Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big Brother Canada 2017

• 16-03-2017 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭

This started back last night with a cringeworthy sci-fi theme.

8 new contestants, 8 returnees.

It sounds like they have a lot of interesting new twists ahead (which will probably be a complete letdown when they happen).

I'll watch a few anyway... maaaaaaybe it'll be good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I said after last season, that I wouldn't watch it again this year, but now that I've seen this thread, I give it a few hours before I cave in and actually watch the first episode...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Looks like the one housemate I'd like to see return is back so I'll give it a watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'll give it another week tops, but I don't think I'll make it through this season. It's pretty terrible.

I didn't bother checking it out in the end. Happy with that decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I quit halfway through the second HoH episode and instead went back and started watching Home & Away from the very beginning (1988)... Much much better use of my time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

Jesus, you're all a bit quick to judge. Try watching the feeds.

I've got sucked back in after watching the entirety of this week. It doesn't help itself with all the ****e twists though. That's exactly why I turned my back on it.

Yeah I'm still watching too but I'm a bit behind and it's at the bottom of my to-watch pile.

Anyone stick with it? I got properly sucked back in.

Gave up after about 10 episodes. Does it get better?

• Advertisement

I honestly don't know at this stage. I'm still watching so I guess that says something but I somehow watched all of last season without particularly liking it.

It feels like the past few weeks have been close enough to 'classic big brother' for me to like it although they just threw in a Canadian BB twist that tested my patience.

There's not long to go so I'll stick it out until the end of the season but I don't plan on being watching this time next year.

Nah gave up after the first week. I think the problem is that there's too much other good stuff on at the moment - Big Brother US can get away with having a bad season and I'll still watch because there's f€ck all else on during the summer, but BBCan doesn't have that same luxury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

I'm still watching...

Double eviction saved it for me, I was ready to throw in the towel before it. Karen is pure comedy - love her!

Down to final 4 now so I will hang on until the end.

Big Brother Canada has well and truly blown all its international rivals away in terms of production values. They've really taken it to a whole new level. It's all utterly pointless as it adds absolutely nothing to the game and they'd be much better off sticking as close as possible to the classic format.

Big Brother Canada is Cancelled... No Season 6.

Didn't watch any of this season, but can't say I'm surprised by this cancellation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

Big Brother Canada is Cancelled... No Season 6.

Didn't watch any of this season, but can't say I'm surprised by this cancellation.

What?? I'm actually really shocked. This last season wasn't amazing but I didn't think it was that bad!Viewing figures must have been down in the dumps.

Aw, I'm wicked disappointed over that :(

Wow, that is a surprise to me too.

Wow... surprised at that too.

Having said that, I never went back after episode 10.

Advertisement