Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boro sack Aitor Karanka

• 16-03-2017 11:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Just broke on Sky Sports News there.

Not that surprised really. Had plenty of time to try and improve things but they're only going one way.

Ranieri a good bet I wonder.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

meh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Will be interesting to see if they go for newer manager from outside England or rehash the same old managers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

The only strange thing is that they waited until today, five days after their last game and only three days before their next game. Maybe it was another player revolt.

I just don't see any new manager having an immediate impact with this side. They are probably as well drilled defensively as they are going to get. If they suddenly try to play more expansive football they might get ripped apart.

Alan Pardew would be my bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Theyre going to need a manager that could save them but would ultimately be able to bring them up from the championship should that happen.

Pardew?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Paging Steve McClaren

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Shame as I quite liked Karanka but no surprise really.

It's a funny one, they do really well defensively but haven't a hope in hell of scoring. I can't see who can change that about them. It's not like they can suddenly sign the goalscorers needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Please have a new manager/caretaker bounce :)

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Bye-tor Karanka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Get Southgate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Pearson the bookies favourite but that could easily just be a lazy assumption because he played there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

CSF wrote: »
    Pearson the bookies favourite but that could easily just be a lazy assumption because he played there.

There was talk they approached him when Karanka walked out a year ago.

Their biggest problem is goalscoring, as said above I don't know how they can fix that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

CSF wrote: »

There was talk they approached him when Karanka walked out a year ago.

Their biggest problem is goalscoring, as said above I don't know how they can fix that.
    They could definitely go with a more attacking setup. They're definitely a team who place more emphasis on being solid than creative. Problem is that attacking football doesn't necessarily mean winning football. No extra points on offer for losing 3-2 than 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its a bit lousy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Get Southgate :)

Leave Southgate exactly where he is thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

monkey9 wrote: »
    Leave Southgate exactly where he is thank you very much.

God, yeah, totally forgot he's England manager now. heh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The name that sticks out to me is Alan Pardew. Scoring goals has been a problem and Pardew's team never have that problem.

Advertisement