Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone RED Connect Terms&Conds change

• 15-03-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭

As of March 2017, Vodafone is changing Red Connect Terms and Conditions for all bill pay Red Connect customers. I got a text message with data allowance increase on April 15, going up from 7 G to 15 G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Sweet. I was just about hitting my 7GB per month, 15 will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Hmm - I didn't get get any text?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭power101

Ironically even though they are improving the terms, does this mean because of the contract change that anyone affected can cancel their current contracts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Looks like it's for Red Connect Super at €80 per month

I'm on Red Connect Extra and still will be only 7gb :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

Newtown90 wrote: »

Red Connect super is already 17gb so that would be a downgrade if that was the case!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Newtown90 wrote: »

It's on Red Connect 60 too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    It's on Red Connect 60 too.

I haven't been notified but will be great if it is as I'm always breaking 7gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

I got a text today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭breeno

I got a text yesterday. It's a great addition as I was hovering close to 7gb each month but while this is technically an added benefit, is it a change to contract terms and cause for exiting the contract? Wishful thinking perhaps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Got no text yet myself so I asked on live chat and they confirmed I would see the increase in the next bill cycle. Odd that not everyone has got texts? And I haven't seen mention of this anywhere else but this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

breeno wrote: »
    I got a text yesterday. It's a great addition as I was hovering close to 7gb each month but while this is technically an added benefit, is it a change to contract terms and cause for exiting the contract? Wishful thinking perhaps!

If it's a contract change then you can get out of contract. It should be posted on their website here http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/customer-notifications/#redroaming but it's not. You should query if it's a change or terms on the Vodafone form here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

following

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

If it's a contract change then you can get out of contract. It should be posted on their website here http://www.vodafone.ie/aboutus/customer-notifications/#redroaming but it's not. You should query if it's a change or terms on the Vodafone form here.

Well if it was a reduction in data it would clearly be a change but hard to see them giving you more data being a term change as it doesn't impact on you if you don't want it to. Love to hear that I'm wrong though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Well if it was a reduction in data it would clearly be a change but hard to see them giving you more data being a term change as it doesn't impact on you if you don't want it to. Love to hear that I'm wrong though!

A change is a change. I could be wrong but I'm nearly sure the huge deal with o2 years ago was that they reduced the cost of calls to directory enquiries, I and many others cancelled contracts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Has anyone tried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭JIdontknow

Has anyone enquired about this? Just wondering is there any clauses, due to the fact they are actually offering better than originally. What happens if you initially had a more expensive plan, for example for the bigger data allowance and now the cheaper plan has similar data? For example the higher Red Connect 80 plan was 17gb (Not sure what it is increasing to), now the cheaper connect 60 plan will offer I believe 15 gb which is close to what the connect 80 originally allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Red Extra Essentials still on 3GB. Would love a increase. Any planned I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭rwald7

I'm on the 30 day SIM only plan (I think it's called Red 30 Day), with a data allowance of 3GB. I got a text this morning saying that the allowance was going up to 5GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

yknaa wrote: »
    Red Extra Essentials still on 3GB. Would love a increase. Any planned I wonder?

There is no increase in data on the Red Extra Essentials plan. But if you switch to the newer Red Connect Essentials then it will increase to 5GB.

retweet wrote: »
    Has anyone tried?
    JIdontknow wrote: »
    Has anyone enquired about this? Just wondering is there any clauses, due to the fact they are actually offering better than originally. What happens if you initially had a more expensive plan, for example for the bigger data allowance and now the cheaper plan has similar data? For example the higher Red Connect 80 plan was 17gb (Not sure what it is increasing to), now the cheaper connect 60 plan will offer I believe 15 gb which is close to what the connect 80 originally allowed?

Yeah, took 5min over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Typical, just as i come to the end of a two year contract..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

As in, you got out of a contract? Mine went up from 3g to 5g but I'd love to get out of the contract.

As in, you got out of a contract? Mine went up from 3g to 5g but I'd love to get out of the contract.

Me too! Feels very cheeky though...

Me too! Feels very cheeky though...

It does a bit but I'm locked in until December and if there is a way out of that then I'll take it:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

What did you say to them?

It does a bit but I'm locked in until December and if there is a way out of that then I'll take it:p

Yeah I'm locked in until next February! Don't see how I could argue myself out of the essentials plan because they're making it better though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

What is the number of the directive that covers this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yknaa

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    There is no increase in data on the Red Extra Essentials plan. But if you switch to the newer Red Connect Essentials then it will increase to 5GB.

Thanks for this. I've just changed online but it is saying that with the changes I am still entitled to 3GB.
    Also I can't seem to see if this is a new contract (that will run for 24 months) or just as extension of my existing one. Sorry if off topic. If it is for a further 24 months I can easily cancel and change back.

Edit: I guess the changes will apply from 15/04.

yknaa wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I've just changed online but it is saying that with the changes I am still entitled to 3GB.
    Also I can't seem to see if this is a new contract (that will run for 24 months) or just as extension of my existing one. Sorry if off topic. If it is for a further 24 months I can easily cancel and change back.

I switched from Extra to Connect a few weeks ago and clarified it's just a switch of your contract plan rather than a new 24mth contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

did you or didn't you get out of the contract ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Guys- just went into Vodafone shop in Liffey Valley this evening.
    SIM only - annual plan- with 10Gb data, 100 mins international calls and unlimited national landline/mobile calls- 25 Euro for 6 months, 35 Euro for 6 months- 12 month contract. I know its not a 30 day rolling contract (which is 30 Euro- but only has 7Gb of data)- but seems to me to be very good value. Also have it confirmed- the whole of the 10Gb can be used abroad- if you're going on hols.

jambofc wrote: »

Fr Dougal must be gone saying a long mass, any chance he could let us know if he did or didn't get out of a contract

jambofc wrote: »

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭nhunter100

Fr_Dougal wrote:
    Yes.

What plan were you on, may I ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭epopnomis

From Vodafones Terms and Conditions Page. So looks like they have closed that loop.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Access to the Service[/font]
      [font=Arial, sans-serif][*]If you exceed any Price Plan allowance when using the Content Pack you will incur additional internet data charges.
      [*]The Service is subject to network coverage, Vodafone's fair usage policy, mobile equipment capability and the operating system installed on your mobile equipment.
      [*]From time to time Vodafone may modify the standard settings and/or features of the Red Connect proposition in order to offer additional value to the Service. Such changes might include measures such as increasing your data allowance size. The parties agree that such changes to the Red Connect proposition or package do not constitute modification in the conditions of the contract for that Red Connect proposition or package
      [/font]

1. Advertisement
    2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

epopnomis wrote: »
      From Vodafones Terms and Conditions Page. So looks like they have closed that loop.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Access to the Service[/font]
        [font=Arial, sans-serif][*]If you exceed any Price Plan allowance when using the Content Pack you will incur additional internet data charges.
        [*]The Service is subject to network coverage, Vodafone's fair usage policy, mobile equipment capability and the operating system installed on your mobile equipment.
        [*]From time to time Vodafone may modify the standard settings and/or features of the Red Connect proposition in order to offer additional value to the Service. Such changes might include measures such as increasing your data allowance size. The parties agree that such changes to the Red Connect proposition or package do not constitute modification in the conditions of the contract for that Red Connect proposition or package
        [/font]
        Closed it for who though - future customers?
        Are we able to get out of the contract if mid way?

1. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

2. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

guil wrote: »

Also this 14 (6)

"(6) A subscriber referred to in paragraph (4) may withdraw from his or her contract with the undertaking or provider without penalty if he or she does not accept a proposed modification referred to in paragraph (4)."

3. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

guil wrote: »

Does that override this so?

Access to the Service
        [*]If you exceed any Price Plan allowance when using the Content Pack you will incur additional internet data charges.

4. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

retweet wrote: »
        Does that override this so?

Access to the Service
        [*]If you exceed any Price Plan allowance when using the Content Pack you will incur additional internet data charges.

Probably not if those terms existed when you signed the contract. But they probably can't just "introduce" those get out clauses.

5. Advertisement
      6. Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Probably not if those terms existed when you signed the contract. But they probably can't just "introduce" those get out clauses.

You can't contract yourself out of a legal requirement.

7. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Guys- just went into Vodafone shop in Liffey Valley this evening.
        SIM only - annual plan- with 10Gb data, 100 mins international calls and unlimited national landline/mobile calls- 25 Euro for 6 months, 35 Euro for 6 months- 12 month contract. I know its not a 30 day rolling contract (which is 30 Euro- but only has 7Gb of data)- but seems to me to be very good value. Also have it confirmed- the whole of the 10Gb can be used abroad- if you're going on hols.

Can you give me a link to the 30 day 30 euro 7gb plan? Can't find it on their site

8. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭retweet

Has anyone tried to cancel? Or have been successfully cancelling with thrm? Thanks :)

9. Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

quarryman wrote: »
        Can you give me a link to the 30 day 30 euro 7gb plan? Can't find it on their site

Its the RED 30 Day billpay SIM ONLY PLAN
        It says 3Gb on the website- however, the brochure in store says 7Gb
        Unfortunately my copy of the brochure is sitting on my desk in work- I can copy the relevant page and post it here on Monday (or you can pop into one of the stores- its the current brochure).

The special offers are changing- they are trying to get people onto the 1 year SIM only plan (they're extending the 25 Euro offer on it to the end of April)- so its possible they may be making the 30 day plan less attractive- to try and push the 12 month plan........?

Anyhow- its in the current brochure- even if its not on their website.

10. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Its the RED 30 Day billpay SIM ONLY PLAN
        It says 3Gb on the website- however, the brochure in store says 7Gb
        Unfortunately my copy of the brochure is sitting on my desk in work- I can copy the relevant page and post it here on Monday (or you can pop into one of the stores- its the current brochure).

The special offers are changing- they are trying to get people onto the 1 year SIM only plan (they're extending the 25 Euro offer on it to the end of April)- so its possible they may be making the 30 day plan less attractive- to try and push the 12 month plan........?

Anyhow- its in the current brochure- even if its not on their website.

Thanks I'll drop into the store

11. Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

They do have some store exclusive plans which aren't ever referred to on the site.

The 30-day €30 with 7GB isn't too bad though. I certainly wouldn't be keen on going into a long term contract with vodafone as, if you run into a problem their support is a nightmare to deal with. But if you can just walk away freely if there is ever a problem that's a lot less hassle.

The 30-day €30 on the website is due to increase to 5GB from next month.

12. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Can someone paste the details of the plan changes that they got in the text message?

I'm looking at their plans on the website now and trying to figure out if they are the new or old ones. Thought the changes wouldn't appear until April 1st.

13. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

quarryman wrote: »
        Can someone paste the details of the plan changes that they got in the text message?

I'm looking at their plans on the website now and trying to figure out if they are the new or old ones. Thought the changes wouldn't appear until April 1st.

See attached

Advertisement