Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home & contents insurance when working from home

• 16-03-2017 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks! Can anyone advise me on where best to get house & contents insurance when you are running a business from home? AIB won't quote us with the business running from the house. We can't draw down the mortgage without it so want to get something sorted quickly.Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Now obviously I don't know what sort of business you mean, that could make a huge difference but maybe try Pike Insurances 01 7096000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Have a look at this from Aviva if only for an idea of what to look for http://www.aviva.ie/business-insurance/products/home-office-insurance/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

Hello! My apologies for taking so long to respond. We make and sell jewellery online, we are struggling to find anyone who will cover our house and contents and also our business. I think it's complicated somewhat by our being a LTD company. Thank you for your suggestions, I'll get on them and see if they can help. We have tried going through an insurance broker but found them pretty unhelpful but am speaking with another today. I never anticipated it being so complicated with some many people working from home these days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

Pike Insurances, I work from home and have public/product liability and house insurance through them.

Advertisement