Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pannier on road bike

Options
  • 16-03-2017 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys. Thinking about doing mizen to malin solo over the summer with very little gear. Can anyone recommend a panier for a giant defy 2 (2014) size m. I plan on staying in b&bs so just planning on taking the bare essentials. Any other advice would be highly welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

put a bag on the back of your saddle instead. Avoids the weight overhead of a pannier. You'll easy get a change of clothes and a basic wash bag in about 3kg of weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 www.bored.ie

Even though I'm planning on travelling light, i think a saddle bag may be too small.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

I've camped around France and elsewhere for weeks with a Carradice Nelson Longflap saddle bag on a road bike. With a support under it you can carry a lot in the 20 litre bag, the two large side pockets and then extend the flap over say a tent, sleeping bag and sleeping pad. For the kind of credit card travel you're looking at you could even downgrade to a smaller version.

Here's a snap: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6v5-u4CMAMCYh5.png

Advertisement