Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Build ( Help )

Options
  • 15-03-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

Hi, Folks 4 to 5 years ago I came in here hoping for help when it came to my first PC build FX8350/ 79050 Sabertooth 990fx r2.0 and 8 gigs of ram it's served me well, in fact, it's been great.

But I can't escape the niggling truth is it's getting old and can't maintain 60fps even with a Rx480 8gb if anything its bottlenecking?

I'sd like to go with Ryzen 1700X-1800X, I've got 1x RX 480 8gb ill give crossfire a go if it doesn't work, ill upgrade from there but I am curious.

Suggestions welcome any thoughts or opinions will be accepted

1. What is your budget? €1400

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer?

Gaming/Streaming/Video and Image editing

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No, it's going to be sent to a farm :D.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? OH GOD YES

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser/PayPal

9. When are you purchasing? [Over 3 Months] Because my funds are some what limited.

Advertisement