Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tri suit advice

Options
  • 15-03-2017 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

So I'm buying my first tri suit and have a question regarding sleeveless v short sleeved

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/huub-mens-core-tri-suit/

or

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/huub-core-tri-suit-short-sleeves/

Did a bit of research and sounds like the short sleeved is relatively new and was designed to be more aero on the bike. That doesn't come into play for me

I'm leaning towards sleeveless as it will be more comfortable on the swim, correct? On the other side I can see myself going for a spin in the sleeved suit

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

you dont really want to spend 100 euro for your first tri suit ( of course you can if you want)
    you should get something decent for half the prize

and defo sleeveless and rather buy bibs and jersey for cycling.

make sure all fits well and you are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

peter kern wrote: »
    you dont really want to spend 100 euro for your first tri suit ( of course you can if you want)
    you should get something decent for half the prize

and defo sleeveless and rather buy bibs and jersey for cycling.

make sure all fits well and you are good.

Cheers Peter. They were just 2 examples I found. That suit got good reviews and I have seen it cheaper elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭zico10

Short sleeved suits are designed for long distance racing. As far as I know, in wetsuit swims, people who have them, wear the top half down to their waist and pull it up in T1. There might be more aero benefits to having a short sleeved top, but the reason I opt for one in long distance racing is so my shoulders don't get burnt.

Sleeveless would be more comfortable on the swim, but I've often swam with a short sleeved top underneath my wetsuit plenty of times. There was some chafing, but I've yet to lose my arms.

Unless you're buying the suit for a long distance race, I'd go sleeveless.

Additionally, whatever suit you do buy, I'd only wear it when racing. As far as tri clothing goes, race suits are relatively expensive and not very durable. Wear a cycling jersey and a pair of shorts for training. They'll last a lot longer and you'll get more races out of the tri-suit.

Advertisement