Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find who holds photographs from late Joe McGrath

Options
  • 15-03-2017 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,
    I am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction in finding out if anyone stores the photos taken by the late Joe McGrath. He took my wedding photos back in 2003. We were living abroad at the time and so while we got an album we didn't get any other photos as we moved frequently. That album has been damaged in a fire and now we have no photos to show of the day as believe it or not in 2003 the age of camera phones etc hadn't arrived. We have kids now and would love to be able to get some photos of the day esp since my husbands dad is no longer with us. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I don't know if his lovely wife Breda is still in Waterford or not as she may be able to help. I no longer live in Waterford and getting nowhere with phonecalls so hoping this will help. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

These are all gone to archive. Contact the council and assuming you know your wedding date (:eek:), you should get them handy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Blaa and Crisps

Thanks for that, will contact them

Hi, I contacted the council with no luck so if anybody else has any ideas I would appreciate it
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

What did they say? I know they took on his archives

hi, the lady from archives said they didn't have his photos on record and had a few official council related photographs from Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

I'd contact the local papers. They should be able to put you in touch with someone as I'd imagine he would have had dealings with them over the years?

Advertisement