Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee August 2017 intake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    I wouldn't give up hope with an oom that good with everything complete

I hope so, the waiting everyone must do is a bit of a disaster but hopefully not too much longer for us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Keeper34

So with an OOM in the high 600's I'll be waiting a VERY long time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Keeper34 wrote:
    So with an OOM in the high 600's I'll be waiting a VERY long time?

Maybe yes maybe no.
    It all depends on if you have everything cleared.

For example I had my medical in Feb but my vetting hasn't started yet and I'm awaiting a fitness date. So even though I'm oom ~200 it's reasonable to assume that there are people with bigger oom's that'll have everything complete long before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

I've an OOM of under 50 and I'm still waiting to meet my local sgt and super.

Still no word for a physical date either, by the way things are going for me, I'm hoping for the November intake. Also gives me a bit of time to get saving aswel.

I was really hoping to get in ASAP.
    All going well the missus will give birth to our first in December.

Big decisions to be made.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭GB FAN GALWAY 30

Hi Guys. I was just wondering when the first physicals of the Sept 2016 campaign took place? Just want to know how far back I am? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Vitaliy

dates for physical test are sent out today,

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DonegalMan0544

js2017 wrote: »
    I phoned yesterday and was told my file is complete and ready to go and so the vetting is complete. Was also told that August campaign is unlikely even with everything complete and a low oom due to the volume of candidates waiting on induction from previous campaigns. I'm from September 2016 campaign
    I wouldn't go by that at all, there's already a good number of people from September 16 starting now in May, it's all to do with vetting. Everyone's different.

that is true, there was a person here saying that he was sept 2016 and he was called to start in may.
    he done his physical and next week he got a phone call, oom was mid hundred

Vitaliy wrote: »
    that is true, there was a person here saying that he was sept 2016 and he was called to start in may.
    he done his physical and next week he got a phone call, oom was mid hundred
    Yeah exactly! Did they give you much notice for your physical date?

• Advertisement

Yeah exactly! Did they give you much notice for your physical date?

Yeah they did, only received a date today and it's not till mid June. I was expecting it for end of may, but sure an extra two weeks is no harm.
    Vetting won't be ready anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

killer91 wrote: »
    I've an OOM of under 50 and I'm still waiting to meet my local sgt and super.

Still no word for a physical date either, by the way things are going for me, I'm hoping for the November intake. Also gives me a bit of time to get saving aswel.

lots of people got their physical date today- see if you got one man ;).

Vitaliy wrote: »
    Yeah they did, only received a date today and it's not till mid June. I was expecting it for end of may, but sure an extra two weeks is no harm.
    Vetting won't be ready anyways
    Happy days, gives you plenty of time to train! I got just under 4 weeks..you never know it could be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

Mid June ? anyone get a PCT date sooner than that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭killer91

ArifI wrote: »
    lots of people got their physical date today- see if you got one man ;).

No didn't get a date but I sure I'll have a more time to train and save I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cohaw

rocky911 wrote: »
    Mid June ? anyone get a PCT date sooner than that ?

Got my pct date today as well. Up on the 9th may. Not much notice but the sooner it's over the better

Cohaw wrote: »
    Got my pct date today as well. Up on the 9th may. Not much notice but the sooner it's over the better

Hi. Just wondering are u low OOM roughly? I'm low and haven't heard!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rocky911

See ya there ...3.30 hopefully we will be in one of the first groups other wise could be a long day

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Cohaw

Oom in late 200's . Everything else done since end of Feb . The waiting is a killer

Oom in late 200's . Everything else done since end of Feb . The waiting is a killer
    I know the feeling!!! Hopefully hear something soon! Best of luck for the physical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Wexfordgal0987

I'm going away for the summer just waiting for a physical date, still haven't got it! Will I ring the headquarters and tell them I'm away or will I be able defer it when it comes to it? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭ArifI

I'm going away for the summer just waiting for a physical date, still haven't got it! Will I ring the headquarters and tell them I'm away or will I be able defer it when it comes to it? Thanks

From what I know, you can only differ if you have medical reasons.

Got an email about attending the open day in the college to get an idea of the physical. I'm having trouble getting off work for it. Is it mandatory? Are you considered to have taken yourself out of the running if you don't attend?
    There'll surely be more open days as there's so many potential recruits, right?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Keeper34 wrote:
    Got an email about attending the open day in the college to get an idea of the physical. I'm having trouble getting off work for it. Is it mandatory? Are you considered to have taken yourself out of the running if you don't attend? There'll surely be more open days as there's so many potential recruits, right?

Keeper34 wrote:
    Thanks.

It's not mandatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

Anyone know when is the next open day?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 js2017

I wouldn't go by that at all, there's already a good number of people from September 16 starting now in May, it's all to do with vetting. Everyone's different.

Exactly yeah i was just saying that's what they said to me. Very hard to predict how and when they decide to take people in so being ready and hope for the best is the only thing I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Shane88

Lads anyone kno if there's a boxing club or any form of martial arts club in templemore college?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sinead_166

i got my PCT date there during the week... its for the 13th of may... dont know whether im dreading it or excited haha... serious working out between now and then haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sam1996

Shane88 wrote: »
    Lads anyone kno if there's a boxing club or any form of martial arts club in templemore college?

The nearest one would be thurles which is a ten minute drive away.

• Advertisement

sinead_166 wrote: »
    i got my PCT date there during the week... its for the 13th of may... dont know whether im dreading it or excited haha... serious working out between now and then haha

Have u been training much up to this? Nice to get a date all the same and get it done and dusted..

Advertisement