Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second PRTB charge when tenancy reaches 4 years

Options
  • 16-03-2017 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭

I got an invoice from the PRTB looking for me to reregister my existing tenants, as they have been there for 4 years. What aload of rubbish, complete racketeering.

Has anyone ever challenged this?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

does the registration fee only cover 4 years or the tenancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

Yes its for 4 years only And have to be renewed after that

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

When I am on hold with the RTB it says on their "prerecording" that its every 6 years that it has to be renewed and that was only yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

size5 wrote: »
    When I am on hold with the RTB it says on their "prerecording" that its every 6 years that it has to be renewed and that was only yesterday!!

The legislation changed in January moving part IV from 4 to 6 years for new tenancies. However existing tenancies are still on 4 year cycle and need to be renewed after 4 years or whenever a new tenancy commences that is the law so if you want to go to court to challenge the law over €90 work away!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

The legislation changed in January moving part IV from 4 to 6 years for new tenancies. However existing tenancies are still on 4 year cycle and need to be renewed after 4 years or whenever a new tenancy commences that is the law so if you want to go to court to challenge the law over €90 work away!

Not sure what your on about court challenge for?!!!!

Just mentioned what In heard from RTB,But thanks for clarifying the above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

size5 wrote: »
    Not sure what your on about court challenge for?!!!!

Just mentioned what In heard from RTB,But thanks for clarifying the above.

Challenge in that it's an unjust fee that offers no benefit,

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

ted1 wrote: »
    Challenge in that it's an unjust fee that offers no benefit,

Take the opportunity to end the tenancy and start a new one from scratch.
    I won't go into it, but don't take my word for it. If you look it up there are many downsides to a LL letting a part 4 roll after 4 years, compared to ending it. End it while you have the chance and then consider all of your options freshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

76544567 wrote: »
    I won't go into it, but don't take my word for it. If you look it up there are many downsides to a LL letting a part 4 roll after 4 years, compared to ending it. End it while you have the chance and then consider all of your options freshly.

Out if laziness I hasn't considered it. I'll check with my solicitor and see what he thinks. They have being very good tenants.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

76544567 wrote: »

The tenants have already been there for 4 years. Section 42 has been abolished. Too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

The payment of a second €90 after 4 years has been in existence for years.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

The payment of a second €90 after 4 years has been in existence for years.

It is being more frequently applied now because tenancies are lasting longer in the tight rental market.

Advertisement