Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Callaghan Mills village

• 15-03-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I'm considering O'Callaghan Mills village, as a possible place to live. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this village ?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭babygirlz

I live close by and it seems like a nice quiet place to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It's very quiet. No shops anymore so you've to go to Broadford or Tulla if you forget the milk. Sadly there are a lot of empty houses which become more and more derelict as time goes by.

There seems to be a lot more community activity than years gone by, there's a facebook page for events which is great.

Lovely juvenile GAA pitch behind church & handball alley.

It's within easy commuting distance of Ennis, Limerick and Shannon as well. If you have kids, there's a Montessori school there for little ones and a nice primary school. Secondary school in Tulla as well served by bus.

Good amenities near by for hikers (12 o'clock hills) and anglers (lots of lakes). Pleasant scenery overall.

(Source: I grew up there, living elsewhere now but am often in the area.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,559 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I use to live just down the road and it's a lovely area. Great for walking and cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 shunney

Sounds like my type of place, thanks everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

If you like to live in an area that's nice and quiet, then you can't go wrong.
    I go down to my mothers house there once every 5-6 weeks just go get a break out of Dublin. I never do much only unwind & enjoy the peace & quiet of the area.
    It is a bit of a nuisance having no shop anymore but I always just stop in Broadford on my way. Most locals work elsewhere so I'm sure they just pick up their necessities on the way home from work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement