Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random insurance policy number

Options
  • 15-03-2017 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Anyone have a policy beginning GLCUP, if so what insurance company is it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

That's not familiar, but I'm usually good at this. Can I ask where you got the number from, insurance disc, broker letter, policy document etc.?

Are there just numbers after the letters and, if so, how many?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭vanman99

Hi, It was given to me by a Guard, Car Insurance apparently, 11 digits, 6 letters then 5 numbers. I'm guessing it's a false number they gave the Guard but checking if anyone is familiar as they didn't give the company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well I know that Liberty use the following;

GEI/QMP/123456789 - Car Policy
    GEI/QMB/123456789 - Motorcycle Policy

Whats the reason for needing to know? You insurance company might know from dealing with claims which ones link to which companies.

I'm trying to work out who do i call to start the ball rolling. i have the policy number but i think it's bull, I also have a number plate which doesn't exist. I'll start with my own insurance company but i think the details that were given to the Guard are false and those are the details passed on to me.

It obviously relates to an accident then, which you should report to your insurers, even if you are not at fault. If they can't locate the insurer themselves, the MIBI will give it to them quick enough, providing it's legit of course

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

vanman99 wrote: »
    I'm trying to work out who do i call to start the ball rolling. i have the policy number but i think it's bull, I also have a number plate which doesn't exist. I'll start with my own insurance company but i think the details that were given to the Guard are false and those are the details passed on to me.

Let you own insurance company deal with this.

Where you there with the Garda? I'd be fairly sure, a fake reg isn't going to get past a Garda radioing in for a reg check unless its a clone, it would also give the Garda with insurance expiry dates.

No, it was property damage done by a car. The car was at the scene for long enough for the Garda to get the details but the details they passed on were fake reg and a policy number that no one recognizes. I've rang the Garda station so will wait for the Garda on the scene to get back to me and see if the note that was left for me matches the information he has.

vanman99 wrote: »
    No, it was property damage done by a car. The car was at the scene for long enough for the Garda to get the details but the details they passed on were fake reg and a policy number that no one recognizes. I've rang the Garda station so will wait for the Garda on the scene to get back to me and see if the note that was left for me matches the information he has.

Wait and see if the Garda has what you are looking for. You can contact the MIBI who will trace it for you (if legit), but a quicker way would be to contact the Insurance Federation, who should be able to check with their member companies on your behalf

Advertisement