Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone coverage in D15

Options
  • 15-03-2017 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

I'm currently with Three, but can cancel my contract due to price changes they're bringing in so I'm considering switching. I haven't always been happy with the coverage they provide, for example it's often impossible to get a data signal if I'm at the shops near me and I can miss calls if I'm in a certain room in my house. Has anyone had any similar issues with coverage from Vodafone or Meteor in D15, particularly around Hartstown, or has it been all good? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Never had issues with three or meteor in D15 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Gate Automation

Vodafone has a better coverage. Take prepaid simcard and check first that suits you.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

Straylight wrote: »
    Has anyone had any similar issues with coverage from Vodafone or Meteor in D15, particularly around Hartstown, or has it been all good?

I'm just off the Diswellstown Road in Carpenterstown and I get 4G with Three.... when I'm upstairs :rolleyes: No complaints on coverage though.

I was hoping that I was on a contract that could be cancelled early too but unfortunately not. Bright side is price is the same mind you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Another plug for VF. bullet proof in these parts.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭DvB

With three myself... find the signal really bad (one bar at best, increases to 2 or 3 when I go up into the attic room) pretty much all of the time. It's the reason we decided not to get rid of the landline as we were missing too many calls relying on mobile signals only.

Was with vodafone briefly about 4 years ago & they were as bad though. o2 were by far the best but since being bought out by Three the signal has definitely dis-improved considerably.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭thomasj

Patww79 wrote:

Vodafone have the best coverage but the worst price plans, especially when it comes to data .

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Straylight

Thanks folks. It's pretty much as I suspected and it seems that I'll have to decide if I want to pay Vodafone more for their crappy data allowance, or put up with Three and accept that the coverage is going to be patchy but at least it's cheap. Is a service with good data allowances, good coverage and low prices too much to ask for? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Is a service with good data allowances, good coverage and low prices too much to ask for? :D

I'll just throw my vote here for Meteor. If you already have a phone, their SIM Only plans are the best, tick all the above boxes for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,250 ✭✭✭ongarite

Same as above I've no issues with Meteor around D15.

Comreg have a site where you can view masts from each network. If you work/live & travel within the coverage of their masts you should have no issues.
    http://siteviewer.comreg.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm currently with Vodafone but definitely had a better signal with Meteor in D15. I'm posting on WiFi but have one bar mobile signal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Thanks folks. It's pretty much as I suspected and it seems that I'll have to decide if I want to pay Vodafone more for their crappy data allowance, or put up with Three and accept that the coverage is going to be patchy but at least it's cheap. Is a service with good data allowances, good coverage and low prices too much to ask for? :D

VF have increased their data allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭RORY O CONNOR

I switched to 3 in October. The worst thing I ever did. Dropped calls, a lousy signal in my home-I am in Lucan, Co Dublin. I have to use my land line as when customers call me I can't hear them.

I complained to 3 about two months ago and was told it would be looked at. I rang again today to find the ticket was never actioned and a new ticket has now been started. I am actually thinking of buying out my contract to go back to Vodafone as continuing is too frustrating. Do not switch to 3-it will be a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I don't have access to an ex-O2 SIM card, those SIMs had access to base stations that actual three Sims weren't allowed to, maybe it's changed now

Anyway I tried out three, Vodafone and Meteor in the last couple of months in D15, mainly near the railway line and around Blanchardstown in general, and I found Vodafone to be the best, Meteor to be also good but not as good in other parts of Dublin, while Three were a distant third...

Advertisement