Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica 2017/2018 Worldwired Tour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

lbj666 wrote: »
    Zardoz wrote: »
    Muse did exactly that for their 360 stage in April.
    Not sure what the capacity in this setup would be ,but it would surely be over 11k.

Metallica are primarily interested in money so perhaps the capacity isnt high enough to interest them.

muse-concert-at-3-arena.jpg

Metallica would have a bigger stage than that ,but judging by the Belfast footage from 2010 something that size is doable in the 3 arena.

If its something the scale of cunning stunts or the through the never film , probably not. Metallica are not gonna go out of their way to make it work like the U2 did ,its not their home town.

Based on the ticketmaster seating plan for the Metallica shows it looks like it should fit into the venue alright. Although I can see the logistics of having very few fans one side then everyone the other not working too well, which stage design wise didn't affect Muse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

which stadium would be better to catch them, manchester or glasgow?

im living in edinburgh so glasgow is obviously closer but is manchester stadium any better or all the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

zweton wrote: »
    which stadium would be better to catch them, manchester or glasgow?

im living in edinburgh so glasgow is obviously closer but is manchester stadium any better or all the same?

Was in both arenas in the past. Manchester Arena is an ice hockey type arena and the Hydro in Glasgow is a dome type arena but both places are class venues with supurb views and sound (saw Motley Crue in Manchester and WWE in The Hydro but heard the sound for gig's is amazing there). Glasgow for me but the stage design of Metallica's show will be good no matter where you see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The ticket price is expensive but I was prepared for it as I was expecting to be travelling too see them

For Glasgow Seated Ticket will cost me about €130 approx, Hotel is €91 for the night, flights about €50 , about €300 spending money. In hindsight it's a lot of money for a day trip but it's my version of a sun holiday and I have the opportunity to travel
    €300 spending money for a day trip in Glasgow??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Hydro is a stunning venue for Metallica. Recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Manchester Arena is a great venue. Was there on Limp Bizkit/Korn and Green Day. Sound was great. Highly recommended.

Pelvis wrote: »
    €300 spending money for a day trip in Glasgow??

Work out at about £250 Merch at show, transport from/back top Airport, food/drink etc

A T-shirt at a UK show could cost £35 or more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Anyone been to Genting Arena in Birmingham? Thing I might go for that one! Date suits me best.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭trey99

Gig prices have obviously increased significantly, but we should factor in that these bands are receiving much far less from album sales with Spotify, illegal downloading etc.
    (Depending on your age), if you factor in what you pay to listen to music now, as opposed to 10 years ago, for me anyway there’s a difference of up around €1,000 a year.
    I’m still careful as to what I will dish my money out for. Wouldn’t pay €100 for Metallica or Eddie Vedder. Love them, have seen them before, would love to see them again, but anything up around the €100 is too much for me. Will pay €40 for Future Islands, Alt J etc for Trinity gigs. Thinking of parting with €70 for Iron Maiden, but being a bit stubborn on that one – overpriced. I much prefer my Vicar St gigs for €20/€30.

Well maiden sold out so unfortunately it will be impossible to get a secondary ticket., and this show will be one to rrmember. paperless requires credit card upon entry., metsllica are all about the big arenas now, i read it in a interview with lars, anything smaller than 15 thousand or so will not happen easily, its all about filling their pockets before the door slams shut. When i seen them in rds back in 2003 i swore never again, just the way lars played and has done so since has me hating the live performance, he can't even open up with creeping death normally anymore, its a silly snare role he comes out with rather than the big tom role into it.. very lazy performer ever since. And i refuse to pay to watch somebody under perform when they are getting paid so much. I'm guaranteed a great performance from maiden and im paying less for it to. Also regardless of ticket sales every band is paid in advance for their shows.. its not based on how many tickets they sell, they could sell 100 and still get paid their asking price of say 1 million. Its the promotion companies etc that charge the ticket price to make back what they paid the band already plus booking expenses etc.. and if they dont make back what they spent then they will not offer metallica to play here because they are not convinced they will make back a profit. Bands dont decide where to play necessarily, they are approached by the promotion companies of that country to offer them a price for playing, its business.. and its at times complicated.. metallica just announce they are ready to tour and then offers come in from countries promotion companies. So its not we done something that they won't play here, its the promotion companies that won't push for them to come here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

trey99 wrote: »
    Well maiden sold out so unfortunately it will be impossible to get a secondary ticket., and this show will be one to rrmember. paperless requires credit card upon entry.

Well you wont be getting a secondary ticket for any of Metallicas UK gigs either
    To assist in the prevention of resale, the name of the lead booker who places the order will be printed on each ticket for this concert. In order to gain entry to the venue, ticket holders will be asked to present PHOTO ID matching the name printed on their order. This means that each ticket purchaser must enter the concert at the same time as his or her guests.

• Advertisement

Got tickets for Manchester and Geneva.

Super Happy!!!

Tickets for a gig in Geneva 131.90 CHF :eek::eek::eek:

No food for me for next month.

Got my Glasgow ticket

€117.17

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

PTH2009 wrote: »

Not a f@&!ing hope of that being successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Greg81 wrote: »
    Got tickets for Manchester and Geneva.

Super Happy!!!

Tickets for a gig in Geneva 131.90 CHF :eek::eek::eek:

No food for me for next month.

Wow...... Thats hardcore !!!
    I loved Met, but feel they have become , i dunno, less relevant to music today than they have been . (waiting for abuse)
    Their legacy shaped a lot of rock music, and their setlists at gigs reflects that, (lots of early stuff played).
    If they did come here , im doubtful that i would pay that much for a ticket, considering they will play 75/80% of the songs i have seen them play 8/10 times previously...

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Not a f@&!ing hope of that being successful.

Unless they all donate €1000 each to help get them here ..... :D

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

greenspurs wrote: »
    Unless they all donate €1000 each to help get them here ..... :D

PMSL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

what are the chances of the glasgow gig selling out soon? cant affoed it at the mo but maybe next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

zweton wrote: »
    what are the chances of the glasgow gig selling out soon? cant affoed it at the mo but maybe next month.

I'd imagine all the gigs will sell out within a few hours of going on sale.

20170210_004610_7549_968612.jpeg

Pic from one of the dannish shows (with the expected Euro tour stage setup). That setup would work in the 3arena , no big screen either

20170115_160000_7549_965798.jpeg
    The setup from the Asian leg of the tour earlier this year would also suite the 3arena (and looks a lot cooler than the round stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭snoopy84

I'm considering travelling over to the UK but have no idea where would be best to see them. I'm also considering just heading back to airport after gig and a few drinks. Any recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

snoopy84 wrote: »
    I'm considering travelling over to the UK but have no idea where would be best to see them. I'm also considering just heading back to airport after gig and a few drinks. Any recommendations?

Birmingham, the arena is right beside the airport and there is a shuttle that goes between the two for free

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I'm trying to get Manchester tickets. Having no luck, devastated!!!

Anyone else trying right now from Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Pink11 wrote: »
    I'm trying to get Manchester tickets. Having no luck, devastated!!!

Anyone else trying right now from Ireland??

Yes.... took forever to get to the page and supposedly no Manchester tickets at all now.

EDIT: seated tickets have appeared but I want standing and there are none.

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Yes.... took forever to get to the page and supposedly no Manchester tickets at all now.

I've tried the app too, NOTHING. I was ready and waiting at 9am. And I'm NOT buying seatwave tickets for 6 times the cost.

Feel like crying. Ticketmaster is awful lately. I think scammers get the pre sale codes so there's none left for real fans.

I've tried the app too, NOTHING. I was ready and waiting at 9am. And I'm NOT buying seatwave tickets for 6 times the cost.

Feel like crying. Ticketmaster is awful lately. I think scammers get the pre sale codes so there's none left for real fans.

If you refresh the page supposed tickets appear and then disappear... it's a mess as usual. I even got as far as a captcha a couple of times but end up at a there are NO tickets page.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Eventim for Manchester Arena!

Axs for London for anyone interested

Standing is sold out for Manchester

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Eventim for Manchester Arena!

Axs for London for anyone interested

Standing is sold out for Manchester

Just got tickets for London through axs. Ticketmaster are a disgrace.

Giving up... got as far as entering CC info on the eventim page for standing in Manchester but booted out in end....

I think scammers get the pre sale codes so there's none left for real fans.

You could get a code on Metallica website for free. Check post No.6

• Advertisement

Thanks, wish I had thought to check here first.

Can't get standing or even Tier 1 tickets.

I don't want Tier 2, it's too far back. Gutted

Advertisement