Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity Meter Reading - Read wrong

Options
  • 15-03-2017 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I am with Bord Gáis and was advised to contact ESB regarding this.

I have a problem with the meter reading read by ESB.

Last week one of the staff member came to read the meter at my house.
    The estimated reading on my bill was a lot higher than the actual reading so I thought it was a great opportunity to have my bill ammended.

However the actual reading is now registered 10 times more than the "correct" reading on my new bill.

bge.png
    This is the reading registered on Bord Gáis.

meter2.png
    This is the correct reading as of 12/03/17.

I have emailed reading@esb.ie with the picture last Sunday but have not heard back yet.  My level pay is due to go up by €135 early next month because of this.  Urgent help is needed.

I will PM my details.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Kairi,

ESB Networks are the people to contact regarding this query (for customers of all electricity providers).

ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter and their telephone number for such a query is 1850 372 757.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Kairi

Hi Una,

I did not know ESB and ESB Networks were two different companies.
    I will contact them now.
    Thank you.

Hi Kairi,

ESB Networks are the people to contact regarding this query (for customers of all electricity providers).

ESB Networks are not on Boards.ie but they are on Twitter and their telephone number for such a query is 1850 372 757.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 117 ✭✭alig123aileen

I have had a similar problem with bord gais. the dual fuel level pay offer they have is like putting your money on a horse in Cheltenham, when I went on it they told me I would save 10% on both bills but the bills went up so I rang them and they gave me 100 cashback to put it right but the next bill went up by double the original amount because of the 100e debit cashback. When they use an Estimate of usage it also throws the whole thing out. Also if your usage increases this is not factored in at all on your payment.

I wrote to them (no point in you ringing) and said my contract was with them and I had no intention of writing to esb that it was their duty of care under data protection to ensure my personal data (i'e. electricity used) was up to date and relevant and estimating a meter reading was not safeguarding my rights under data protection. That I was giving them five working days to issue me with a revised correct bill and if they increased my level payment I would take a case to the data protection commissioner. Ask for a copy of the terms and conditions you signed up to too and see what it says regarding you having to sort out incorrect meter readings with ESB I bet it says nothing at all. Theyt should sort it out with th eESB but maybe ESB are doing this kind of stuff ion purpose to make people change from bord gais its very competitive out there at present.

Anyway I won my case and didn't have to pay their ridiculous incorrect bill.

About time we stood up to this sort of nonsense from utility companies. Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Kairi,

Thanks for your post.

In the past, ESB was the contact for Networks queries (power-lines, meters, other technical matters) and billing queries.

Then it became two sections: ESB Networks and ESB Customer Supply. Later on (2011), ESB Customer Supply became Electric Ireland.

ESB Networks read the meters for all electricity billing companies.

If you have any other queries that we can assist with, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Una

________

Advertisement