Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica 2017/2018 Worldwired Tour

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Oh, just got Tier 1 tickets on eventim, thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

D.Q wrote: »
    Just got tickets for London through axs. Ticketmaster are a disgrace.

Ticketmaster get a tiny allocation for the Manchester Arena and the O2 ,the bulk goes to Eventim and AXS.

Its a waste of time buying tickets for big events at those venues on Ticketmaster ,will be sold out in minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

heres a look at the Euro tour stage

imo not the most impressive given the ticket price but its all about the music, were not going to a Kiss or u2 show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »

heres a look at the Euro tour stage

imo not the most impressive given the ticket price but its all about the music, were not going to a Kiss or u2 show

They only used that for 3 one off gigs in Copenhagen so they might improve it by the time they start the proper Euro tour.
    They will surely have to add some video screens .

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭glucifer

Zardoz wrote: »
    They only used that for 3 one off gigs in Copenhagen so they might improve it by the time they start the proper Euro tour.
    They will surely have to add some video screens .

It's has video screens on the floor and ceiling

• Advertisement

glucifer wrote: »
    It's has video screens on the floor and ceiling

cool but feel bad for the guys who will be up in the gods they prob wont see much of those screens

Row A of Block 206 In Glasgow for me :D:D:D:D so will see it all i hope

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

Will be very strange standing at this set up

heres pick i took for the wwe in the Hydro in Glasgow (from section 205)

15078673_10207378755219150_6086024040130198329_n.jpg?oh=e4840603b2f26a0a6d1910f3979a3014&oe=5957F2CE

Take out the tron and ramp and add a few more people standing Metallicas stage will prob be where the ring is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

heres pick i took for the wwe in the Hydro in Glasgow (from section 205)

Take out the tron and ramp and add a few more people standing Metallicas stage will prob be where the ring is

Similar levels of pantomime too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

I got standing in Manchester. Will let you know how it was ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Similar levels of pantomime too.

"Are you with me....?"
    "ARE YOU WITH MEEEEEEEE..." :rolleyes:

I miss spontaneity ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »
    "Are you with me....?"
    "ARE YOU WITH MEEEEEEEE..." :rolleyes:

I miss spontaneity ........

Tallica Family!!!!
    Tallica Family!!!!

Some fans must have some money as some of them on metclub are putting up the list of all the shows there going too on the tour some are going to 12+

Some fans must have some money as some of them on metclub are putting up the list of all the shows there going too on the tour some are going to 12+

WOW !!! Thats serious dedication, Fair play to them... :eek:
    I would love to know how much they change the set list around tho...

They do seem to change it around a bit. There seems to be 3 categories of songs.

- the old reliables (always played and almost always on the same spot in the set)
    - a few songs from the new album
    - the interchangeable songs that a few are played each night.

No doubting there commitment and dedication but sometimes I find these Superfans a bit smug with there roll call system for barrier positions, know it all band knowledge etc

There addicts

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

PTH2009 wrote:
    No doubting there commitment and dedication but sometimes I find these Superfans a bit smug with there roll call system for barrier positions, know it all band knowledge etc

Their superfans are also bloody boring, they're a great band, but I don't wanna see virtually the same set night after night. Their best is long past them but I would like to see them again, once would be enough for me

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Their best is long past them but I would like to see them again, once would be enough for me

Yes, i agree .
    I think they look like a band going through the motions, from their (seemingly scripted) Adlibs between songs, to the 95% always the same set lists ...
    I see Megadeth are on tour also ... :P

Anyway .... Bang the head that doesnt bang ... :D

They probably always 'scripted' the in-between song banter but before YouTube and camera phones we didn't see it. I wonder was there much spontaneity back in good old days?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

There addicts

I met a few at a festival in Belgium a few years back. I cant remember how many shows they had been to, but it was 100+

These guys were in their 50s, and you have never met religious people who are as defensive of their faith as these guys were of the band! It was funny and sad in equal measure!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,499 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

gucci wrote: »
    I met a few at a festival in Belgium a few years back. I cant remember how many shows they had been to, but it was 100+

These guys were in their 50s, and you have never met religious people who are as defensive of their faith as these guys were of the band! It was funny and sad in equal measure!

theres no doubt the importance of this band to the world of metal, but there are tons of equally as good, if no better bands out there now. ive seen metallica nearly 10 times now, seeing them over and over on the same tour would bore the life out of me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

gucci wrote: »

The sad thing is that they actually count the number of times they have seen a band.
    Its like a badge that they wear, "I've seen them 67 times","oh Ive seen them 79 times".
    Seriously who the hell keeps count of how many times they have seen a band play ??

I might go and see a band twice on a tour especially if they mix the setlist up but that's rare enough these days.
    Most acts shows are heavily choreographed and set in stone ,even the jokes or chatter are the same .
    I suppose its a nice way to tour Europe ,going around to different cities and gigs ,but its very expensive and I can think of better ways to spend my money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Yep I actually had to scratch my head to figure out how many times I had seen them live (which I think was 4 (5th time at that festival)) but even at that I knew practically every lighting and firework que for each song and practically what song would follow next!!

They always put on a good show, but yes, I would personally prefer to watch different bands and festivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Is anyone else going to Birmingham?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

Yup. Looking forward to it. I would imagine security will be ramped up.

Glasgow for me

Flying over the morning of the gig and back the next day. The Hotel I'm staying in is next door too the arena

Have a Row A seat in level 1 too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Manchester and Geneva for me. Standing both gigs.

Glasgow Ticket arrived dis morning :D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement