Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

The half went up the €50 this morning, I wonder how/why they do this?

Is it a case that they have good numbers or are at their predicted numbers already so they increase it or

Is it just part of the Rick n Roll business model? They just build in increases to keep it uniformed across all events during the year.

Either way it seems a bit mental as you can get the ten mile and half on the race series for €35

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

AAD wrote: »
    The half went up the €50 this morning, I wonder how/why they do this?

standard for a lot of races, early bird prices gradually rising to the 'real' price near race time

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Can anyone recommend where to park near the start of the Half? Will the roads be open to traffic early in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

gypsylee wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend where to park near the start of the Half? Will the roads be open to traffic early in the morning?

Gibson Hotel Car Park at Point Village. 250m walk to the start. Should be open from East Link and East Wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Depends on which direction you are coming from, you could park at Hueston Station and get the Red Line Luas to the start line. I thought they were running shuttle buses to the start line from there, but it appears it will only go so far, but looks like it would be handier for after the race to get back to Hueston.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Depends on which direction you are coming from, you could park at Hueston Station and get the Red Line Luas to the start line. I thought they were running shuttle buses to the start line from there, but it appears it will only go so far, but looks like it would be handier for after the race to get back to Hueston.

Hi, where did you see this info, couldnt see such info on website, but I may be blind!!

Thanks Sunny Dayz. Coming from Kildare so might park at the Red Cow and get the Luas it. Will have to check out if it will make it to the start in time as the first one leaves Tallaght at 7 on a Sunday.

Dealerz wrote: »
    Hi, where did you see this info, couldnt see such info on website, but I may be blind!!
    http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/the-weekend/travel/transport/
    This page, if you look down at the bottom for race day shuttle. Seems that the shuttle is more for the 10km rather than the half.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

If I park at Phoenix Park, can I get into City Centre that way for start?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Red line Luas will get you in from Heuston. But, it finishes up in Park so parking might be very limited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Johnny B Good

Downtime wrote: »

Gibson Hotel Car Park at Point Village. 250m walk to the start. Should be open from East Link and East Wall.

Website shows the car parks don't open until 9.00 on a Sunday at start. Have emailed them but no answer. Did anyone park there last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Website shows the car parks don't open until 9.00 on a Sunday at start. Have emailed them but no answer. Did anyone park there last year?

There is on street parking around the Castleforbes area which is where I parked last year. Free on Sunday's too. Bit of a pain getting back though because the Luas only went as far as Connolly so bit of a walk after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

KJ wrote: »
    There is on street parking around the Castleforbes area which is where I parked last year. Free on Sunday's too. Bit of a pain getting back though because the Luas only went as far as Connolly so bit of a walk after that.

I got Luas all the way back last year, the odd tram finishes at Connolly but most serve the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

WILDDUBLIN17 gives a fiver off the HM until the 23rd of July, according to a mail I received today. Anyone else aware of any codes, I heard that Groupon did a great deal last year at €29??

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Hi, anyone know if there are pacers for the 10k and what times ?
    Thanks.

Right.......I did an 18K LSR yesterday and I bit the bullet and signed up today and got a massive €3 off with RNB15. Needed to sign up to get the head in gear and can't wait any longer for a deal.....actually really looking forward to the race now as I missed out on it last year!

Similar to twerg 85's question, are there any pacers for the HM, does anyone know??

Just need to decide if I am going as Alice Cooper or KISS now........:D

For anyone who has requested that the race pack be posted out to you (had to be done by 30 June and at a cost of €3.50), according to their facebook page, it will be out 10 days before the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

smashiner wrote: »
    Similar to twerg 85's question, are there any pacers for the HM, does anyone know??

there are pacers for the HM, don't know about the 10k

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

For anyone who has requested that the race pack be posted out to you (had to be done by 30 June and at a cost of €3.50), according to their facebook page, it will be out 10 days before the race.

race number arrived at home this am

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

getting excited now, my first half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 cporto

mine too - i'm getting nervous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

cporto wrote: »
    mine too - i'm getting nervous!!

mine too! feeling really unprepared after running the Fingal 10k

Mine too. The number just made it seem more real. And close!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cporto

Dealerz wrote: »
    mine too! feeling really unprepared after running the Fingal 10k

Oh no I'm sure you're plenty prepared! Sure it's only a little bit longer than a 10k... :rolleyes:
    I struggled to do 12 min repeats at slightly above race pace last weekend, so I haven't a bloody clue how I'm supposed to do the whole 13.1 miles!

The main sponsor Affidea are having a competition on facebook at the minute for complimentary entries, competition closes next Monday 31st July.

https://www.facebook.com/AffideaIreland/?hc_ref=ARRDWKHvWOz5os8SwPBYKaUbBhj-eI-uT8ffvCmotYUgJ7_1Ihxb028P_yHxiWteqQM

(I'm in no way affiliated, I just saw it on facebook and know many people find the entry fee saucy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

RayCun wrote: »
    there are pacers for the HM, don't know about the 10k

Just saw this now... there are pacers for the 10k too.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Pace groups offered include:

Half Marathon – 1:30, 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30; 2:45, 3:00

10k – 0:45, 0:50, 0:55, 1:00

Read more at http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/news/2017/07/meet-the-pacers/#4eSubWrmGKjB7Wpa.99

There's a discount code for a meagre €3 off.
    IDOLWINNER

HM Top sorted via ebay, probably not very wise to run 13.1 miles in a black cotton Tee Shirt, but then again life is too short not to....it is KISS after all!

It will probably be a sunny 25 Degrees on the day and I will melt by the time we reach Heuston Station :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Mine too. The number just made it seem more real. And close!

Mine also. Really nervous. Had a big training plan which I never really started. Don't know how I'm going to manage.

Advertisement