Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Dublin

Options
  • 16-03-2017 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭

Hi
    If your an athletics Ireland member and sign up today using code "LUCKYPADDY" at check out stage, you get the 1/2 marathon for 12.50 including postage of your number.

Sunday 13th August is when its on this year, I ran it last year and really impressed me , a great, well organised event.

A bargain price of 12.50 , couldn't resist that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If you're not an AI member the code gives you €17 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cporto

Woooo, sweet! Just registered, thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

aw so annoying- i have already signed up about a month ago

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks, signed up for this, I see that the Dun Laoghaire "Bay 10K" is the Monday before this, so am in for that too as a warmup, sure why not!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Chilli Con Kearney

I've paid my club fee for the year. Just wondering how I get my AI number?? Never asked for it before. I guess that the club have it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I've paid my club fee for the year. Just wondering how I get my AI number?? Never asked for it before. I guess that the club have it??

Yes, your club should have it if you contact them. Offer ends soon so you would need to get it soon from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Any current discount codes for this

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Bumping this to see if anyone has any more discount codes? €45 is very steep:o

Also, does anyone know if there are pacers? Don't see any mention of it on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Bumping this to see if anyone has any more discount codes? €45 is very steep:o

Also, does anyone know if there are pacers? Don't see any mention of it on the website.

join an athletics club, and you can enter the race (as the national championships) for under 30 euro

there are pacers. I think every 15 minutes from 2-3 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I'm looking forward to this one. Doing the half then using the fun run as my cool down!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Wasnt there a mid summer Groupon offer on this race last year? Lot of people unhappy with that but it may happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

jhammer wrote: »
    Wasnt there a mid summer Groupon offer on this race last year? Lot of people unhappy with that but it may happen again.

Hoping there will be another one this summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Just got an email to say there is a flash sale on Wednesday. It's only €5 off so nothing major.
    Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

€10 off the half marathon for the next 11 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

Any one know any codes for this.

I cant be paying 45 quid for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

rdunne wrote: »

As someone who is relatively new to entering races I find the costs are really adding up! Groupon did have a 30% off deal last July, maybe they'll do it again this year.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

This is one of the most expensive races on the calendar. The Race series half is only €20, less if you also add in other races from the race series. Around €25 should be the going rate for a half marathon.

There is a good half in Tullamore in August if you are prepared to travel a bit outside Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

rdunne wrote: »

conti wrote: »
    As someone who is relatively new to entering races I find the costs are really adding up! Groupon did have a 30% off deal last July, maybe they'll do it again this year.

There was a tenner off it last week, so don't know if they will discount it again

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

muddypaws wrote: »
    There was a tenner off it last week, so don't know if they will discount it again

Anyone know if any new discounts on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

They hit another price rise after tomorrow. I did find one code that worked for €3 off but has anybody any other ones??

They usually give out codes for people who didn't make the final cut in the Idol comp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Was about to pull the trigger on this last night but the 8:30 start was just to much
    of an inconvenience....
    Will head for Tullamore a couple of weeks later....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

martyboy48 wrote: »
    Was about to pull the trigger on this last night but the 8:30 start was just to much
    of an inconvenience....
    Will head for Tullamore a couple of weeks later....
    Yeah I need to figure out the early start in town better this year. Last year was very early up to drive to Phoenix Park (Only 10 mins from me so easy) but a few km walk to get to where the bus was in the park, travel into town, it stopped near O'Connell St so had to get a LUAS to the 3 arena. Its a lot of work before you get to the start line. I don't see what the buses could not bring us the entire way to the start line.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

AAD wrote: »
    They hit another price rise after tomorrow. I did find one code that worked for €3 off but has anybody any other ones??

They usually give out codes for people who didn't make the final cut in the Idol comp.

I was planning to do this HM but €45 is a bit steep for one race considering you can enter the Race Series x 3 races (10K,FD10 Mile and DCHM) for only €50, much better value methinks.

Might still go for it closer to the time if any discounts are offered, so if anyone is aware of any more codes, please post them. ;)

BTW what was the €3 off code??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hey Smash,

Not sure about that as just posted on FB:

Set your summer goals for 2017 and sign up for Affidea Ireland Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin by today to save money, as the prices go up 1st July! It’s PAY DAY, there’s no excuses! #RnRDublin
    http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/register/

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

The code I used was RNB15 which only gave €3 off, which is the transaction fee. So still €45

aquinn wrote: »
    Hey Smash,

Not sure about that as just posted on FB:

Set your summer goals for 2017 and sign up for Affidea Ireland Rock ‘n’ Roll Dublin by today to save money, as the prices go up 1st July! It’s PAY DAY, there’s no excuses! #RnRDublin
    http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/register/

Thanks aquinn,AAD,
    I might go mad and enter the Race Series the R&R and the DCM this afternoon :eek:!!

How is the knee aquinn, u back doing a bit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The last few years the RNR half has appeared on Groupon in the weeks leading up to the race at a considerable discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

smashiner wrote: »
    Thanks aquinn,AAD,
    I might go mad and enter the Race Series the R&R and the DCM this afternoon :eek:!!

How is the knee aquinn, u back doing a bit?

Are you over your tri fairy experience then? :D How's the swimming.

I'm good thanks. Getting there. I can now run 3 days a week and was told this week I can go back to the track as intervals good as more of a break than constant running.

Complete thread derailment so apologies but Smash is my Novice buddy from DCM 2014.

aquinn wrote: »
    Are you over your tri fairy experience then? :D How's the swimming.

I'm good thanks. Getting there. I can now run 3 days a week and was told this week I can go back to the track as intervals good as more of a break than constant running.

Complete thread derailment so apologies but Smash is my Novice buddy from DCM 2014.

Nah, still dabbling in Dark siding and I am slightly less crap at swimming ;)

TBH, I miss running too much and prefer the road races versus the Tri's as I think that I enjoy the buzz of a big race such as a Half Marathon / FD10 a bit more. Also, I have never taken part in the R&R HM and my friends said that it was fantastic last year.....decisions decisions!

Delighted to hear that the magical pixie from DCM 14 is back in action...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

chris85 wrote: »
    Yeah I need to figure out the early start in town better this year. Last year was very early up to drive to Phoenix Park (Only 10 mins from me so easy) but a few km walk to get to where the bus was in the park, travel into town, it stopped near O'Connell St so had to get a LUAS to the 3 arena. Its a lot of work before you get to the start line. I don't see what the buses could not bring us the entire way to the start line.

Park at the start and get bus&I Luas back. You're going to have a tough part of the journey one way, with an 830 start I'd prefer it to be after.

Advertisement