Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thinking about dropping by the pickup on Friday after work and seeing if they still have spots for the Half. Website says you can still sign up there.

Do the extra places they have go quick or will I be safe waiting until after 5pm?
    According to their facebook page you can still register at the desk on the Friday and Saturday.
    **Late registration is still available for all distances at Packet Pickup!**
    Just in case you missed our online registration, you still have a chance to sign up to one of Ireland’s best weekends of running! Visit us down at Trinity College Sports Centre and we will look after you .
    We will be there Friday (11:00 to 18:00) ...
    and Saturday (10:00 to 17:00)
    https://www.facebook.com/RnRDublin/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

smashiner wrote: »
    I am planning to drive to Heuston for 7:30 on Sunday morning to meet up with two friends and then plan on jumping on a Luas to the start line, can anyone tell me if the Luas ran last year to the Point around this time of the morning??

I actually rang the Luas helpdesk yesterday and the customer service lady was a bit woolly on when the Trams would actually stop running that morning and asked me to ring back on Friday morning :)

I know that there are shuttle buses as an option too in case I am stuck, but I can't work out how far they will drop us down towards the start line.

I don't think the Luas is affected for runners. Just get on a Luas that is going to the Point and not one that is only going as far as Connolly. First tram leaves Tallaght is at 7am

The only reference to the Luas I have found so far is that the stop at Hueston station is closed between 8.40 and 9.30 but thats only because we are running passed it. That was on the info sheet we got with our numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Anyone got a link to a strava profile of the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anyone got a link to a strava profile of the course?

This is last year but it hasn't changed as far as I can tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Slight change this year it seems. Instead of going straight from the main gate to The Phoenix Monument, we do a little out and back from the first roundabout to the Wellington Monument, then leaving Chesterfield Avenue along the path opposite Aras An Uachtaran to meet the Acres Road and from there same as last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Anyone know if the 10k course is marked in km or miles ?

Also, any info on what time each of the corrals is? I mailed them but no response.

twerg_85 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 10k course is marked in km or miles ?

Also, any info on what time each of the corrals is? I mailed them but no response.

It was marked in kms last year

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nedsgarden

Seems a few of us are aiming to park at Heuston, i am hoping to do same.

Would parking be readily available ?

I have two people with me, how long would the walk to the end line take them, two teenagers !!!!

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

The finish line is near castleknock gate. So not too far really. 20-25mins depending on how the legs are

Thanks BBman

And the parking query , ample spaces ?

• Advertisement

nedsgarden wrote: »
    Thanks BBman

And the parking query , ample spaces ?

no idea I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

anyone know what the story is with bib pick up? It says friends/family can't pick it up for the runner but not sure how well this is enforced?

I need to get my g.f to pick it up for my brother today or else I would have to do it tomorrow for him. He won't be in Dublin until tomorrow night.

I think ID has to be shown. I'm heading down at lunch so I'll see what the craic is

I think ID has to be shown. I'm heading down at lunch so I'll see what the craic is

Cheers, if you could let me know it would be great.

I could probably get away with pretending to be him and hope they don't ask for ID but I'd say my girlfriend would struggle

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭zedhead

cloneslad wrote: »
    anyone know what the story is with bib pick up? It says friends/family can't pick it up for the runner but not sure how well this is enforced?

I need to get my g.f to pick it up for my brother today or else I would have to do it tomorrow for him. He won't be in Dublin until tomorrow night.

Picked mine up this morning and no id asked for. The lady next to me was collecting 4 numbers so its no enforced at all. I also had to get a wristband for the remix medal and they didn't even check I had a half marathon registration. Very lax.

zedhead wrote: »
    Picked mine up this morning and no id asked for. The lady next to me was collecting 4 numbers so its no enforced at all. I also had to get a wristband for the remix medal and they didn't even check I had a half marathon registration. Very lax.

same experience

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

nedsgarden wrote: »
    Seems a few of us are aiming to park at Heuston, i am hoping to do same.

Would parking be readily available ?

I have two people with me, how long would the walk to the end line take them, two teenagers !!!!

thanks

Normally lots of parking spaces at Heuston at the weekends, make sure that you pay your parking fee or you will more than likely be clamped :eek:(€9.50 in coins for the entire day or €8.50 by text).

The walk to the finish line for the HM is a good 3Kish from Heuston, so maybe half an hour or so of brisk walking I would reckon.

Got my race number and Tee Shirt today, really looking forward to it now, best of luck to all the Boardies running in this one ;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

smashiner wrote: »
    Normally lots of parking spaces at Heuston at the weekends, make sure that you pay your parking fee or you will more than likely be clamped :eek:(€9.50 in coins for the entire day or €8.50 by text).

The walk to the finish line for the HM is a good 3Kish from Heuston, so maybe half an hour or so of brisk walking I would reckon.

Got my race number and Tee Shirt today, really looking forward to it now, best of luck to all the Boardies running in this one ;)!

Fair play. I got my bib posted, and was thinking of collecting the t-shirt on the way home from work. However, I'll be travelling in on Sunday race ready (i.e. no baggage) so I'm now considering that it might be better to collect the t-shirt at the finish - the club singlet doesn't offer a lot of coverage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Have to say, I wasn't asked to show ID or a number from a different event to get the black wristband for the remix medal.

It seems that the "expo" is getting smaller and smaller every year. If it wasn't for Run Logic it's was just a RNR merchandise stall. Even the medals seem to be smaller this year than other years.

Anyway onto the weekend and a good couple of races.

Anyone got a GPS watch? Would you recommend trying to get a signal before you go into the pens before the start?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Anyone got a GPS watch? Would you recommend trying to get a signal before you go into the pens before the start?
    You should be fine to get signal with people all around. Ive never had a problem at any race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I will prob park in Hueston also and get LUAS to start or may just go early and stroll/jog down. Otherwise its parking near finish and walking to shuttle (about 1.5km last year so get from castleknock gate to shuttle bus), then get from Hueston to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Collected my number this afternoon and they were still taking registrations.

There's loads of parking at Heuston but the first Luas doesn't leave Tallaght until 7am so wont get to Heuston until 7.25. I didn't do it last year but 2015 it was completely jam packed. If you get in early and are killing time I'd recommend walking up the hill and getting on a stop earlier (James Hospital). The trams are 10-15 mins apart and if you dont get the first one you'd be cutting it tight to get to the start on time.

Another option is getting a Dublin Bike from Heuston to the point village, it'd be a nice little warm up.

thanks for the heads up on the bib collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Did you need the print out? I have no access to personal email from work so I can't print it and forwarding it to my work email doesn't work.

Just fill in this with your details and print it, you don't need your email

http://www.runrocknroll.com/dublin/the-races/confirmation/

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

I picked my number up and only needed to give my name and number which I got from the charts on the wall.

In and out in 2 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone know the frequency of the shuttle bus, is it running in a continual loop or every half hour or something else?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone know the frequency of the shuttle bus, is it running in a continual loop or every half hour or something else?

Same here, does it go from Heuston to the Point ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

So annoying: I have been thrown into Corral 6 for the half even though I'm in a running club and around the 1.50 mark pace wise.

Advertisement