Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't block bulksms sender

Options
  • 15-03-2017 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi I'm getting a number of sms mesaages daily from the following number 3474743. I've tried blocking the number.. sending the usual STOP and OPTOUT messages and I'm still getting texts even in the AM. I might add I havent signed up to any services. The number also shows up in my contacts list as my previous employer. The text messages contain my previous employers email address and both my desk and mobile number. Possibly a data breach?

I dropped over to the eMobile center in Liffey Valley today to raise the issue and hopefully resolve it.. I received very basic help.. blocking the number. I told them I'd already tried this and it hadn't worked. I was told to contact email support but for the life of me I can't find the address on your site. I don't understand why the rep in Liffey Valley didn't log and escalated a call for me today? I found the service poor to say the least.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This sounds like an email to SMS service. Is your previous employer still trading? Id check they havent setup a new feature and your account is still active on their end. 

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Wookster76

ED E wrote: »
    This sounds like an email to SMS service. Is your previous employer still trading? Id check they havent setup a new feature and your account is still active on their end. 
    The spam is coming from other companies.. usual email spam type stuff. I've contacted them and they have have no such service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Wookster76 wrote: »
    Hi I'm getting a number of sms mesaages daily from the following number 3474743. I've tried blocking the number.. sending the usual STOP and OPTOUT messages and I'm still getting texts even in the AM. I might add I havent signed up to any services. The number also shows up in my contacts list as my previous employer. The text messages contain my previous employers email address and both my desk and mobile number. Possibly a data breach?

I dropped over to the eMobile center in Liffey Valley today to raise the issue and hopefully resolve it.. I received very basic help.. blocking the number. I told them I'd already tried this and it hadn't worked. I was told to contact email support but for the life of me I can't find the address on your site. I don't understand why the rep in Liffey Valley didn't log and escalated a call for me today? I found the service poor to say the least.
    Hi Wookster76,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are having. Unfortunately, all we can do in this case is to block the number. If it ties to your previous employer you will have to contact them directly in order for them to remove you from their systems.

Thanks, 
    Pamela

Wookster76 wrote: »
    Hi I'm getting a number of sms messages daily from the following number 3474743. I've tried blocking the number.. sending the usual STOP and OPTOUT messages and I'm still getting texts even in the AM. I might add I havent signed up to any services. The number also shows up in my contacts list as my previous employer. The text messages contain my previous employers email address and both my desk and mobile number. Possibly a data breach?

Hi Wookster76,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are having. Unfortunately, all we can do in this case is to block the number. If it ties to your previous employer you will have to contact them directly in order for them to remove you from their systems.

Thanks, 
    Pamela
    Pamela its not actually my previous employer they do not use a sms service..Its some sort of spam I'm getting.. from a range of other companies and products.. THIS IS NOT FROM MY PREVIOUS EMPLOYER .. I don't have the number saved but the number comes up as the company name. As I said previously blocking the number on my phone is not working. I've already had 24 messages today.

Pamela can you escalate this please I've received another 34 messages today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi Wookster76,

Can you please PM me your mobile number, PIN and the name of the company that it is coming through and I will look into this with our tecnical support team?

Thanks,
    Anna.

Advertisement