Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting off

Options
  • 15-03-2017 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Simple things:

Want to start airsoft ASAP.
    Have 550 Euro.

400 for weapon. Preferably AEG.
    150 for gear.

Any suggestions?
    First or second hand?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

You will probably get more value going second hand, have you played before? If not I'd say go to a few of your local sites and avail of their rental packages and make sure you like it before spending any serious cash.
    Where in the country are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Midcaps are better than hicaps
    You will get a very decent aeg and co2 pistol second hand for 400
    What type of gear are you thinking? I'd buy good boots and a face setup
    And wait on the other stuff till you see if you are joining a team .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 xerezairsoft

thermo wrote: »
    You will probably get more value going second hand, have you played before? If not I'd say go to a few of your local sites and avail of their rental packages and make sure you like it before spending any serious cash.
    Where in the country are you?
    I'm in East Dublin, M.I.A. is pretty much my local shop, but I don't think they offer rentals.

Tigger wrote: »
    Midcaps are better than hicaps
    You will get a very decent aeg and co2 pistol second hand for 400
    What type of gear are you thinking? I'd buy good boots and a face setup
    And wait on the other stuff till you see if you are joining a team .
    I have a co2 pistol already, it's not bad. Just looking for an aeg. If by gear you mean protection etc. I normally play in woodland areas, so that would be the type of clothing and face protection I would be going for. What do you mean by I should wait before joining a team? Never knew there were 'teams' in the airsoft world, especially in Ireland..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I have a co2 pistol already, it's not bad. Just looking for an aeg. If by gear you mean protection etc. I normally play in woodland areas, so that would be the type of clothing and face protection I would be going for. What do you mean by I should wait before joining a team? Never knew there were 'teams' in the airsoft world, especially in Ireland..

Well I have a full set of call that doesn't match my team colours bcause I changed teams
    Flectarn.ie are good value for gear if you need clothing

• Advertisement

I'm in East Dublin, M.I.A. is pretty much my local shop, but I don't think they offer rentals.

I meant game sites :)
    I would check out hobby airsoft too as they have a huge selection of guns, gear, boots ect. A one stop shop.

Tigger wrote: »
    Well I have a full set of call that doesn't match my team colours bcause I changed teams
    Flectarn.ie are good value for gear if you need clothing
    Do you have any gun recommendations with which I can squeeze into the 400 euro point (including attachments)?

I meant game sites :)
    I would check out hobby airsoft too as they have a huge selection of guns, gear, boots ect. A one stop shop.
    hobbyairsoft are quite scarce in terms of weapons, putting it into perspective with airsofteire.com etc.
    Obviously, maybe they have less guns but better, do you have anything you can personally recommend?

Their selection in the shop is quite good, more than what's on the website and they have been quite good for me in the past bringing in odd ball guns and bits, on special orders.
    What type of gun do you like? I'd recommend if you like:
    M4's get a G&G raider
    Mp5's get a cyma
    AK's get a cyma ( model number CM 040 or higher)
    G36's get jing gong (JG)

Their selection in the shop is quite good, more than what's on the website and they have been quite good for me in the past bringing in odd ball guns and bits, on special orders.
    What type of gun do you like? I'd recommend if you like:
    M4's get a G&G raider
    Mp5's get a cyma
    AK's get a cyma ( model number CM 040 or higher)
    G36's get jing gong (JG)
    So far I've tried the G36C from HK, an ak47u and an M4.. I don't remember the make.
    I want something that would last me a long time without breaking.

I'm also Polish so I might be considering an AK :D

Anyways, most of the models that you mentioned, except from the G&G Raider M4, I can't really find online. Is it worth shipping any of these from outside of Ireland?

EDIT: Also, I heard that something like an m16 is easily upgradable. Do you have any knowledge of that?

• Advertisement

The raiders are on the hobby airsoft website, they also have several other m4's within your budget.
    Aks are are good ( better than m4's for reliability IMO). Cyma like I said make some of the best without breaking the bank.
    M16 types are easy to upgrade ( internally) but not easier than than say an AK or full metal mp5.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Phillyf9

Theres great people on here selling stuff and I'm pretty​ sure I came across an ad on here where someone is selling everything you need for around your budget..Hope that helps.

Advertisement