Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughlinstown-Advice on the area

Options
  • 15-03-2017 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,

Looking at buying a house in Loughlinstown, Co Dublin and I'm getting such mixed reviews! I know there's have been previous threads of a similar nature but nothing in past year or so.

Houses we are looking at are close to the leisure centre. Location suits is as there is bus links to kids school etc...have heard that certain places are still pretty rough but not from anyone who lives there currently.

If anyone can advise, it would be much appreciated. We have young children and would like for them to be able to play outside etc....

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Where exactly near the leisure centre?
    Is it the council estates?
    Or more towards the entrance in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cmc79

I
    bubblypop wrote: »
    Where exactly near the leisure centre?
    Is it the council estates?
    Or more towards the entrance in?

loughlinstown woods and loughlinstown park are the places that we have been looking at, right behind the leisure centre.

Thanks

Its a decent area. Just take in mind how the Cherrywood development might affect quality of life in the area. What will getting onto the N11 be like when theres another 25000+ people living across the road.

Its a decent area. Just take in mind how the Cherrywood development might affect quality of life in the area. What will getting onto the N11 be like when theres another 25000+ people living across the road.

Good point! Agents suggest it would add value to the area as better shops and amenities nearby.

Imo, if you could buy anywhere else in the loughlinstown area, other than the woods or park, you would be better off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P as it's a general enquiry about the area and people here are likely to be more knowledgeable.

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Tiny houses, little or no gardens, no off street parking. Between that and the reputation of the estates, I'd definitely buy elsewhere.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

bubblypop wrote: »
    Imo, if you could buy anywhere else in the loughlinstown area, other than the woods or park, you would be better off.

yeah would echo this, i think that area would be probably see more than the average amount of anti-social behaviour in those areas

Thanks all for the feedback, I appreciate you taking the time. We will hold off bidding for those houses and try and get something in another area...shame that they aren't as affordable!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Silentreader

yeah would echo this, i think that area would be probably see more than the average amount of anti-social behaviour in those areas

I was looking at a house in rathmichael manor, is this one of the rough areas in Loughlinstown.

I'm not sure if this estate is really Shankill or Loughlinstown as I see another property in Parc na silla being listed as Shankill in daft.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Thestones

I was looking at a house in rathmichael manor, is this one of the rough areas in Loughlinstown.

I'm not sure if this estate is really Shankill or Loughlinstown as I see another property in Parc na silla being listed as Shankill in daft.ie

Beside the hospital? Not rough at all, it's a totally private housing estate, the other estates mentioned above are council/ex council, no where near rathmichael manor/park na sile, the address probably is loughlinstown, they are right off the loughlinstown roundabout but you could argue it's the edge of shankill which is what the estate agent would do. Rathmichael Manor is much nicer than Parc na sole but more expensive too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

as thestones said, you'll be fine.

Advertisement