Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica 2017/2018 Worldwired Tour

Options
  • 16-03-2017 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

No Irish dates!!!! :(:(:(

Sep 4, 2017 Amsterdam, Netherlands Ziggo Dome
    Sep 6, 2017 Amsterdam, Netherlands Ziggo Dome
    Sep 8, 2017 Paris, France AccorHotels Arena
    Sep 10, 2017 Paris, France AccorHotels Arena
    Sep 12, 2017 Lyon, France Halle Tony Garnier
    Sep 14, 2017 Cologne, Germany Lanxess Arena
    Sep 16, 2017 Cologne, Germany Lanxess Arena
    Oct 22, 2017 London, UK The O2 Arena
    Oct 24, 2017 London, UK The O2 Arena
    Oct 26, 2017 Glasgow, UK The SSE Hydro
    Oct 28, 2017 Manchester, UK Manchester Arena
    Oct 30, 2017 Birmingham, UK Genting Arena
    Nov 1, 2017 Antwerp, Belgium Sportpaleis
    Nov 3, 2017 Antwerp, Belgium Sportpaleis
    Feb 1, 2018 Lisbon, Portugal MEO Arena
    Feb 3, 2018 Madrid, Spain Wizink Center
    Feb 5, 2018 Madrid, Spain Wizink Center
    Feb 7, 2018 Barcelona, Spain Palau Sant Jordi
    Feb 10, 2018 Turin, Italy Pala Alpitour
    Feb 12, 2018 Bologna, Italy Unipol Arena
    Feb 14, 2018 Bologna, Italy Unipol Arena
    Feb 16, 2018 Mannheim, Germany SAP Arena
    Mar 27, 2018 Herning, Denmark Jyske Bank Boxen
    Mar 29, 2018 Hamburg, Germany Barclaycard Arena
    Mar 31, 2018 Vienna, Austria Wiener Stadthalle
    Apr 2, 2018 Prague, Czech Republic O2 Arena
    Apr 5, 2018 Budapest, Hungary Sports Arena
    Apr 7, 2018 Stuttgart, Germany Schleyerhalle
    Apr 9, 2018 Stuttgart, Germany Schleyerhalle
    Apr 11, 2018 Geneva, Switzerland Palexpo
    Apr 26, 2018 Munich, Germany Olympiahalle
    Apr 28, 2018 Krakow, Poland Tauron Arena
    Apr 30, 2018 Leipzig, Germany Leipzig Arena
    May 2, 2018 Oslo, Norway Telenor Arena
    May 5, 2018 Stockholm, Sweden Ericsson Globe
    May 7, 2018 Stockholm, Sweden Ericsson Globe
    May 9, 2018 Helsinki, Finland Hartwall Arena
    May 11, 2018 Helsinki, Finland Hartwall Arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

£95 (110euro) plus fee's for standing

Not while they have holes in their arses will i pay that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

scudzilla wrote: »
    £95 (110euro) plus fee's for standing

Not while they have holes in their arses will i pay that

Very saucy ,but they know well that they will easily get it .

They are like U2 now ,more a corporation than a band.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Aiming for Glasgow

Booked a hotel next door to the arena just there for €67 for the night

What did we do to them here in Ireland ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Gig prices have obviously increased significantly, but we should factor in that these bands are receiving much far less from album sales with Spotify, illegal downloading etc.
    (Depending on your age), if you factor in what you pay to listen to music now, as opposed to 10 years ago, for me anyway there’s a difference of up around €1,000 a year.
    I’m still careful as to what I will dish my money out for. Wouldn’t pay €100 for Metallica or Eddie Vedder. Love them, have seen them before, would love to see them again, but anything up around the €100 is too much for me. Will pay €40 for Future Islands, Alt J etc for Trinity gigs. Thinking of parting with €70 for Iron Maiden, but being a bit stubborn on that one – overpriced. I much prefer my Vicar St gigs for €20/€30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

You can register on metallica.com for free and you will get code for pre-sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

interesting to see they don't play two shows in successive nights, that probably also has an impact on the ticket prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

As their preferred gig set up is "in the round", Dublin simply doesn't have a suitable venue.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

poundhound wrote: »
    As their preferred gig set up is "in the round", Dublin simply doesn't have a suitable venue.

First time in over a decade they do an indoor tour...
    (this might explain the high prices this time)
    So, why not play the point?

Marley '08 was sold out
    Marley '07 felt 50% to 60% sold.
    (is this the reason they never came back?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

sabrewulf wrote: »
    First time in over a decade they do an indoor tour...
    (this might explain the high prices this time)
    So, why not play the point?

Marley '08 was sold out
    Marley '07 felt 50% to 60% sold.
    (is this the reason they never came back?)

They played 2 nights at the odyssey in May 2010.
    The 3 arena isn't suitable for their in the round stage set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Tallica's 96 show in the Point was in the round and worked out great. If U2 can make the O3 work for I+e then so can SF's finest.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Tallica's 96 show in the Point was in the round and worked out great. If U2 can make the O3 work for I+e then so can SF's finest.

From looking at a few videos of Metallica's recent gigs in Copenhagen ,their setup seems very simplistic .
    Its a small stage in the centre of the arena with no video screens or major rigging.

If U2 and Muse can get their much more advanced and bigger 360 setups into the 3arena then there is no reason Metallica cant .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

poundhound wrote: »

They played two 'in the round' gigs in the SSE Arena in Belfast a few years back.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Thinking back to the days of £8 in the Top Hat for the ...And Justice For All Tour, with Danzig as backup.

I've seen them many times but that was the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'd pay €110 if it had been the same as the American Tour. Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

A good 3 weeks open in thta schedule, could easilybe added. It would be nice to see them indoors again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A good 3 weeks open in thta schedule, could easilybe added. It would be nice to see them indoors again

It says "please note that no additional shows will be added in this part of the world in the immediate future, so you can plan your own leg of the tour now" on their website so unless 'the immediate future' gives them licence to add more dates later, I'd say that's all the gigs there'll be.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,768 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Wooderson wrote: »

Best concert I ever went to. Couldn't lift my head for a few days after though due to excessive headbanging :eek:

Got Lars' cup that he drank Coke from too ;)

It says "please note that no additional shows will be added in this part of the world in the immediate future, so you can plan your own leg of the tour now" on their website so unless 'the immediate future' gives them licence to add more dates later, I'd say that's all the gigs there'll be.

They might play the leeds/reading festival in August 2018 and we might get a warm up gig in Marley Park or something but looks like they may take summer 2018 off or do another US Tour

It's nothing against us Irish it's just business

Jofspring wrote: »
    I'd pay €110 if it had been the same as the American Tour. Metallica, Avenged Sevenfold and Volbeat.

Standing tickets for the US outdoor leg are an astronomical 180 bucks though.
    110 euro for indoor standing is a bargain in comparison (well its not really ,its still very expensive).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

What prices are tickets in the other European cities like Germany Italy France etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I was at the Cirque Du Soleil in the 3 earlier this year and that was very much an "in the round" show. They just had seating on the floor that circled the stage. No reason why they couldnt do it for Metallica with the floor standing then the normal tiered seating.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I was at the Cirque Du Soleil in the 3 earlier this year and that was very much an "in the round" show. They just had seating on the floor that circled the stage. No reason why they couldnt do it for Metallica with the floor standing then the normal tiered seating.

Muse did exactly that for their 360 stage in April.
    Not sure what the capacity in this setup would be ,but it would surely be over 11k.

Metallica are primarily interested in money so perhaps the capacity isnt high enough to interest them.

muse-concert-at-3-arena.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

6 weeks free between Cologne and London ... they might be ar$ed to come here ?
    It's seems to be all about the money with M€tallic$ ....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Well, I'm tempted to go for Manchester.
    Anyone know any presale codes? Or discount codes? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Zwillinge wrote: »

Post No. 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

Zardoz wrote: »
    Muse did exactly that for their 360 stage in April.
    Not sure what the capacity in this setup would be ,but it would surely be over 11k.

Metallica are primarily interested in money so perhaps the capacity isnt high enough to interest them.

muse-concert-at-3-arena.jpg

Metallica would have a bigger stage than that ,but judging by the Belfast footage from 2010 something that size is doable in the 3 arena.

If its something the scale of cunning stunts or the through the never film , probably not. Metallica are not gonna go out of their way to make it work like the U2 did ,its not their home town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Well, I'm tempted to go for Manchester.

Absolutely shocking price with shoddy support in tow, whats gets me is if you've never seen them I'd say go but who is that younger fans? For the most part its those that have seen them multiple times who have the money to spend on this overpriced 2017 version of Metallica. Has a knock on effect on affording to support bands who'd value your money more which is what I'd rather do.

So anyway with that said Z, if you truly want my pre-sale code throw me a PM as I clearly won't be using. (It's 2 tickets per code)

The ticket price is expensive but I was prepared for it as I was expecting to be travelling too see them

For Glasgow Seated Ticket will cost me about €130 approx, Hotel is €91 for the night, flights about €50 , about €300 spending money. In hindsight it's a lot of money for a day trip but it's my version of a sun holiday and I have the opportunity to travel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

mrcheez wrote: »
    ('96 - The Point Depot) Best concert I ever went to. Couldn't lift my head for a few days after though due to excessive headbanging :eek:

Got Lars' cup that he drank Coke from too ;)

I feel ya man. Caught Lars' Drumstick in Frankfurt 1992...
    Two seconds after catching it, there were around twenty hands on it trying to take it from me, so I quickly squatted and crawled a few meters back to secure it. Good times! It's still on my wall in the man cave among other memorabilia caught at gigs over the years... :D

Advertisement