Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

I got a call this morning with an offer for May!! Still can't belive it. I'm from Sept 16 campaign and did physical last week. Best of luck to everyone. Was sure at this stage it would be August. You never know what the day will bring 😊😊😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

Emer29 wrote: »
    I got a call this morning with an offer for May!! Still can't belive it. I'm from Sept 16 campaign and did physical last week. Best of luck to everyone. Was sure at this stage it would be August. You never know what the day will bring 😊😊😊

Congrats!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

Keeper34 wrote: »
    Found out I passed the interview & my OOM is near 700.
    Is it up to me to organise meeting with local sergeant/Supt?
    What do I need to do next?

Thanks.

Keep fingers crossed and keep an eye on your email. they will contact you for all your stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Cathyp wrote: »
    Hey guys. My vetting started a good while ago now, probably August I reckon. And I met the seargant around then. She recently contacted me to say my file would shortly go to the superintendent-and just this week I've been given a date to meet him. Does anyone know if meeting the super generally signals the end stage of your vetting?

Not really sure as when my daughter met the sergeant she was told her vetting was all cleared but she still hasn't met super

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Emer29

They called me this morning about it so was definitely a good start to the day :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Fantastic, very best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Unreal! Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

My oom was in the 50's. They called me this morning about it so was definitely a good start to the day :-)

Congrats and best of luck..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Fair play to ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Well Done. Best of Luck..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Cathyp

Found out I passed the interview & my OOM is near 700.
    Is it up to me to organise meeting with local sergeant/Supt?
    What do I need to do next?

Thanks.

Well done on passing the interview. No they will contact you to arrange the meetings. All you need to do now is make sure you meet all the requirements for the medical, and get training for the fitness test! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shoj123

Anybody have any idea the starting dates for august ?

Shoj123 wrote: »
    Anybody have any idea the starting dates for august ?

8th of august.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Shoj123

is that excluding induction week?

Shoj123 wrote: »
    is that excluding induction week?

induction weeks will be prior to the 8th of august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

What's the difference between the starting week and induction week? Why not just start it all on a certain date..

TallGlass wrote:
    What's the difference between the starting week and induction week? Why not just start it all on a certain date..

Induction week covers first aid, manual handling, water safety and a few other things. The purpose of this is to get this training out of the way so as to make the course more efficient as it has been condensed.

Also, as far as I know you are not paid for your induction week.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭vodkacz

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    8th of august.

How do U know all the dates? U seem to be well informed all the time.

vodkacz wrote: »
    How do U know all the dates? U seem to be well informed all the time.

I got the dates from an archive of what's been said in the Dáil. :cool:

I got the dates from an archive of what's been said in the Dáil. :cool:

Agent triple 0 sven ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Tri83

So I take it, for all of us who pass the physical on the 29th of this month we will get August offers?? Obviously I mean for the ones who's vetting and all that is clear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Tri83 wrote: »
    So I take it, for all of us who pass the physical on the 29th of this month we will get August offers?? Obviously I mean for the ones who's vetting and all that is clear!

Well if you've everything done then it will be back to the waiting game for August.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

Can anyone shed some light for me.. ya know the way with an honours degree from college, that when starting year 3 you skip to year 5 or 6 salary? Which is it? And then what happens at start of year 4? Does the salary keep incrementing or does it stop for a few years?

DE1991 wrote: »
    Can anyone shed some light for me.. ya know the way with an honours degree from college, that when starting year 3 you skip to year 5 or 6 salary? Which is it? And then what happens at start of year 4? Does the salary keep incrementing or does it stop for a few years?

at the end of probation, at the start of year three you will go up 3 extra steps. Meaning you'll be on year no.6 on the salary scale.

The scale wont stop and will continue to increase incrementally each year

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭DE1991

at the end of probation, at the start of year three you will go up 3 extra steps. Meaning you'll be on year no.6 on the salary scale.

The scale wont stop and will continue to increase incrementally each year

I had a feeling Mr.Black might be the one to know :)

So then starting year 4 you would be on year 7 and so on?
    And then you know the way it stops at year 9 for a few years, what would be the case for that then? I mean come the very end of the pay scale would everyone end up on the same, just you would get there quicker with the degree is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Marksy8429

Tri83 wrote: »

Not necessarily all depends on the campaign your from, older campaigns will get preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

Marksy8429 wrote: »
    Not necessarily all depends on the campaign your from, older campaigns will get preference.

I thought that as well but it's not the case, I know a few people from Sept 16 starting in May and I've seen a good few on here from Sept 16 get offers as well

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

Bit of a cheeky one but I'd like to ask all the same. I passed stage 3 interview & placed under the 700 mark. So I'm guessing things won't be happening for me for a good while?
    But.......

Just found out the wife is pregnant so I'd really like to be back from Templemore before she gives birth.

Are there ever allowances made for this type of thing? Any potential for jumping the queue?

Thanks.

Keeper34 wrote:
    Are there ever allowances made for this type of thing? Any potential for jumping the queue?

Short answer: No

Just found out the wife is pregnant so I'd really like to be back from Templemore before she gives birth.

Congrats!

When you say back from Templemore what do you mean? You're sent out to a station potentially anywhere in the country after you attest for the remainder of your probation and then potentially to another station at the end of your probation.

There are occasionally allowances made for where you're stationed for welfare cases but I've only heard of these being being granted for cases such as single parents or caring for someone. Regardless if in these cases you'll still be stationed a significant distance away from your home place.

• Advertisement

Regardless if in these cases you'll still be stationed a significant distance away from your home place.

It doesn't necessarily have to be like that. I know many guys with families who are stationed in a up to 2hrs drive distance from home.

Advertisement