Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock and Roll Half Marathon Dublin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Did 5km today. Slow jog as didn't want to be tired for tmrw. Lovely down hill course. Would have been fab for anyone wanting a pb. Lots of toilets but lots of huge queues even tho 5k much quieter than i guess tmrw will be. ...like There were only 8 corrals today.
    Banana, water, crisps and bar at end.
    Band was great. Didn't queue for the beers.

Pack pick up and late reg was available. Yesterday at Trinity was a doddle- no id or anything needed

Shutfle Buses were large coaches so not sure if they wait for them to fill before going.....

Photo. Medals are lovely. Large and weighty.
    (Yes, I went in a 1950s dress. )

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Seannew1 wrote: »
    So annoying: I have been thrown into Corral 6 for the half even though I'm in a running club and around the 1.50 mark pace wise.

Predicted time of 1:50 would suggest to me that corral 6 sounds appropriate. Try get to the front of the corral. A friend with predicted time of 1:30ish is in corral 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

Predicted time of 1:50 would suggest to me that corral 6 sounds appropriate. Try get to the front of the corral. A friend with predicted time of 1:30ish is in corral 5.

National championships should be part of 1, 2 or 3 though. I know someone who's well outside 2 hour mark , who is in corral 2. It's a complete mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

National championships should be part of 1, 2 or 3 though. I know someone who's well outside 2 hour mark , who is in corral 2. It's a complete mess.

That sounds pretty messy indeed. I don't think he is going to medal :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

But did you enter the national championships or the regular race?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Seannew1

RayCun wrote: »
    But did you enter the national championships or the regular race?

National Championships!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

I put my time down as 1:45 and am in Corral 5 so based on your time that sounds pretty reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

AFAIK corral 1-3 will all be starting on the gun. Maybe a 5 min interval for corrals after that.

Anyone got an idea how many are registered overall for 10 and half tmrw. There was less than 2.5k ppl at the 5km today judging by the final position of last person over the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Anyone know if the tshirt can be changed afterwards, assuming there's some spare

Got mine yesterday but a bit loose

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! Talk to you on the otherside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,392 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

How do you affix your baggage tag to the pastiche bag provided? Or do they do that for you at the baggage truck?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    How do you affix your baggage tag to the pastiche bag provided? Or do they do that for you at the baggage truck?
    You should have got a red cable tie, if not then untie the knot of the cord of the bag and rub it through the hole.

Re: corrals, I'm sure I put 1:45 and got corral 4. Unless you're in the championships or looking for a PB, it spread out very early so I wouldn't see it being a massive problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Gillo wrote: »
    You should have got a red cable tie, if not then untie the knot of the cord of the bag and rub it through the hole.

Re: corrals, I'm sure I put 1:45 and got corral 4. Unless you're in the championships or looking for a PB, it spread out very early so I wouldn't see it being a massive problem.

But where does the cable tie go? I don't see a hole for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭Payton

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Pull the cord on the bag so it's closed the Scrunch up the bag just below where the cord loops through the bag and use the tie wrap to affix your tag to the bag at its narrowist point.

Van.Bosch wrote: »

The cable tie is to fix the bag tag to the bag. There's a hole punched out for it. Then you can just tie up the bag

Good look to everyone running today. This is my 3rd RnR half marathon, I'm not aiming for a PB just out to enjoy it. It's nice and cool out at the moment and perfect morning for the run.
    Pace yourself, stay strong and enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cporto

Hope everyone got on well today! It was my first half and I was delighted with the whole experience. Even enjoyed the hills somehow! Found myself walking away after it through the park, enviously looking at the joggers out for their Sunday run...

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

Fun event. I only decided to run in on Thursday when my original plan was to pop that particular cherry at the Dublin Half next month but decided to give it a go.

Great atmosphere. Would do again.

I was running with Kiss for the first stretch. That was fun. Was 2:11 by my watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Really enjoyed it today. Was tough from 18-19km. Really felt it. Thought I was going to get sick at 19km

2:13 by my watch. Pizza and pint or two later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭conti

Great event, my first time partaking in RnR. I just did the 10K because I wanted one more stab at a PB before the summer was out. I didn't realise until this week just how hilly the course was, so I knew from the get-go I wouldn't be getting that PB. Still had great fun though, managed to come in 15th which just about put me on the leaderboard (unless they're adjusted in the next few days). Enjoyed the Erdinger and a pad Thai at the finish festival.

Longford half marathon next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I had a great morning volunteering at the bag drop. I did get the chance to see the first 3 men through the finish line, that was pretty exciting.

Well done everyone, hope you enjoyed the day!

Really enjoyed it today. Was tough from 18-19km. Really felt it. Thought I was going to get sick at 19km

2:13 by my watch. Pizza and pint or two later

I felt it too. Came into the park thinking Woo hoo home stretch, but those long sneaky hills were tough for tired legs.
    2h 25m Happy to get under 2h 30m as very stupidly only put my runners back 3 weeks ago.

Well done everyone! Was a fun day. Riptide movement were brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭smashiner

Great event, my first time to do it and I have to say it was great craic! I did it with a friend and we did it in 1:58, a 10 minute PB for him so he was delighted with that, also the garmin showed 21.3 kms, so it's the longer HM that I ever did :D

The second half was a bit tough in the heat and the hills thrown in, so it was hard enough of a HM course, so fair play to all Boardies who did the HM and 10K!!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Completed the 10k myself and improved by a minute over what I did on Monday out in Dun Laoighare in my last race. Once I hit the final two I just nailed it forward and came in in 53:41 according to the results online, which is about six seconds quicker than I managed running around locally so absolutely chuffed with that!

Nice course. I enjoyed the atmosphere along the way (and that the main downhill parts were near the end!) Medal is nice too. On looking at the first images I thought it might of been a little tacky, but it holds up in person. Mind you, looking at all those people who doubled-up and did the 5k yesterday to earn the additional medals made me a little envious! :D It's a nice idea though the way the series works and encourages you to make a weekend out of it. Would definitely be thinking to do it again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭solidasarock

MVP of the event was that one sign that said "Its a hill, Get over it"

Great day, like most the hills at the back took their toll and I finished at 2:18. I'm happy with it considering my knee was giving me gip for the last 3km and no training for the last 2 weeks.
    Well done everyone, great to see a wonderful mix of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Great event and brilliant conditions (well not too hot for most of it. I pulled my calf around the 14 km mark and had to hobble the remainder. It threw off my times but working out my pace up to then I was within less than a minute of a PB and considering I'm comfortable on hills I think I could have pulled it off.

My calf is pretty sore now, it's an old injury but I'll have to reassess Frank Duffy in two weeks, I'd rather be safe and miss than then risk missing DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Great event really enjoyed it.

Anybody have any problems with their time. My watch has me 20 seconds slower than the chip time. I could understand it the other way but not my watch been slower than the chip time. I didn't start my watch until I crossed the start line and I was in coral one, so my watch time, chip time and gun time should all be the same or else very close.

Maybe I should just enjoy taking a bit more off my new pb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Great day out today, wanted to get in under 1.30 if possible and ended up pushing on and getting 1.28, I was 1.46 last year so I'm delighted to see the progress I've made.

Advertisement