Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What cars or jeeps fit 3 car seats?

Options
  • 16-03-2017 1:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

What cars or jeeps fit 3 car seats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

We have been through this recently (group 2-3 seat, group 1 seat and group 0/baby seat) and finally settled on the Renault Grand Scenic as it is actually a 7 seater, reasonably priced, well specc'd and when last 2 seats are folder has massive boot (comfortably fits the out n about twin stroller folded with space left)

The Renault Scenic is the 5 seater version and almost identical expect the boot is not as big.

You will also have the likes of the opel Zafira, Peugot 5008 and Citreon C4 Picasso as options.

It really depends on what types of car seats you have as some normal cars which will fit 3 x "group 2-3" seats..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

There's very few unless you go down the seven seater road. It also depends on what age the children are. We've just had our third child but we've managed to squeeze three seats in our Tucson because the eldest is 6 and we only have her on a booster cushion which isn't ideal but it's the only way they'd fit. We also changed the seat for our almost 4 year old to a much narrower seat which helped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The new shape mondeo will, depending on the seats you have. It would be awkward though to do up a buckle on a booster. A ford c max also might. I assume most 7 seaters have three full seats too.
    There's a couple of car seats that are particularly narrow. The diono radian 5 is one. It's suitable from newborn, and I know people have gotten three of those across the back of a Passat, as well as a couple of other not massive cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RoundTheWorld

I have a high back booster, toddler seat, and infant seat in my Toyota Verso, boot is huge too.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭jakeypooh

The land rover discovery 4 fits 3 car seats across the back. Isofix baby seat behind passenger seat, high bqck booster in middle and britax evolva 123 behind drivers seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

Citroen C4 grand picasso has three full-sized isofix seats in the back (plus 2 optional fold down seats in the boot).
    We have a Britax Maxway, isofix infant seat and a teenager comfortably in back row

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

Volkswagon Passat, it will be tight and it depends what size seats etc. but it can be done

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Got 2 high backed boosters and 1 car seat (for 2 year old) into my Hyundai i40.

Bit tight putting belt in middle seat but well doable

Advertisement