Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jmcmen

Anyone know How you get the discounted Athletic Ireland National Champs rate when registering?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

When you go to register, click Half Marathon, then select Athletics Ireland Half Marathon** — €35.

Link here...

https://register.runrocknroll.com/Register/?event=38235&_ga=2.164536063.1592802467.1501494769-657775101.1497372213

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Jmcmen

adrian522 wrote: »
    When you go to register, click Half Marathon, then select Athletics Ireland Half Marathon** — €35.

Link here...

https://register.runrocknroll.com/Register/?event=38235&_ga=2.164536063.1592802467.1501494769-657775101.1497372213

Many thanks. As you may have guessed I am an idiot. It was right in front of my eyes!!!

Sorry for wasting your time and thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nedsgarden

What numbers are expected for this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

nedsgarden wrote: »
    What numbers are expected for this ?

about 6,000 in the half last year, I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Is there any need to go into Trinity if you got your number etc by post?
    Can you pick up your T-Shirt etc at the finish line like in most races instead?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/the-races/general-info/
    Half Marathon, 10K & 5K participant t-shirts will be available for pickup before the race at Packet Pickup or after the race at the Finish Line Festival.

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

I did Clontarf half last month. Really enjoyed it but it was a lot tougher than I expected. Is this one slightly easier or do the hills make it tougher?? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Seannew1 wrote: »
    I did Clontarf half last month. Really enjoyed it but it was a lot tougher than I expected. Is this one slightly easier or do the hills make it tougher?? :L

What hills? Eeekkk!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

What hills? Eeekkk!!!!

Every possible one they could find.

It's a tough route looking at the map but I haven't done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

I did clontarf a couple of years ago and despite it being sold as 'irelands flattest half' I found it impossible. I did rock and roll last year and I definitely found it easier and completed it 20 minutes faster than clontarf the previous year.

My training hadn't been going as well for Clontarf as it was for R'n'R last year, but not enough to allow for such a big time difference. The wind and the sand is just killer in clontarf.

Looking forward to this years race - have had a number of injurys over the past few months hamper my training so not looking for a PB, but it was such a great race last year I can't wait for it. Doing the 5km on the saturday too as an easy warm up for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

zedhead wrote: »
    I did clontarf a couple of years ago and despite it being sold as 'irelands flattest half' I found it impossible. I did rock and roll last year and I definitely found it easier and completed it 20 minutes faster than clontarf the previous year.

My training hadn't been going as well for Clontarf as it was for R'n'R last year, but not enough to allow for such a big time difference. The wind and the sand is just killer in clontarf.

Looking forward to this years race - have had a number of injurys over the past few months hamper my training so not looking for a PB, but it was such a great race last year I can't wait for it. Doing the 5km on the saturday too as an easy warm up for it!

Glad I wasn't the only one, who found Clontarf particularly tough! I hit a wall around 15k because of the wind and sand. despite running a good hilly half in February. Hoping for a better result in Rock and Roll one. Did a 10 mile road race Saturday gone and feel in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Every hill they can think of: is this the Rock N roll or the Clontarf? Coz i watched the race route video for Rock and Roll and it looked fairly flat.

Managed 20km on Sunday. Couldn't walk after it but that's progress!

Semi tempted to do the 5k on the Saturday to get that cool guitar race series medal <3

Anyone know where the Fun run starts from?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

The RnR isn't particularly hilly - the steepest bit is just a short climb at Christchurch, but that's towards the start. Then maybe some small hills in the Park. IIRC, the last km or so is a bit of a climb.

Clontarf is flat but being exposed on the coast, the wind can be a killer if it's blowing the wrong way on the return leg (I've done it three times and it's always blowing the wrong way on the return leg).

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

It like the countdown to Christmas, saw this sign outside Heuston Station today.......

I take it that the Luas runs all the way to the Point that morning, so getting on a Tram in Tallaght or Red Cow for around 7am will get me there for around 8am? Or will I have to get off at Heuston and get a shuttle bus? The race website is not 100% clear ....to me anyway??

I have been asked to run this HM with a friend of mine from work for a great Charity that is close to him 'Feileacain' (purple Tee Shirts). We will be in and around the 2 hour pacers..hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

smashiner wrote: »
    It like the countdown to Christmas, saw this sign outside Heuston Station today.......

I take it that the Luas runs all the way to the Point that morning, so getting on a Tram in Tallaght or Red Cow for around 7am will get me there for around 8am? Or will I have to get off at Heuston and get a shuttle bus? The race website is not 100% clear ....to me anyway??

I have been asked to run this HM with a friend of mine from work for a great Charity that is close to him 'Feileacain' (purple Tee Shirts). We will be in and around the 2 hour pacers..hopefully!

That's a fantastic cause. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cporto

smashiner wrote: »

I went out for a run along part of the route on Sunday and passed a load of those signs! Started getting all excited/nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I'm volunteering again this year. I'll be around the baggage trucks. It was a lot of fun last year and I'm looking forward to it.

They could do with more volunteers so if you know anyone willing, let me know and I'll give you the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AlanPat

I found Clontarf a lot more manageable than the RnR. Christchurch hill, Phoenix park climb. My time was a good 7 mins slower than the Clontarf half, but maybe I tried to just enjoy the race rather than push myself.
    Worth it at the end for the few freebies and being able to relax on the grass listening to the bands on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I think the Rock n' Roll is a bit easier than Clontarf. Yes there are a couple of hilly bits but I find them a lot better than the beach section of Clontarf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

I'm volunteering again this year. I'll be around the baggage trucks. It was a lot of fun last year and I'm looking forward to it.

They could do with more volunteers so if you know anyone willing, let me know and I'll give you the details.

Fair play C. I'll make sure to say hello if I spot you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

Hey Folks,

This is my first rock n roll half marathon and my first ever half marathon.

Looks like I'll have to drive to this or else get up at silly o'clock and get the green line luas and then walk from stephens green which is 3km distance away so it would be tight on time.

Any suggestions on where to park or where I could be dropped off if getting a lift?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You could park at Houston, then get shuttle to the start and be close to the car at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Smithfield has €6 all day parking on a sunday, could get luas down then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If I was to get the Luas from Heuston what time would the first one be there (at Heuston) approx.?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    If I was to get the Luas from Heuston what time would the first one be there (at Heuston) approx.?

Hi Sunny. I plan on getting the first Luas from the Red Cow shortly after 7. Should be at Heuston by 7.30 I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Is Jervis st car park an option for parking. €3.20 per hour, but among three of us we would probably spend that on the Luas in and out and parking out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Thinking about dropping by the pickup on Friday after work and seeing if they still have spots for the Half. Website says you can still sign up there.

Do the extra places they have go quick or will I be safe waiting until after 5pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Thinking about dropping by the pickup on Friday after work and seeing if they still have spots for the Half. Website says you can still sign up there.

Do the extra places they have go quick or will I be safe waiting until after 5pm?

I'm sure you can message the organizers and see if they are close to capacity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

I am planning to drive to Heuston for 7:30 on Sunday morning to meet up with two friends and then plan on jumping on a Luas to the start line, can anyone tell me if the Luas ran last year to the Point around this time of the morning??

I actually rang the Luas helpdesk yesterday and the customer service lady was a bit woolly on when the Trams would actually stop running that morning and asked me to ring back on Friday morning :)

I know that there are shuttle buses as an option too in case I am stuck, but I can't work out how far they will drop us down towards the start line.

Advertisement