Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can a tenant withhold rent for repairs

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

allibastor wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks, yeah we are chasing them up, but all we get told is "we have the documents with us, we are currently reviewing them and will be back to you in due course"

I wouldnt mind, one of the neighbors who I know well enough has said its just business as normal in the house there, I haven't said about rent arrears but asked them to make sure everything is OK

But they must have guidelines about how long they are allowed take? They have when the shoe is on the other foot.

Is everything that you're sending to the tenant being sent by registered post?

Also RTB is supposed to be prioritising "overholding" cases at the moment.

I don't mean to pry OP but I've a feeling there's more going on her. It's now 4 months??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

pilly wrote: »
    But they must have guidelines about how long they are allowed take? They have when the shoe is on the other foot.

Is everything that you're sending to the tenant being sent by registered post?

The notices were yes.
    I was told it should be see/heard in a short time frame, so hopefully over the next 1-2 weeks we get heard.

Still though, its not like I can go up to the door and boot them out then, I need to go through the courts then to have the eviction followed.

The notices were yes.
    I was told it should be see/heard in a short time frame, so hopefully over the next 1-2 weeks we get heard.

Still though, its not like I can go up to the door and boot them out then, I need to go through the courts then to have the eviction followed.

I know but that's all the more reason to be pushing and pushing RTB. I wouldn't be relying on the agency, I don't think they've done you any favours here to be honest.

Is the washing machine fixed?

pilly wrote: »
    I know but that's all the more reason to be pushing and pushing RTB. I wouldn't be relying on the agency, I don't think they've done you any favours here to be honest.

Is the washing machine fixed?

No, agency issued the notices but I am following up with the RTB.

yes, they do priorities these cases, but 14 day notice was given at end of Jan, then followed up by 28 day notice. This brings us into March. Once all that was ignored we then sent everything to the RTB, told it should take 30 days to hear back, so still within this window (i think)

No, washing machine never got fixed, the agency stopped asking as the calls/emails/texts were never answered. Neither were mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

No, washing machine never got fixed, the agency stopped asking as the calls/emails/texts were never answered. Neither were mine.

Make sure you can prove that as they will guaranteed bring that up.

Make sure you can prove that as they will guaranteed bring that up.

Is it possibile at all for my EA to get into the property to inspect the washine machine, a friend who works in property said i can inform the tenent my EA is going to the property to inspect.

RTB hearing in next week !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Is it possibile at all for my EA to get into the property to inspect the washine machine, a friend who works in property said i can inform the tenent my EA is going to the property to inspect.

RTB hearing in next week !!!!

You can try to agree a mutual time to inspect but if they're not answering, the EA can't just show up. They're failing in their obligations to allow reasonable access to inspect but you need to keep yourself squeaky clean ahead of an RTB hearing and not infringe the tenant rights to peaceful enjoyment.

Advertisement