and reached my order of merit.

It means that your vetting and rest of recruitment file is gone to the commish for a decision to accept or not. Once its signed off as accepted you wait for an offer of employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mabf

Have to say its such a frustrating process and I'm only from the Sept 2016 campaign but with a very good OOM. Everything done, just waiting on the vetting to clear. Really hoping for August. Has anybody from the Sept 16 campaign got an offer for May?

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Hi all. Whats the maximum age?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Elliot192

Hi all. Whats the maximum age?

35 at time of application. Doesn't matter after that.

Emer29 wrote: »

I got told same thing 3 weeks ago still no word!!

I got told same thing 3 weeks ago still no word!!

So I called first thing this morning to be told my vetting is still outstanding, wouldn't tell me what stage she wasn't very helpful, its frustrating because the sergent told me back in October that my vetting was all fine only thing I can think is I lived in Australia for a year years back...At least I wont be stalking my emails anymore with a hope for May I'm feeling doubtfull for August now:mad::mad::mad:

So I called first thing this morning to be told my vetting is still outstanding, wouldn't tell me what stage she wasn't very helpful, its frustrating because the sergent told me back in October that my vetting was all fine only thing I can think is I lived in Australia for a year years back...At least I wont be stalking my emails anymore with a hope for May I'm feeling doubtfull for August now:mad::mad::mad:

I found that with them too, I have family in England that's all I can't think of , also told that it was sent to be signed off and I would know in a few days! 😡 I've lost hope for may, and I was hoping for last November and for February and was extremely hopeful for may but looks Like we will be waiting!

• Advertisement

I found that with them too, I have family in England that's all I can't think of , also told that it was sent to be signed off and I would know in a few days! 😡 I've lost hope for may, and I was hoping for last November and for February and was extremely hopeful for may but looks Like we will be waiting!
    It's so frustrating can only imagine how you feel lime your whole life is on hold can't make any plans!! The Superintendent that I met back know October said if I eve4 needed anything to ask I wonder is it worth asking what's the hold up? We will stay hopefully for August for now any way 😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

at this rate- i might as well prepare for November intake. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Canyon86

ArifI wrote: »
    at this rate- i might as well prepare for November intake. :D

Same here,

I have an OOM of early 1000,s from 2016 campaign

Delayed due to laser eye surgery, I haven't been signed off yet so no physical date

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

mabf wrote: »
    Have to say its such a frustrating process and I'm only from the Sept 2016 campaign but with a very good OOM. Everything done, just waiting on the vetting to clear. Really hoping for August. Has anybody from the Sept 16 campaign got an offer for May?

M

Vetting seems to be varied for everyone. I know two fellas from Sept 16 campaign starting in May. One of them only did the physical a few weeks back ha

• Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

I can't seem to figure out the vetting issues either. When I met the sergeant at my local station at the end of January he said my vetting was waiting to be finalised and when I called HRM two weeks back it was still outstanding and like most others I was not given any info on how far along it was. Phoned a sergeant friend of mine who told me it should only take 2 or 3 weeks to get done from when its started :/

js2017 wrote: »
    I can't seem to figure out the vetting issues either. When I met the sergeant at my local station at the end of January he said my vetting was waiting to be finalised and when I called HRM two weeks back it was still outstanding and like most others I was not given any info on how far along it was. Phoned a sergeant friend of mine who told me it should only take 2 or 3 weeks to get done from when its started :/

It seems to be a problem a lot of people end up going through, and get delayed for so long when its unnecessary. I'm starting to think its just who evers desk your file ends up on!! Some have waited up to 2 years like...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

Hey guys. My vetting started a good while ago now, probably August I reckon. And I met the seargant around then. She recently contacted me to say my file would shortly go to the superintendent-and just this week I've been given a date to meet him. Does anyone know if meeting the super generally signals the end stage of your vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

Cathyp wrote: »
    Hey guys. My vetting started a good while ago now, probably August I reckon. And I met the seargant around then. She recently contacted me to say my file would shortly go to the superintendent-and just this week I've been given a date to meet him. Does anyone know if meeting the super generally signals the end stage of your vetting?

No, I met Sargent and super on the same day and my vetting was at the begginging stage they told me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

Cathyp wrote: »

That's long time. you might want to ask the super about this. anyways you have till July to find what's happening. best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Found out I passed the interview & my OOM is near 700.
    Is it up to me to organise meeting with local sergeant/Supt?
    What do I need to do next?

Thanks.

Advertisement