Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike shop north Dublin for gear indexing

Options
  • 15-03-2017 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I replaced the gear cable for my rear derailleur today as the cable was worn and would no longer change gears. I've spent the last hour trying to index my gears correctly. It's pretty close but not quite there. The gears aren't changing from highest to second highest or lowest to second lowest.

I don't really know what I'm doing, it's just been a lot of youtube and googling. So I'd like to bring it into a bike shop to have them fix it up but don't wanna get ripped off. Can anyone recommend a bike shop near Fairview or Clontarf that would help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Never used them myself but 360 cycles in Clontarf has had good reviews from any one I know that has used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Richie's in Swords
    Humphrey's in Finglas
    360 Cycles in Clontarf
    Jimmy's Bike Shop in Malahide

All have helped me out in the past and would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

It really is worth the effort to learn how to do it yourself as its not that tough when you get the gist of it. The link below is excellent, and I find that GCN is a great resource for most maintenance tasks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbk5RcH0bbQ

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Trekker09 wrote: »
    It really is worth the effort to learn how to do it yourself as its not that tough when you get the gist of it. The link below is excellent, and I find that GCN is a great resource for most maintenance tasks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bbk5RcH0bbQ

Would 2nd that. Its easy to do when you follow the instructions and save a few quid and time aswell

Advertisement